October 11th Update

It wasn't really confusing, so much as it was redundant and contradictory. Atleast now a road agent will be a road agent, and there won't be two "levels" of them. It's a shame that we won't be able to ahave a Finlay type who is both a road agent AND upper midcarder (unless double-pushes are somehow allowed), but 'tis a small price to pay for some much needed streamlining. I would have preferred if Road Agents were handled exactly like bookers, with no specific "Road Agent" push per say, but this is still an improvement.

It wasn't really confusing, so much as it was redundant and contradictory. Atleast now a road agent will be a road agent, and there won't be two "levels" of them. It's a shame that we won't be able to ahave a Finlay type who is both a road agent AND upper midcarder (unless double-pushes are somehow allowed), but 'tis a small price to pay for some much needed streamlining. I would have preferred if Road Agents were handled exactly like bookers, with no specific "Road Agent" push per say, but this is still an improvement.

How nice of you. If you are going to start these threads, how about titling it along the lines of everyone else... please? The only reason I come onto these forums anymore is to read what surprises Adam has entered into his developer's journal. Seeing 'New Road Agent update (TM)' on the forum main page defeats the entire purpose. For the benefit of those who may not want to be spoilt by unthinking nimrods, can you not use the typical 'October 11th Features' as thread title? Thanks a lot.

How nice of you. If you are going to start these threads, how about titling it along the lines of everyone else... please? The only reason I come onto these forums anymore is to read what surprises Adam has entered into his developer's journal. Seeing 'New Road Agent update (TM)' on the forum main page defeats the entire purpose. For the benefit of those who may not want to be spoilt by unthinking nimrods, can you not use the typical 'October 11th Features' as thread title? Thanks a lot.

Ok, this was the tiniest update ever. How on earth could people get confused on that thing? I can't understand. Secondly, in '05, you didn't have to fill the whole five slots. How can I say this.. mm.. Well. I only used one or two, who had high booking / respect needed, B+, A or A* and so on. And I just kept two people in those slots. If I used more, like 5, the predicts, general knowing and things they (road agents) said became less accurate. The more people I put in those slots, the more messy the whole thing came. Sorry my bad english, I tried to explain that as good as I can.

Ok, this was the tiniest update ever. How on earth could people get confused on that thing? I can't understand. Secondly, in '05, you didn't have to fill the whole five slots. How can I say this.. mm.. Well. I only used one or two, who had high booking / respect needed, B+, A or A* and so on. And I just kept two people in those slots. If I used more, like 5, the predicts, general knowing and things they (road agents) said became less accurate. The more people I put in those slots, the more messy the whole thing came. Sorry my bad english, I tried to explain that as good as I can.

[QUOTE=FINisher;153773]Ok, this was the tiniest update ever.[/QUOTE] "This is only a minor update, [I]as I had other business to attend to yesterday[/I]." What's your point? I explained that the journal was switching to a blog format, so some days are not going to have very much because I don't necessarily finish a big feature every single day, especially when I have other, non-TEW, things to do.

[QUOTE=FINisher;153773]Ok, this was the tiniest update ever.[/QUOTE] "This is only a minor update, [I]as I had other business to attend to yesterday[/I]." What's your point? I explained that the journal was switching to a blog format, so some days are not going to have very much because I don't necessarily finish a big feature every single day, especially when I have other, non-TEW, things to do.

[QUOTE=Adam Ryland;153775]"This is only a minor update, [I]as I had other business to attend to yesterday[/I]." What's your point? I explained that the journal was switching to a blog format, so some days are not going to have very much because I don't necessarily finish a big feature every single day, especially when I have other, non-TEW, things to do.[/QUOTE] I don't think the guy meant it as an insult Adam. It seemed more of a 'How can you be confused about it?' Chill my man, have a cup of tea. :)

[QUOTE=Adam Ryland;153775]"This is only a minor update, [I]as I had other business to attend to yesterday[/I]." What's your point? I explained that the journal was switching to a blog format, so some days are not going to have very much because I don't necessarily finish a big feature every single day, especially when I have other, non-TEW, things to do.[/QUOTE] I don't think the guy meant it as an insult Adam. It seemed more of a 'How can you be confused about it?' Chill my man, have a cup of tea. :)

[QUOTE=TCP1;153780]I don't think the guy meant it as an insult Adam. It seemed more of a 'How can you be confused about it?' Chill my man, have a cup of tea. :)[/QUOTE] Naw, it seemed the guy was more concerned about people that might have been confused about it. I like this update, mainly because I think it will save a bit of time. I really don't like having to look and see who is highest in different skills to be able to put them in this slot. The Booker position's are easier to fill, because you only have to look up one skill (or I only do anyways, lol). If the one's that you get from and automatic push work as good as any you could "pick out", then I think this small update, is going to be a bigger time saver then anything I have seen yet (while playing the game).

[QUOTE=TCP1;153780]I don't think the guy meant it as an insult Adam. It seemed more of a 'How can you be confused about it?' Chill my man, have a cup of tea. :)[/QUOTE] Naw, it seemed the guy was more concerned about people that might have been confused about it. I like this update, mainly because I think it will save a bit of time. I really don't like having to look and see who is highest in different skills to be able to put them in this slot. The Booker position's are easier to fill, because you only have to look up one skill (or I only do anyways, lol). If the one's that you get from and automatic push work as good as any you could "pick out", then I think this small update, is going to be a bigger time saver then anything I have seen yet (while playing the game).

Öhm, Adam, it is the tiniest update to this day. You said it yourself: "This is only a minor update, as I had other business to attend to yesterday.", I read that. I read everything that is in the Developers Journal, from word to word, and again. In no way I tried to insult you, or the Journal/Blog, you just understood it wrong. Sorry about the confusing :/ And sorry about the sentence coming out that kinda "****y" way, clearly I didn't mean to sound like that. EDIT: What, you can't say c o c k y without *? :D

Öhm, Adam, it is the tiniest update to this day. You said it yourself: "This is only a minor update, as I had other business to attend to yesterday.", I read that. I read everything that is in the Developers Journal, from word to word, and again. In no way I tried to insult you, or the Journal/Blog, you just understood it wrong. Sorry about the confusing :/ And sorry about the sentence coming out that kinda "****y" way, clearly I didn't mean to sound like that. EDIT: What, you can't say c o c k y without *? :D

Archived