What does adam use?

I know that this is not a q&A forum, I am not looking to have this post answered. In a future developer jornals post i would love to hear about the technical side of adams developement cycle. we hear about the game, which don't get me wrong rocks. But i would love hear about the tools that adam is using. shout outs to those who are doing the pictures (if it is not adam), and to those doing the front end that adam refered to as coming along nicely earlier this week. As well, what type of machine does adam use to develope this game. What programing language. does he use any other software packages or suplements to help him out with all of this. I don't want a how-to guide to build my own TEW, just some of the nuts and bolts of what adam uses. As i find this kind of intresting. (does adam use the old computer in the basement, because it's good enough, or it take a dual, cual core set up with 16 gig of ram and 2 terabytes to put this bad boy together?

despite all of the above i would still love to see part of a developers journal entery based on the technicals side. I mean I am wierd i would love to seem he install a key counter, and mouse click counter, and tell us how many key stokes adam is going through and mouse clicks just to see how much work is involved. (i would understand why adam would not do this last part as i am sure someone would say well at 45 words per minuted, adam only did an hours worth of work today or maybe we would find out the oposite, that adam types at 200 words a min or works 35 hours a day :) )

despite all of the above i would still love to see part of a developers journal entery based on the technicals side. I mean I am wierd i would love to seem he install a key counter, and mouse click counter, and tell us how many key stokes adam is going through and mouse clicks just to see how much work is involved. (i would understand why adam would not do this last part as i am sure someone would say well at 45 words per minuted, adam only did an hours worth of work today or maybe we would find out the oposite, that adam types at 200 words a min or works 35 hours a day :) )

[QUOTE=mistaken;155408]despite all of the above i would still love to see part of a developers journal entery based on the technicals side. I mean I am wierd i would love to seem he install a key counter, and mouse click counter, and tell us how many key stokes adam is going through and mouse clicks just to see how much work is involved. (i would understand why adam would not do this last part as i am sure someone would say well at 45 words per minuted, adam only did an hours worth of work today or maybe we would find out the oposite, that adam types at 200 words a min or works 35 hours a day :) )[/QUOTE] I don't see Adam writing a technical blog, there are too many people already asking him how to program their own game. I program my own games and you can fit writing more code in an hour than you can strictly writing for an hour. I personally think its much better to DO what you think about doing, than writing blogs about what you're going to do or what you have done. I think Adam would be the same way, because he gets stuff done.

[QUOTE=mistaken;155408]despite all of the above i would still love to see part of a developers journal entery based on the technicals side. I mean I am wierd i would love to seem he install a key counter, and mouse click counter, and tell us how many key stokes adam is going through and mouse clicks just to see how much work is involved. (i would understand why adam would not do this last part as i am sure someone would say well at 45 words per minuted, adam only did an hours worth of work today or maybe we would find out the oposite, that adam types at 200 words a min or works 35 hours a day :) )[/QUOTE] I don't see Adam writing a technical blog, there are too many people already asking him how to program their own game. I program my own games and you can fit writing more code in an hour than you can strictly writing for an hour. I personally think its much better to DO what you think about doing, than writing blogs about what you're going to do or what you have done. I think Adam would be the same way, because he gets stuff done.

[quote=Destroyed;155520]I think EWR was written in Visual Basic. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure TEW is written in C++, which is a really complicated language to learn.[/quote] Actually, I think you're 100% accurate. Visual Basic isn't such a cake walk to learn either.

[quote=Destroyed;155520]I think EWR was written in Visual Basic. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure TEW is written in C++, which is a really complicated language to learn.[/quote] Actually, I think you're 100% accurate. Visual Basic isn't such a cake walk to learn either.

Guest Cyanide
I'll be honest, I did Visual Basic for 2.5 years and C++ for just over half a year and they aren't hard languages to learn, but they're hard to master, but considering that, it's all up to the person that learns them. I'd be interested in programming and originally was learning to be one, but all the extra baggage that came with it just bored me so I've settled for a career in retail. I made a few basic games and in relation to EWR, it wouldn't have been that hard to code, but it would have taken a bloody long time. TEW looks like a more C++ presentation and it looks very professional, a mile away from EWR.

Guest Cyanide
I'll be honest, I did Visual Basic for 2.5 years and C++ for just over half a year and they aren't hard languages to learn, but they're hard to master, but considering that, it's all up to the person that learns them. I'd be interested in programming and originally was learning to be one, but all the extra baggage that came with it just bored me so I've settled for a career in retail. I made a few basic games and in relation to EWR, it wouldn't have been that hard to code, but it would have taken a bloody long time. TEW looks like a more C++ presentation and it looks very professional, a mile away from EWR.

Archived