What's going to be the biggest game changer in 2007?

So I'm in the third week of my new job, everyone else in my department is on leave or ill, and I've run out of stuff to do (apart from the pile on my desk labelled "What the hell am I meant to do with that?"). So I thought that I'd abuse my Internet privledges and come here. The question is... what it says in the title. What one change do you think will have the most affect on how you play the game? Thinking back to 2005, the big change for me was Momentum. It really was game changing for me. All of a sudden you can't just pluck someone oout of he air who's been losing for 6 months to hold a title, as people just aren't going to care about him as much, regardless of how over he is. And you can't just make sure people have high overness by throwing them in matches with your stars, because either they'll lose (which while it could help overness, probably wont help momentum), or you end up affecting your atrs overness. It really makes it much more of a challenge to book a perfect PPV Main Event - where both men going in to it are on a crest of momentum. Meanwhile your perinnial jobbers may end up stuck in that role, as when they finally start to win they're still low on momentum. So, back to the question - what will have the same affect in 2007? If you play Japan, then the answers easy - the change to a Japanese culture will completely change how you play over there. But what about in the US? Is it going to be designing your own promotion? Fans barracking your new stars? Your indy star not being able to keep up with the demand of working three hardcore matches a week without getting injured? Prmising workers title wins? Personally I'm not sure - and guess I wont be till I play the game. But until then, what's wrong with a healthy bit of speculation? Kills a few hours....

Interesting topic to say the least. I for one have just two choices on this topic; Which is the biggest game changer in '07.. And it depends entirely on the style of the promotion I'm booking. So: If I play Hybrid/other match-based promotion, the new exhaust thing is going to be a thing to really have an eye on, because now you really have to think who to use, and how long for a certain match, if a worker is on just ppv-deal. But on the other hand, exclusive contracts are now much more handy than they used to be in '05. Looking forward on signing American Elemental :P More realistic, more challenging. And my second choice is the "Perfect Show Theory", if I play any SE/Hardcore promotion, I have to change the position of angles and matches in my cards now more accurately. It'll be interesting to see how all these new updates and addons work in the game. Can't wait. But here was my reply on this topic, interesting to see which updates other people will choose for the biggest game changer in '07 :)

Interesting topic to say the least. I for one have just two choices on this topic; Which is the biggest game changer in '07.. And it depends entirely on the style of the promotion I'm booking. So: If I play Hybrid/other match-based promotion, the new exhaust thing is going to be a thing to really have an eye on, because now you really have to think who to use, and how long for a certain match, if a worker is on just ppv-deal. But on the other hand, exclusive contracts are now much more handy than they used to be in '05. Looking forward on signing American Elemental :P More realistic, more challenging. And my second choice is the "Perfect Show Theory", if I play any SE/Hardcore promotion, I have to change the position of angles and matches in my cards now more accurately. It'll be interesting to see how all these new updates and addons work in the game. Can't wait. But here was my reply on this topic, interesting to see which updates other people will choose for the biggest game changer in '07 :)

For running smaller promotions, I think the internet thing is going to help out tremendously. Its going to be in small steps, but the overall effect is huge I believe... as it covers alot of places you don't even go to. For all promotions, I think the "Big Draw" mixed with "Short Term Contracting: will be a blessing, and alot more realistic. If you can get some big name to come to your event for a month or two, your loss in paying for their wages can be made up with the publicity (the extra exposure for having them) you get from having them on your roster, even if only short term. The new improvement/controll over promotions is going to be HUGE as well. You will be able to have over stocked rosters, or understocked, as different promotions like to have them differently. For historical and modern mod maker's, I think this is a dream come true to them! My biggest game breaker, no matter how long it will take to do it, is!!!!.... The being able to have workers come in the game at actual points in history when they did. I plan on running a game from before Hulk hogan days, till current, and having people like Bob Orton up to Randy Orton... From Jimmy "Superfly" Snuka, to Jimmy Snuka Jr!! I think the ability to add wrestlers to the game, automatically, is going to be the biggest game changer period.... The only thing I am concerned with in this feature, is the overness caps. It would be nice if you could pre-determine how low the cap can be for new workers... That way, if you start out before say Hulk Hogan, and you have him start on time, he is able to eventually get the overness he was able to get, if he is used correctly.

For running smaller promotions, I think the internet thing is going to help out tremendously. Its going to be in small steps, but the overall effect is huge I believe... as it covers alot of places you don't even go to. For all promotions, I think the "Big Draw" mixed with "Short Term Contracting: will be a blessing, and alot more realistic. If you can get some big name to come to your event for a month or two, your loss in paying for their wages can be made up with the publicity (the extra exposure for having them) you get from having them on your roster, even if only short term. The new improvement/controll over promotions is going to be HUGE as well. You will be able to have over stocked rosters, or understocked, as different promotions like to have them differently. For historical and modern mod maker's, I think this is a dream come true to them! My biggest game breaker, no matter how long it will take to do it, is!!!!.... The being able to have workers come in the game at actual points in history when they did. I plan on running a game from before Hulk hogan days, till current, and having people like Bob Orton up to Randy Orton... From Jimmy "Superfly" Snuka, to Jimmy Snuka Jr!! I think the ability to add wrestlers to the game, automatically, is going to be the biggest game changer period.... The only thing I am concerned with in this feature, is the overness caps. It would be nice if you could pre-determine how low the cap can be for new workers... That way, if you start out before say Hulk Hogan, and you have him start on time, he is able to eventually get the overness he was able to get, if he is used correctly.

I second the short term deal love. Now I can finally do two of the things I've really wanted to (have a tournament involving half homegrown stars and half outside stars, and also have guys come in for one shots to help establish my champion) without having to have them on my roster for at least 6-9 months.

I second the short term deal love. Now I can finally do two of the things I've really wanted to (have a tournament involving half homegrown stars and half outside stars, and also have guys come in for one shots to help establish my champion) without having to have them on my roster for at least 6-9 months.

Has to be the wrestler creation tools. HAS TO BE. I mean, i create everything except the gimicks and move sets from scratch. and 6 good wrestlers can take an hour or more. + feds relations and everything else i average about 3 hours of work for 6 wrestlers and i have 160 wreslters so.... way to much time in the editor.

Has to be the wrestler creation tools. HAS TO BE. I mean, i create everything except the gimicks and move sets from scratch. and 6 good wrestlers can take an hour or more. + feds relations and everything else i average about 3 hours of work for 6 wrestlers and i have 160 wreslters so.... way to much time in the editor.

The biggest change for me will be the Perfect Show Theory. I find myself always booking my shows like that and then I have to re-arrange everything because I'll notice that a women's match is after a pretty big match involving someone like Triple H. So to be able to book like I already do without having to change things at the end will be nice. I also have to mention the ability to add and edit relationships during the game. This'll save a lot of headaches and help keep the game world real if you're doing a real world sim (or the way you want if you're playing your own fantasy world).

The biggest change for me will be the Perfect Show Theory. I find myself always booking my shows like that and then I have to re-arrange everything because I'll notice that a women's match is after a pretty big match involving someone like Triple H. So to be able to book like I already do without having to change things at the end will be nice. I also have to mention the ability to add and edit relationships during the game. This'll save a lot of headaches and help keep the game world real if you're doing a real world sim (or the way you want if you're playing your own fantasy world).

As I will be starting out with a small promotion, I think a significant addition to my games will be the added effect of bringing in "legends" or just more over workers than your own guys for one shot deals to bring in more fans to a show. I expect it will be a challenge to fit them in without hurting your own talent and taking into consideration the "perfect show theory". I'm also really looking forward to the promotion style creator.

As I will be starting out with a small promotion, I think a significant addition to my games will be the added effect of bringing in "legends" or just more over workers than your own guys for one shot deals to bring in more fans to a show. I expect it will be a challenge to fit them in without hurting your own talent and taking into consideration the "perfect show theory". I'm also really looking forward to the promotion style creator.

I looking forward to the new contract types the most, with promotion style coming in a close 2nd. I like the the short term contracts just so I can use wrestlers a few times without having to put a long contract on them or have to fire them. The loan contract is also very good. For those of you that have followed the journal really close, you can probably say this is a great addition to the game, hands down.

I looking forward to the new contract types the most, with promotion style coming in a close 2nd. I like the the short term contracts just so I can use wrestlers a few times without having to put a long contract on them or have to fire them. The loan contract is also very good. For those of you that have followed the journal really close, you can probably say this is a great addition to the game, hands down.

I forsee the Product feature being the biggest game changer. I forsee lots of posts on the forum asking about how to get the promotion style just right. I can see it now, TCP will make a post about one of mods, and in a matter of hours it'll get filled with page after page after page of arguements between people talking about what each promotion's product should be ("TNA has no Comedy Entertainment!", "Yes it does!", "No it doesn't!"). Unless the whole Product system is more straight-forward than I'm thinking, I know for a fact that I'll be spending hours trying to get the Product settings just right. Oh yes, I will probably be spending a great deal of my time doing various tests to see how to make my created promotion just right for me.

I forsee the Product feature being the biggest game changer. I forsee lots of posts on the forum asking about how to get the promotion style just right. I can see it now, TCP will make a post about one of mods, and in a matter of hours it'll get filled with page after page after page of arguements between people talking about what each promotion's product should be ("TNA has no Comedy Entertainment!", "Yes it does!", "No it doesn't!"). Unless the whole Product system is more straight-forward than I'm thinking, I know for a fact that I'll be spending hours trying to get the Product settings just right. Oh yes, I will probably be spending a great deal of my time doing various tests to see how to make my created promotion just right for me.

The new Product feature will certainly be the biggest game changer for me. Finally, I'll be able to make my promotion exactly what I want it to be! I had to settle on Hybrid in TEW 2005, and while that was pretty much what I was looking for, it would have been nice to be able to use a few more interviews and maybe, just maybe, an angle or two. I also like the new title lineage feature. I don't know how much of a game changer it'll be for me, but it'll definitely be nice to add a litte history to my promotion and the game world. :cool:

The new Product feature will certainly be the biggest game changer for me. Finally, I'll be able to make my promotion exactly what I want it to be! I had to settle on Hybrid in TEW 2005, and while that was pretty much what I was looking for, it would have been nice to be able to use a few more interviews and maybe, just maybe, an angle or two. I also like the new title lineage feature. I don't know how much of a game changer it'll be for me, but it'll definitely be nice to add a litte history to my promotion and the game world. :cool:

Promotion Styles, that is simply ingenious... Also the future workers/promotions will be a much bigger deal than everyone realizes. I don't play D.O.T.T., but everything I've heard about it is good so if/when they release a real world mod for TEW2007 I'll get it and team it up with the autoclicker, probably sim until about 1997 and start a game as ECW (If they make it that far!).

Promotion Styles, that is simply ingenious... Also the future workers/promotions will be a much bigger deal than everyone realizes. I don't play D.O.T.T., but everything I've heard about it is good so if/when they release a real world mod for TEW2007 I'll get it and team it up with the autoclicker, probably sim until about 1997 and start a game as ECW (If they make it that far!).

Archived