Prowrestlinggames.com Interview with Adam Ryland

I'm not too sure if this has been posted before, but I haven't seen it anywhere so I figured I'd post it here. ProWrestlingGames.com did an interview with Adam Ryland. It's a good read. [URL="http://www.prowrestlinggames.com/pwg.php?id=http://www.prowrestlinggames.com/post/viewnews.cgi?id=EEykykyEklLNMlAJLZ"]http://www.prowrestlinggames.com/pwg.php?id=http://www.prowrestlinggames.com/post/viewnews.cgi?id=EEykykyEklLNMlAJLZ[/URL]

Not meaning to be overly rude, but the interview really was drivel. Or being very kind, at least certain questions should have been researched further... "PWG: There was a rumour that when WCW was going out of business they would use your game to set up matches and see how they’d turn out? Have you heard this rumour or similar and is there any truth to it?" - [B]this was a joke. Wasn't it?[/B] "PWG: Have you ever considered attaching your system to a ‘controller playable’ game like Smackdown?" - [B]Oh, dear me. See above.[/B] "PWG: Did McMahon’s stranglehold of the industry restrict you in anyway when creating the games?" - [B]no the game comes with an original database and there are issues with implying that the game producers support updates with potential copyright issues. Excellent research.[/B] "PWG: During the 80’s with so many territories around, do you think the game would have been bigger in terms of scope?" - [B]If only the PC had been invented 20 years earlier.[/B]

Not meaning to be overly rude, but the interview really was drivel. Or being very kind, at least certain questions should have been researched further... "PWG: There was a rumour that when WCW was going out of business they would use your game to set up matches and see how they’d turn out? Have you heard this rumour or similar and is there any truth to it?" - [B]this was a joke. Wasn't it?[/B] "PWG: Have you ever considered attaching your system to a ‘controller playable’ game like Smackdown?" - [B]Oh, dear me. See above.[/B] "PWG: Did McMahon’s stranglehold of the industry restrict you in anyway when creating the games?" - [B]no the game comes with an original database and there are issues with implying that the game producers support updates with potential copyright issues. Excellent research.[/B] "PWG: During the 80’s with so many territories around, do you think the game would have been bigger in terms of scope?" - [B]If only the PC had been invented 20 years earlier.[/B]

A bit harsh don't you think? [QUOTE=teakle;158692]"PWG: There was a rumour that when WCW was going out of business they would use your game to set up matches and see how they’d turn out? Have you heard this rumour or similar and is there any truth to it?" - [B]this was a joke. Wasn't it?[/B][/quote] Might not be as far fetched as you might think, didn't some WWE wrestlers used to play EWR? If they played it then why wouldn't the bookers? Who knows eh. [quote]"PWG: Have you ever considered attaching your system to a ‘controller playable’ game like Smackdown?" - [B]Oh, dear me. See above.[/B][/quote] A logical question considering that most games today are of a controllable nature. [quote]"PWG: Did McMahon’s stranglehold of the industry restrict you in anyway when creating the games?" - [B]no the game comes with an original database and there are issues with implying that the game producers support updates with potential copyright issues. Excellent research.[/B][/quote] Another logical question. People reading the interview unfamiliar with TEW might get the impression that the game was all about WWE considering that most wrestling these days are.

A bit harsh don't you think? [QUOTE=teakle;158692]"PWG: There was a rumour that when WCW was going out of business they would use your game to set up matches and see how they’d turn out? Have you heard this rumour or similar and is there any truth to it?" - [B]this was a joke. Wasn't it?[/B][/quote] Might not be as far fetched as you might think, didn't some WWE wrestlers used to play EWR? If they played it then why wouldn't the bookers? Who knows eh. [quote]"PWG: Have you ever considered attaching your system to a ‘controller playable’ game like Smackdown?" - [B]Oh, dear me. See above.[/B][/quote] A logical question considering that most games today are of a controllable nature. [quote]"PWG: Did McMahon’s stranglehold of the industry restrict you in anyway when creating the games?" - [B]no the game comes with an original database and there are issues with implying that the game producers support updates with potential copyright issues. Excellent research.[/B][/quote] Another logical question. People reading the interview unfamiliar with TEW might get the impression that the game was all about WWE considering that most wrestling these days are.

[QUOTE]"PWG: There was a rumour that when WCW was going out of business they would use your game to set up matches and see how they’d turn out? Have you heard this rumour or similar and is there any truth to it?" - this was a joke. Wasn't it?[/QUOTE] I'd never heard of that rumour, and although it is almost definately not true, it's interesting to hear about it. [QUOTE]"PWG: Did McMahon’s stranglehold of the industry restrict you in anyway when creating the games?" - no the game comes with an original database and there are issues with implying that the game producers support updates with potential copyright issues. Excellent research.[/QUOTE] You and I know that, but his readers might not. [QUOTE]"PWG: During the 80’s with so many territories around, do you think the game would have been bigger in terms of scope?" - If only the PC had been invented 20 years earlier.[/QUOTE] He was talking [B]hypothetically[/B].

[QUOTE]"PWG: There was a rumour that when WCW was going out of business they would use your game to set up matches and see how they’d turn out? Have you heard this rumour or similar and is there any truth to it?" - this was a joke. Wasn't it?[/QUOTE] I'd never heard of that rumour, and although it is almost definately not true, it's interesting to hear about it. [QUOTE]"PWG: Did McMahon’s stranglehold of the industry restrict you in anyway when creating the games?" - no the game comes with an original database and there are issues with implying that the game producers support updates with potential copyright issues. Excellent research.[/QUOTE] You and I know that, but his readers might not. [QUOTE]"PWG: During the 80’s with so many territories around, do you think the game would have been bigger in terms of scope?" - If only the PC had been invented 20 years earlier.[/QUOTE] He was talking [B]hypothetically[/B].

[QUOTE=teakle;158692]Not meaning to be overly rude, but the interview really was drivel. Or being very kind, at least certain questions should have been researched further... "PWG: There was a rumour that when WCW was going out of business they would use your game to set up matches and see how they’d turn out? Have you heard this rumour or similar and is there any truth to it?" - [B]this was a joke. Wasn't it?[/B] "PWG: Have you ever considered attaching your system to a ‘controller playable’ game like Smackdown?" - [B]Oh, dear me. See above.[/B] "PWG: Did McMahon’s stranglehold of the industry restrict you in anyway when creating the games?" - [B]no the game comes with an original database and there are issues with implying that the game producers support updates with potential copyright issues. Excellent research.[/B] "PWG: During the 80’s with so many territories around, do you think the game would have been bigger in terms of scope?" - [B]If only the PC had been invented 20 years earlier.[/B][/QUOTE] I salute you for being cynical and negative :D

[QUOTE=teakle;158692]Not meaning to be overly rude, but the interview really was drivel. Or being very kind, at least certain questions should have been researched further... "PWG: There was a rumour that when WCW was going out of business they would use your game to set up matches and see how they’d turn out? Have you heard this rumour or similar and is there any truth to it?" - [B]this was a joke. Wasn't it?[/B] "PWG: Have you ever considered attaching your system to a ‘controller playable’ game like Smackdown?" - [B]Oh, dear me. See above.[/B] "PWG: Did McMahon’s stranglehold of the industry restrict you in anyway when creating the games?" - [B]no the game comes with an original database and there are issues with implying that the game producers support updates with potential copyright issues. Excellent research.[/B] "PWG: During the 80’s with so many territories around, do you think the game would have been bigger in terms of scope?" - [B]If only the PC had been invented 20 years earlier.[/B][/QUOTE] I salute you for being cynical and negative :D

Teakle was a tad overly harsh, but they had a point in that some of those questions were kinda...unnecessary, bordering on stupid. A lot of the questions did lead to enlightening answers from Adam, but to say I didn't think to myself "That was kind of a stupid question." while reading some of them would be a lie. Was still a fun read and I'm glad the link was provided.

Teakle was a tad overly harsh, but they had a point in that some of those questions were kinda...unnecessary, bordering on stupid. A lot of the questions did lead to enlightening answers from Adam, but to say I didn't think to myself "That was kind of a stupid question." while reading some of them would be a lie. Was still a fun read and I'm glad the link was provided.

[QUOTE=teakle;158692]"PWG: Have you ever considered attaching your system to a ‘controller playable’ game like Smackdown?" - [B]Oh, dear me. See above.[/B][/QUOTE] I think what the interviewer was asking is if Adam (or GDS I guess) would ever join his TEW system onto a game where you actually wrestled in 3d and such. Like say if TNA wanted a feature to contend with SvR's GM Mode would Adam bring his system to their game. Or make his own classic style wrestling game with his TEW system included.

[QUOTE=teakle;158692]"PWG: Have you ever considered attaching your system to a ‘controller playable’ game like Smackdown?" - [B]Oh, dear me. See above.[/B][/QUOTE] I think what the interviewer was asking is if Adam (or GDS I guess) would ever join his TEW system onto a game where you actually wrestled in 3d and such. Like say if TNA wanted a feature to contend with SvR's GM Mode would Adam bring his system to their game. Or make his own classic style wrestling game with his TEW system included.

[QUOTE=Undertaker666;158700] Another logical question. People reading the interview unfamiliar with TEW might get the impression that the game was all about WWE considering that most wrestling these days are.[/QUOTE] No, he was right, it was a stupid question, the guy clearly didn't do any research beyond 'it's a wrestling game where you run the company.'

[QUOTE=Undertaker666;158700] Another logical question. People reading the interview unfamiliar with TEW might get the impression that the game was all about WWE considering that most wrestling these days are.[/QUOTE] No, he was right, it was a stupid question, the guy clearly didn't do any research beyond 'it's a wrestling game where you run the company.'

Archived