face maker or the like...?

[QUOTE=juggaloninjalee;166742]Hey Monitor what do you use to get your PS2 console to show on your PC for screen shots? I've been wondering this for a long time and I want to try what you do. Also do you have a link to any of your screen shots of faces?[/QUOTE] "I second that Emotion". Curious what your using for this.

[QUOTE=juggaloninjalee;166742]Hey Monitor what do you use to get your PS2 console to show on your PC for screen shots? I've been wondering this for a long time and I want to try what you do. Also do you have a link to any of your screen shots of faces?[/QUOTE] I'm currently using a Plextor Convertex device. It ran around $100 when I bought it a year ago. I've also used a Dazzle Digital Video device before that I picked up from a Wal-Mart for under $40 back in 2001. It has a USB connection, so it was really simple to set up. I then use software lke Virtual Dub to capture as a movie, then use Photoshop to edit any screen shots I've grabbed. I don't really have any face pictures up on the web anywhere, but I'll try to grab a few today and get them on the web somewhere. Edited to add: Oh...and I changed my mind, after going in and looking at some faces again. All Star Pro Wrestling 3 is alright, but it doesn't look as nice. You can make some nice looking heads in Smackdown vs Raw 07, or 06....checking it out again...DoR 2 probably makes the best, since you can do some lighting tricks and change facial expressions. It's also easy to just grab the photo it has you snap. Crop it out of the picture, resize to 100x100 and you're set. Here is one of just one of the sample characters in SvR 07. [IMG]http://img219.imageshack.us/my.php?image=svr071gw4.jpg[/IMG]

I'd also assume that screencapping (did I just invent a word? I can never tell) SvR 07 is a good place to get something else that we need pics of-- original belts. Especially now (IMO) that they have the spinners, and [I]most[/I] especially because they can't [I]possibly[/I] actually spin in a static photo, so you can take it as just an artistic decision rather than a 'disgrace to our sport' (like some people tend to call the current WWE Championship). Now all I have to do is find a decent converter for my sisters' laptop (her husband recently bought a 360, which I'd assume gets better caps than the PS2 version that I'll be getting shortly before or after Adam and Co. release their masterpiece ... I dunno, though, maybe I'd be better off just swip-er, [I]borrowing[/I] their system and bringing it to my place. For a bit. Yeah, that's the ticket).

Archived