The GDS 'Best Movie EVER' Nominations

TCP1

Hi all, Following on from Panix's decision to run a best song ever tourney, I'd make one for movies, which I love even more. Same premise as Panix, list your fav movies and we'll have a monster tournament to decide the favourite movie on GDS boards. Nominatinos are open for 24 hours, so don't miss your chance. It's individual films, not franchises. Here are my entries: LotR Fellowship of the Ring LotR Two Towers LotR Return of the King Star Wars A New Hope Star Wars Empire Strikes Back Star Wars Return of the Jedi Star Wars Phantom Menace Star Wars Attack of the Clones Star Wars Revenge of the Sith Shawshank Redemption Casablanca Harvey Some Like it Hot Gladiator Brokeback Mountain Crash (Oscar winner, not Cronenberg) Transformers: The Movie Goodfellas Godfather On the Waterfront Double Indemnity Fight Club Serenity Apocalypse Now Citizen Kane Old School Anchorman Borat: Cultural Learnings of America for Make Benefit Glorious Nation of Kazakhstan Gone with the Wind The Big Sleep Schindler's List Indiana Jones: Temple of Doom Raiders of the Lost Ark Indiana Jones: Last Crusade Nightwatch Matrix Finding Nemo The Incredibles Toy Story Toy Story 2 Back to the Future Back to the Future 2 Back to the Future 3 Pulp Fiction Resevoir Dogs City of God 12 Angry Men Se7en Monty Python: Life of Brian Monty Python: Holy Grail Alien Aliens Predator Sin City Saving Private Ryan Touch of Evil Cool Hand Luke Stand by Me Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid Planes, Trains and Automobiles Uncle Buck Pirates of the Caribbean Blimey, I like quite a few movies. Everyone else join in.

independance day - cheeseiness at its best American History X Donnie Darko Clerks Jay and silent bob strike back chasing amy dogma jersey girl west side story the usual suspects snatch lock, stock and two smoking barrels bruce almighty the green mile forest gump the exorcist will add any more if i think of them - its nice to inspire forum fun!

[QUOTE=TCP1;166481]Hi all, LotR Fellowship of the Ring LotR Two Towers LotR Return of the King Star Wars A New Hope Star Wars Empire Strikes Back Star Wars Return of the Jedi Shawshank Redemption Casablanca Gladiator Transformers: The Movie Goodfellas Fight Club Serenity Apocalypse Now Anchorman The Incredibles Back to the Future Pulp Fiction Resevoir Dogs Se7en Monty Python: Life of Brian Monty Python: Holy Grail Sin City Stand by Me Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid Planes, Trains and Automobiles Uncle Buck Pirates of the Caribbean [/QUOTE] and I'll add... Clerks The Princess Bride Lock Stock and Two Smoking Barrels Snatch Little Big Man

It's a wonderful life Italian Job (Original) Usual Suspects MST3k :The Movie. (The best movie in the world if your drunk whilst watching) Negotiator Goonies Hero Shindler's List Final Fantasy (In terms of pushing technology) ET Kelly's Heroes Saving Private Ryan Terminator 2 (Best of the series) Saw Phycho Mullholland Drive Life of Brian Great Escape Donnie Darko Elephant Die Hard Big Fish Lost in Translation Last Samurai Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon Ong Bak Clerks Im sure im forgetting some

i thought the interplay between samuel L Jackson and Bruce Willis was great - but i love Mr Jackson anyway, you can watch all of his films in a row and still get drawn in, he's a great character actor. Whilst were at it: Sixth sense the last boyscout bulletproof happy gilmour billy madison big daddy

Most of my favourites are in there already, but no Godfather 2? And while we're at it: Dodgeball Raging Bull Spider-Man Spider-Man 2 Airplane Naked Gun Snakes on a Plane (Not really, but...) Some Like It Hot (Worth repeating :p) Serenity (Ditto) Meet The Parents Shrek Shrek 2 Wedding Crashers 40 Year Old Virgin Finding Neverland Ghostbusters Ferris Bueller's Day Off Blazing Saddles Manhattan Annie Hall Kung Fu Hustle Goldfinger The Spy Who Loved Me License To Kill Living Daylights Shaun of the Dead Dawn of the Dead Heat Titanic (joke!) Groundhog Day This Is Spinal Tap Austin Powers Goldmember (note that the second movie is missing - this is deliberate...) That ought to do to be going on with...

Can't be bothered to check if these have already been mentioned or not so here goes: Terminator (the first is still the best) Predator Gremlins Leon Goodfellas Blood Sport A Nightmare on Elm Street Halloween Alien (the original and the best) Bubba Ho-Tep ([B]highly[/B] recommended to anyone who likes Bruce Campbell/Elvis! :D) Ghost Dog: Way of the Samurai Cujo Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas Saw The Crow Star Wars episode IV Star Wars episode V Star Wars episode VI Pump up the Volume Heathers Scream The Omen The Omen 2 The Omen 3 Coming to America Conan The Barbarian Up Pompei Pulp Fiction Reservoir Dogs Ghostbusters Once Upon a Time in America Jaws The Lost Boys After Dark Seven True Romance Stigmata Natural Born Killers A Bronx Tale Donnie Darko Night on Earth The Descent Rocky Rocky III Rocky IV Critters The Goonies The Thing Withnail & I Tough Guys Highlander Childs Play Mean Streets Blade Runner Monty Python's Holy Grail The Shining Smokey and the Bandit Jurassic Park (sat with my mouth wide open the first time I saw the dinosaurs)

Pirates Of The Caribbean 2: Dead Mans Chest I know you hate it TCP, but I have to nominate it. [QUOTE=Undertaker666;166538] Bubba Ho-Tep ([B]highly[/B] recommended to anyone who likes Bruce Campbell/Elvis! :D)[/QUOTE] Bubba Ho-Tep was possibly the strangest movie I have ever seen. It seemed like some guys acid trip. Although I will admit it was an interesting concept.

[QUOTE=weirdo_man;166558]Um, it's so retarded to have someone submit 50 best movies ever. I got here and all of my favorites are taken. It's retarded to let everyone submit as many as they want.[/QUOTE] Just post whatever movies you want. Some (like Clerks) has been nominated like 3 or 4 times. I'm sure TCP will organize it all.

[QUOTE=Rocland;166550]Bubba Ho-Tep was possibly the strangest movie I have ever seen. It seemed like some guys acid trip. Although I will admit it was an interesting concept.[/QUOTE] Believe me, there are far stranger films out there than Bubba Ho-Tep! I think it's a great film, how could anyone not like Bruce Campbell as Elvis in a retirement home facing off against an ancient Egyptian mummy?! :D

[QUOTE=Undertaker666;166566]Believe me, there are far stranger films out there than Bubba Ho-Tep! I think it's a great film, how could anyone not like Bruce Campbell as Elvis in a retirement home facing off against an ancient Egyptian mummy?! :D[/QUOTE] That doesn't sound like some guys hallucination to you? Don't forget about JFK. He's in the retirement home with Elvis too. It's definitely a movie to check out for those who haven't seen it.

[QUOTE=Rocland;166567]That doesn't sound like some guys hallucination to you? Don't forget about JFK. He's in the retirement home with Elvis too. It's definitely a movie to check out for those who haven't seen it.[/QUOTE] JFK in the film is great too, claiming that the CIA painted him black as a disguise and put a bag of sand in his head! :D You should watch Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas or Naked Lunch, then you'll see how normal Bubba Ho-Tep really is. ;)

[QUOTE=Rocland;166570]I've never seen Fear and Loathing or Naked Lunch. I will have to check them out. Is Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas the one with Johnny Depp and all the drugs? And I don't think I've ever heard of Naked Lunch.[/QUOTE] Fear and Loathing is the one with Johnny Depp and all the drugs, it's based on the book Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas by the late great Hunter S. Thompson. Naked Lunch is based on the book of the same name by William Burroughs, weird wouldn't even begin to sum it up! :eek: Two other strange films spring to mind, Brazil and Pervirella.

I’m not sure if these have been nominated but here are some of my favorites: The Lady Eve Palm Beach Story Fight Club Metropolis Nosferatu Battleship Potemkin The Cabinet of Dr. Caligilari Amelie Delicatessen Infernal Affairs Cinema Paradiso Seven Samurai Ran Yojimbo Roshomon {seriously anything by Kurosawa has to be considered} Star Wars: Empire Strikes Back Star Wars: A New Hope Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Atom Bomb Goodfellas Leon {aka: The Professional} Maltese Falcon Casablanca Citizen Kane The Third Man Kill Bill 1 Kill Bill 2 The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly Fistful of Dollars For a Few Dollars More Unforgiven Dawn of the Dead Halloween The Thing The Battle of Algiers The Big Lebowski 12 Monkeys {sorry, couldn’t help but slip that one in even though it’s not without its problems} Young Frankenstein A Streetcar Named Desire On The Waterfront Amorres Perros The Sea Inside Whale Rider Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon Princess Mononoke Spirited Away Army of Darkness Evil Dead 2 Rocky The 5th Element I’ll just stop here because I can go on and on and on with this topic Ok I lied but I had to add some Kung Fu Movies because I’m not sure they’ll be represented here The Fist of the White Lotus Legend of the Flying Guillotine The Mystery of Chessboxing The Five Deadly Venoms Five Fingers of Death Enter the Dragon The Chinese Connection The Big Boss Legend of the Liquid Sword Master Killer Enter the 36th Chamber of Shaolin Once Upon a Time in China Drunken Master Drunken Master II {which is better than Drunken Master, imo}

[QUOTE=weirdo_man;166558]Um, it's so retarded to have someone submit 50 best movies ever. I got here and all of my favorites are taken. It's retarded to let everyone submit as many as they want.[/QUOTE] Why? If the films you want to submit are already in there, it saves you posting and you can just vote when the knockout stage happens. Also, with the music one, people did not nominate that many and so some great songs were missing. I reckon with this many nominations, every film gets an even chance. So stop whinging and just look out for the knock-out round!

Yay - Nightwatch and Bubba Ho-Tep got a mention! Anyway, I'll add a few that I haven't seen on the list - but I didn't check it out thoroughly, so apologies for the repeats: Oldboy Last of the Mohicans Dr Strangelove Dark Crystal Dark City Infernal Affairs 1 & 2 (yet to see 3, or The Departed) The Fifth Element Memento The Usual Suspects Dogma... ...Right, I'm going to stop before I decide to have an all night DVD session.

Archived