Help me choose a mod to make...

Okay. As it stands right now, I'm thinking of putting a lot of the free time I have towards a TEW '07 mod. I've said elsewhere, in other threads on the forum, that I was planning on doing a video game mod, but that might change because of another nifty idea I've had but have yet to go through on. Since I can't seem to create a poll, I'll just leave it to you guys to post your opinions on the subject. CONSOLE WARS Starting in the year 1990 and going forward from there, Console Wars would simulate the video game industry up to the modern day. Video game companies would replace wrestling promotions, but the basic "skeleton" of a wrestling promotion, with standard angles and title belts, would remain. This mod would only simulate the US game industry, and new workers would come along at the same time as the US release date of their first games. UNTITLED COMIC BOOK MOD The year is 1986, and superheroes rule the airwaves. Each major city has its own promotion, and as "promoter" you would run storylines based around the goings-on within the city limits. The game's scope would be stretched quite a bit, and would be based along comic book storylines and traditions rather than those of professional wrestling. There's a possibility I'd open this up to Japan and get a few anime franchises involved as well, but that may instead wait for a later version. The only problem I have with doing this mod, which I think would turn out even better than Console Wars, is that I can't think of a decent thing to do with title belts. Any thoughts on that would be greatly appreciated. While I really would prefer doing the comic book mod, I don't want to do anything that wouldn't get played or downloaded. So, guys and gals: which would you actually be willing to play? Any suggestions?

[QUOTE=panix04;166860]i was going to have a superhero section as part of my sci-fi mod, would you be interested in doing a superhero fed as part of my mod? It could be as in-depth as you want.[/QUOTE] How's that coming by the way bud... I am still looking forward to your mod as well as TCP's... Durn, I will have 3 or 4 going at one time :eek:

I've made a decision to go ahead with the superhero mod. I can't wait to be able to report back with more stuff, but right now I'm working on the Flash "family" of heroes. Dead characters will be included, since coming back is such an awfully big part of comic storylines anyway. A trip to the in-game editor and you can have Barry Allen go from dead free agent to living Justice Leaguer in no time. :) [QUOTE=interknight81;168291]I wouild definitely support a superhero mod, and as for title belts, how about key items in that city or universe (For example, Green Lantern's power ring, or Doctor Strange's Eye of Agamotto?)[/QUOTE] Excellent idea. I'll see what I can do with it. Also, I'm mostly basing promotions around anthology books, team books and books with a very long lineage in comics. Current promotions are Action Comics and Detective Comics, and the New Promotions list includes Force Works and Sin City. (Keep in mind that this mod starts in 1986. Most of these teams will come along at the appropriate times, but some may be left random.)

[QUOTE=shamelessposer;168351]I've made a decision to go ahead with the superhero mod. I can't wait to be able to report back with more stuff, but right now I'm working on the Flash "family" of heroes. Dead characters will be included, since coming back is such an awfully big part of comic storylines anyway. A trip to the in-game editor and you can have Barry Allen go from dead free agent to living Justice Leaguer in no time. :) Excellent idea. I'll see what I can do with it. Also, I'm mostly basing promotions around anthology books, team books and books with a very long lineage in comics. Current promotions are Action Comics and Detective Comics, and the New Promotions list includes Force Works and Sin City. (Keep in mind that this mod starts in 1986. Most of these teams will come along at the appropriate times, but some may be left random.)[/QUOTE] I definetly support the idea of this mod, I had thought about doing it for myself at one time!!! Just so you know you do have an audience for it.

[QUOTE=Johnny Fenoli;168392]Who else announced they where doing a superhero mod?[/QUOTE] Nobody. I just meant that superheros is one of them things that has so many fans, I don't think he'll be the only one wanting to do a mod on the topic. I'm pretty sure that I've seen these things in past games, whereas I haven't seen the Console Wars idea done before.

Archived