T-Zone 2007

[QUOTE=HugeRockStar760;188083] I'm still laughing at you thinking Christopher Daniels would ever leave TNA to be a jobber cruiserweight for the WWE.[/QUOTE] Just wanted to put my two cents in here. I was at a sit down meet and greet with Daniels and he said he would not rule out ever going to the WWE. He said that RIGHT NOW they are not into what he can offer and he has heard that the backstage atmosphere is terrible. He did say that to never say never. People said Kurt Angle showing up in TNA was NEVER GOING TO HAPPEN. NO WAY, NO HOW. But holy crap he just had three fantastic matches with Samoa Joe. I have been a big supporter of the term, "Never Say Never". Anly 6 or 7 years ago, everyone on these boards would have said that the WWE would NEVER own WCW. Holy crap Booker T was the WWE Champion a few months back. ANYTHING can happen in the world of pro-wrestling. Would I like to see Samoa Joe or AJ jump to the WWE, Hell NO! Can it happen in the future, well, to put it shortly, yes.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[QUOTE=The Stallion;188604]Just wanted to put my two cents in here. I was at a sit down meet and greet with Daniels and he said he would not rule out ever going to the WWE. He said that RIGHT NOW they are not into what he can offer and he has heard that the backstage atmosphere is terrible. He did say that to never say never. People said Kurt Angle showing up in TNA was NEVER GOING TO HAPPEN. NO WAY, NO HOW. But holy crap he just had three fantastic matches with Samoa Joe. I have been a big supporter of the term, "Never Say Never". Anly 6 or 7 years ago, everyone on these boards would have said that the WWE would NEVER own WCW. Holy crap Booker T was the WWE Champion a few months back. ANYTHING can happen in the world of pro-wrestling. Would I like to see Samoa Joe or AJ jump to the WWE, Hell NO! Can it happen in the future, well, to put it shortly, yes.[/QUOTE] I totally agree. There is many a humble pie sitting on the shelf waiting to be eaten by people who claimed that something would "never" happen in wrestling. Hogan in WCW? Bischoff on RAW? Goldberg in WWF? Angle in TNA? Flair in WWF? The list goes on and on. Unless your Marty McFly or Dr Who then the golden rule of "Never say never" should always be observed! :)

[QUOTE=forlan;188609]When i tried war it was worse, WWE signed half of TNA's stars away just to be bastards haha[/QUOTE] I would play with Vince's bussiness more. Roster Size - Biggest Pacts - Isolated Patience - medium to high (forget his character) Roster Turnover - Low Finance - Flashy Hiring Style - Bias Look Firing Style - With Heart (maybe change to potential if it goes backwards) Title Changes - Normal Try that one there, or not.... He said himself that the bussiness is his family though, and I think he has alot more heart then anyone ever gives him. Alot of wrestler's have problems with him because he didn't let them do what they Wanted to do. But honestly, he gets connected. Try doing heart, and give realistic (you probably do anyways) years of service. I think he will be less likely to steal TNA. Also, don't have an AT war with TNA. They aren't at war... If they were what you seen the AI do would probably have happened. If you used anything, I would have a "Non Aggressive" pact with them. I know most will dissagree, but try it and see is all I can tell you. I found it worked out for some of the data I transfered from 2005.

Well... I went to a party for the night and left Auto Clicker on and THOUGHT I had shut my messengers down. I get home and expect it to be in 2010 and I got a bunch of messeges so the damn arrow was covered up roughly around midnight last night so it stopped 5 months in. But what I can tell you is that no matter what I do, the WWE cannot put on good enough shows to stay above Cult level. I dunno, it might be because the game is now more difficult in getting top rated matches, but it doesn't seem as though the AI is capable of keeping a Global or International promotion afloat in the beginning, but I dunno if that's because of worker stats or something else. Right now WWE has managed to get back to Global just barely with B- overness in the US due to a mega push of Rene Dupree against Undertaker. Cena, HBK and a few others have jumped ship to Japan due to not wanting to work for the WWE anymore. Note for forlan: Setting the TNA workers to "Loyal to TNA" does infact keep them from jumping ship to the WWE. I dunno if it'll still work over the years but it does keep the WWE from stealing them all right off. I set the top stars like Angle, Rhino, Daniels, AJ, Cage, and others like Shelley, Senshi, and LAX to Loyal as well and they're all still in the company. Some have left for WWE, others have headed for Japan but the Loyal factor seems to be the only way to keep the WWE from raiding the roster right off the bat. I think due to the problems I'm gonna restart the game again and tweak some more stuff and see where that gets me. I'll try going through some of the stats of the WWE workers and see if I can't get some of the workers to mesh a lil more and see if the shows can't improve. I know in real life the WWE shows aren't all that much to watch these days except for Smackdown... but within one year RAW and Smackdown lose their TV slots as does Imapct, so I'll see if I can't figure something out. EDIT OF DOOM: Forlan, I dunno if this would work but if it does, would you want me to send you the tweaked data if I have if what I configure works so you can look at it and see what I did? EDIT OF DOOM 2: Okay I figured out why Lawler always gets canned; his announcing was set to 0. lol

[QUOTE=Ransik;188656]Well... I went to a party for the night and left Auto Clicker on and THOUGHT I had shut my messengers down. I get home and expect it to be in 2010 and I got a bunch of messeges so the damn arrow was covered up roughly around midnight last night so it stopped 5 months in. But what I can tell you is that no matter what I do, the WWE cannot put on good enough shows to stay above Cult level. I dunno, it might be because the game is now more difficult in getting top rated matches, but it doesn't seem as though the AI is capable of keeping a Global or International promotion afloat in the beginning, but I dunno if that's because of worker stats or something else. Right now WWE has managed to get back to Global just barely with B- overness in the US due to a mega push of Rene Dupree against Undertaker. Cena, HBK and a few others have jumped ship to Japan due to not wanting to work for the WWE anymore. Note for forlan: Setting the TNA workers to "Loyal to TNA" does infact keep them from jumping ship to the WWE. I dunno if it'll still work over the years but it does keep the WWE from stealing them all right off. I set the top stars like Angle, Rhino, Daniels, AJ, Cage, and others like Shelley, Senshi, and LAX to Loyal as well and they're all still in the company. Some have left for WWE, others have headed for Japan but the Loyal factor seems to be the only way to keep the WWE from raiding the roster right off the bat. I think due to the problems I'm gonna restart the game again and tweak some more stuff and see where that gets me. I'll try going through some of the stats of the WWE workers and see if I can't get some of the workers to mesh a lil more and see if the shows can't improve. I know in real life the WWE shows aren't all that much to watch these days except for Smackdown... but within one year RAW and Smackdown lose their TV slots as does Imapct, so I'll see if I can't figure something out. EDIT OF DOOM: Forlan, I dunno if this would work but if it does, would you want me to send you the tweaked data if I have if what I configure works so you can look at it and see what I did?[/QUOTE] If you don't mind me asking, what is TNA and WWE stats, far as product wise for this last run you took? I haven't been keeping up totally with this thread (in and out alot), but maybe a fresh idea might be worth trying as well. Note: the Loyalty to promotion thing I really don't like as an easy fix to the problem. I'm thinking if you want to use loyalty, maybe have it loyal to the owner of the product instead? I don't know if that would have the same effect though...

if i had gotten in on the test data i would have checked the uk scene and europe scene, i always wanted to try the uk scene in tew 05 but most of the good indy guys would work only in usa but with this one you can turn that off, i would love to see how the uk scene stacked up after a few years on autoclicker, (come to think of it i think there is smeone already trying the uk scene gotta find him and ask how it looks/stacks up)

WWE is heavy on the Risque, Mainstream and Entertainment while TNA is into the Traditional and Mainstream. Okay the first two big things I've done is change the overness of Kennedy and Finlay. Finlay's overness was at 47%... much lower than Sandman's... so I upped him to I think 65% or maybe a tad more. Kennedy was at 53% so I brought him up to 75%... that might help out since they're much better in-ring competitors. I also upped some Hardcore stats for Kane and Cena. It wasn't anymore than 10% but it might help them mesh well with guys like Taker and Triple H.

lol, gotta find him...hehe. So far it looks okay, I made a few necessary tweaks (some i've yet to send across to forlan) in order to hopefully allow them to actually stay active for a while. For example, All Stars stats were low across the UK and needed altered. SWA's stats in Scotland were really low, they should definitely be able to become Regional very quickly and maintain the around 500+ crowds that leads to...obviously they've got next to no overness across the rest of the UK. The other small promotion, IPW and WZW needed tweaked...I may re-tweak IPW so they can make a bit of cash. The TV channels and PPV for UK is kinda iffy here and there, yet to have a really good look at it though...a few channels look a bit high. As for WWE/TNA: I'd take Vince's roster size down a peg, that's half the problem there as he attempts to fill ECW as if it's a full roster when it only has 1 hour of TV. An aggression pact is also necessary, if only so it kicks in if TNA make serious moves forward in the game world. Interesting side note is that although TNA gets royally raped, they don't go out and bring in more to fill the gap...but then, they do start at Cult and I've yet to check Dixie's favoured roster size.

Ok I've made all the tweaks to WWE that I can find. Some of the guys had Overness so slow that shouldn't that I THINK that might've been why good Main Event matches weren't taking place. Although I still can't figure out for the life of me why if they have 2 B- matches in a row and then the Main Event gets a B that they sometimes get a C+ for the show but that's not my field of expertise. Abyss: Tweaked his Overness in all US regions by +3% AJ Styles: Same, only 5% Shelley: Upped all 45% Overness to 50%. BG James: Chaned all his 48% Overness to 58%. Cage: Changed Hardcore from 33% to 55%. Daniels: Changed any Overness from under 70% and upped it by 5%. Jarrett: Changed all Overness under 80% in the US and upped it by 5%. Kip: Changed all Overness under 70% and upped it by 5%. Petey: Changed all Overness in US and upped it by 5%. Raven: Changed all US Overness and upped it by 5%. Rhino: Changed all Overness under 75% and upped it by 5%. Team 3D: Upped most of their US Overness by 5%. I think maybe this way with the main stars having near enough popularity to the Overness of the company it may help keep the Impact slot on Spike, but we'll see if works or not. If not... maybe the game just can't keep the slot for them. What I still don't get is that the Overness isn't a factor for the WWE guys, but it's still not putting any of them in situations where they can put on good matches. Not one time in the year and a half of the last test game did we see Benoit vs. Triple H which would've been a guaranteed A match or anything of the sort. In fact... not one WWE match ever got an A the entire run but TNA got 2 with Joe vs. Angle 7 (yeah even the game won't move them on to new feuds) and oe vs. Sting. I also upped the popularity of London and Kendrick to 70% in the US as Kendrick was set at 48%. With as long as they'ved held the Tag Titles I think they should be more Over than guys like Mike Knox. lol Anywhoo... I think I've tweaked enough data, I'll start letting the game go through the first week so I can set it up to run, hopefully things don't go to hell again.

wow thats quite the amount of work that's being done to fix this whole thing. I really wish Adam would step up and do SOMETHING to make this all a bit more sensical, and give us all a concrete solution. Even if it's just proper promotion stats, if that's the problem.

[QUOTE=Ransik;188664]WWE is heavy on the Risque, Mainstream and Entertainment while TNA is into the Traditional and Mainstream. Okay the first two big things I've done is change the overness of Kennedy and Finlay. Finlay's overness was at 47%... much lower than Sandman's... so I upped him to I think 65% or maybe a tad more. Kennedy was at 53% so I brought him up to 75%... that might help out since they're much better in-ring competitors. I also upped some Hardcore stats for Kane and Cena. It wasn't anymore than 10% but it might help them mesh well with guys like Taker and Triple H.[/QUOTE] Mainstream should be key feature, Entertainment ? Risque yeah, Comedy and Traditional around medium, Hardcore low. TNA nowadays would probably have less Risgue (barely), and higher on the cult level. Lower on Traditional a bit. I'm pointing out those two in particular, because that's where your having the weirdest stuff happening. Interested to see what happens after the latest changes though, to be honest, before trying any of these. What is the intensity at? I would have both Intensity and danger kind of low. The Risque is kind of a weird one to me. I'm not sure exactly what is Risque/Risky? or whatever.. If they mean making fake match's like that one a week ago or so, then yeah, high, lol.

Well no matter what I put the AI Match Intesnity and Danger at it'll fix itself to fit the Product after the first show either way. I took out The OC in the other shows since it's gonna be cancelled and changed Monday Night Football from Enormous to Very Big, cause it doesn't have quite the following it did back in the day. Might help RAW and Impact keep their slots, might not.

The OC shouldnt be taken out til its officially over, cancelled or not. I told ALL of the testers that overness and such WAS NOT sorted yet so obviously some will be off AS WAS ALREADY MENTIONED. I know its not meant to but Simon you come off as just intending to pick fault with things that have already been said as not been done yet. And of course Lawlers announcing should be low, from the help file This is how good the worker is at calling wrestling matches. It is not used for colour commentators, they are rated on charisma and microphone skills. Lawler is a COLOUR COMMENTATOR

Gimmick effectiveness is at F- because it is something the user has to select. Especially on TEW05 conversions, every gimmick is listed as F-. I haven't gone through the help files much, but does Adam explain what gimmick would go to which rating? I guess it really is subjective. Because while Triple H and Jeff Jarrett were similar in their gimmick I suppose, the effectiveness of both could be different. How's the testing going? Did you ever get a lucha fan to help you with that region?

[QUOTE=D16NJD16;188697]wow thats quite the amount of work that's being done to fix this whole thing. I really wish Adam would step up and do SOMETHING to make this all a bit more sensical, and give us all a concrete solution. Even if it's just proper promotion stats, if that's the problem.[/QUOTE] Naw, this is normal. You have to remember although it's built on the same platform as 2005, its' a totally different monster, and so the more testing that's done, the more you find out about how the AI works. If everything went fine on the first few go rounds, you might never realise what could go wrong. [QUOTE]I told ALL of the testers that overness and such WAS NOT sorted yet so obviously some will be off AS WAS ALREADY MENTIONED. I know its not meant to but Simon you come off as just intending to pick fault with things that have already been said as not been done yet.[/QUOTE] And that makes alot of this stuff I commented on, obsolete pretty much, till that is corrected, lol. Oh well. For the record though, I just chimed in and haven't really read every single post in here, but it didn't come out as picking fault with anything to me. It just seemed like you have an enthusiastic tester, one that's willing to "test" more then be fascinated (like I would probably do, lol). Even after rereading it, I feel the same. I might just be more optimistic though, other readers might not see it the same I guess. You didn't seem like you were being overcritical of Simon either, as your very next sentence stated "I know it's not meant to", so don't take this as I (or anyone reading) thought that:-) I just figured you were running accross the same sort of problems I have: [QUOTE]Originally Posted by forlan When i tried war it was worse, WWE signed half of TNA's stars away just to be bastards haha[/QUOTE] This is what caught my attention.

I really hope the right testers were chosen and not just because they're nice and are a female. The lucha rosters need to be looked over more so now that AAA has a pact of sorts with TNA (and IWA-PR if you want to include Ricky Banderas). As far as announcing is concerned, it doesn't play a role in any other stat (like being charismatic and having mic skills)? I remember reading someone wondering if someone has an announcing stat of 0 if it plays into the match ratings being low or other segments. I doubt it, though, it seems straightforward that it refers to if they can announce or not.

[QUOTE=HugeRockStar760;188725]I really hope the right testers were chosen and not just because they're nice and are a female. The lucha rosters need to be looked over more so now that AAA has a pact of sorts with TNA (and IWA-PR if you want to include Ricky Banderas).[/QUOTE] One worker (Banderas) does not make a pact but yeah the TNA pact is a well known fact

I'm just trying to find a formula that won't cripple WWE and TNA like you asked me to forlan. I'm just running a dozen or so different tests to see what will change the situation to better the players when the mod comes out. I'm not saying anything I'm doing is what you should do but if I come across something that works it might help you in the long run. I know you haven't gotten to the Overness yet which is why I'm tweaking it on my end to see if it causes any changes. I'm not picking faults with anything, I'm just trying to find the right combo so the industry doesn't get crippled in the first year of the game cause that's what is going on. The new engine in this game is making it near impossible for a company to remain Global and I'm just sorting through anything I can find to try and fix it so you know what to look for. When is The OC getting cancelled anyway?

5 More OC episodes to go Its strange because TNA and WWE seemed about right size wise and staying that way until the latest patch that altered the difficulty or whatever it did, since then ONE if not BOTH end up falling to cult in some sort of farce

Archived