Question for anyone to answer

A child promotion becomes like a developmental territory. In 07, you can sign people to development deals and automatically assign them to a child promotion while negotiating their contract (all in one step). This allows them time to learn and improve before you "call them up" to the big roster. SWF has a child promotion (RIPW) as does I believe BHOTWG (Hinote Dojo). I'm sure you've noticed within the first week, SWF "calls up" Nevada Nuclear? That's because he's on a developmental deal and was assigned to RIPW.

SWF , PGHW and BHOTWG all have one if you want to try them out (RIPW, SAISHO and Hinate Dojo respectively) :) The idea of child promotions is, you can sign workers to Development deals, and send them to your child promotion to gain experience and develop their skills and popularity, without ruining your shows while they're still shaky in the ring. You can't just call up any workers that the company have (they can hire workers themselves, and those workers are contracted to them, not you), only the ones you already have on development deals. You call them up by offering them full contracts. However, having said that, most wrestlers in a child promotion are going to be on PPA contracts, so you could sign them too if you wanted (I signed MAW's entire roster as TCW, and then sent them all down to MAW anyway :p So Rip Chord was running shows for pretty much free. I'm so kind ¬_¬). Development contracts act like Written contracts (meaning other feds can't sign the worker until the last month of the contract. However, I'm not entirely sure if you pay them by month or by appearance. Since most child companies are going to be small and thus only run one show anyway, they'll practically be the same thing anyway though). However, they differ from Written contracts in that you can offer them a full contract ("call them up") at any time. Also note that you can't "send down" wrestlers who start on your roster with written contracts already (because you can't re-negotiate a written contract until the last three months (or last month if it's another companies' worker)). Edit; Aww man, I'm getting slow in my old age ¬_¬

Archived