• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Jamiedubya21
yeah visa for me as well. by the way I just tried to use my mum card with permission and was getting the same thing, if you keep clicking complete purchase and it doesnt register be careful you are not getting charged each time! The bank just called my mum to ask why he was over her limit when she had about 200 left on it. If elicense are taking the money then this is pretty dodgy for a few peeps

Just tried again and this time it says error 24 which just means the card has been declined when only 2minutes before i bought a dvd with the same card so it shouldnt be declined for any reason. EDIT: Both cards getting declined in the same way but both are fine so it seems like another screwy elicense problem. Anyone wanna buy it for me and ill paypal them the money ? XD

[QUOTE=Jamiedubya21;173767]yeah visa for me as well. by the way I just tried to use my mum card with permission and was getting the same thing, if you keep clicking complete purchase and it doesnt register be careful you are not getting charged each time! The bank just called my mum to ask why he was over her limit when she had about 200 left on it. If elicense are taking the money then this is pretty dodgy for a few peeps[/QUOTE] It'll be absolutely taking the piss if they take it loads of times, ill sue or something. Wont know until mother and fathers card statements come in though

[QUOTE=forlan;173760]The problem seems to be the fact it's catered mainly and almost solely for US buyers. BTW, the cards im trying are visa, is everyone else with problems using visa as i know tcp bought it fine with a mastercard so it may be some visa problem[/QUOTE] i too used Visa, worked fine for me, is it definately the address thats the problem?

[QUOTE=Jamiedubya21;173767]yeah visa for me as well. by the way I just tried to use my mum card with permission and was getting the same thing, if you keep clicking complete purchase and it doesnt register be careful you are not getting charged each time! The bank just called my mum to ask why he was over her limit when she had about 200 left on it. If elicense are taking the money then this is pretty dodgy for a few peeps[/QUOTE] F*ck no tell me that aint happening. It cant can it!? :mad: Ive clicked on it more times than I can afford to.

I mean its only 17 quid but 20 clicks and pushing towards 400 or something, i swear i'll sue, and if they have taken it im never buying anything to profit elicense again, as much as id want the next tew, i dont if they are a bunch of con artists ripping loads of money when it clearly dsays transaction wasnt processed

Guest Jamiedubya21
just off the phone with the bank myself. Credit Card 1 - took the money from my card but halted all duplicate tranactions Credit Card 2 - money was taken from this also but was halted due to duplicate transactions Mums card - all transaction were blocked by the bank as the bank highlighted it suspicious as there was 5 transactions by the same amount. Panic over, although it does look like Ive paid but Ive never got beyond the error 23/24 message. JW

[QUOTE=Jamiedubya21;173779]just off the phone with the bank myself. Credit Card 1 - took the money from my card but halted all duplicate tranactions Credit Card 2 - money was taken from this also but was halted due to duplicate transactions Mums card - all transaction were blocked by the bank as the bank highlighted it suspicious as there was 5 transactions by the same amount. Panic over, although it does look like Ive paid but Ive never got beyond the error 23/24 message. JW[/QUOTE] I dont really getit, so does this mean most likely it'll of been taken once from mams card and once from dads and the bank stoped it or did you do the stopping manually?

Guest Jamiedubya21
Ive paid for it twice now by the looks of thing, once off my 1st credit card, once off my 2nd. My mums was cancelled by the bank and all duplicate transactions (on all cards) were cancelled by the bank as well. Ive called both Bank of Scotland and Barclaycard who confirmed that the payment has been authorised so I couldnt manually cancel them. Ive now paid for the game twice and have ZERO in the way of licenses. I have contacted Viatech/E-License regarding this. Forlan - Id imagine it will be taken once from each of the cards (possibly)

Guest Jamiedubya21
[QUOTE=Manimal;173793]The people who have payed more then once, do you have two elicense? If you do you could sell the other one to someone like me who has to pay with paypal.[/QUOTE] At this point in time, despite having paid twice for it I have zero licenses! lol! I wish I had the game for myself and wasnt having to chase up banks at 6pm on a Friday night! Ive no beef with GDS about this but Viatech/Elicense is a joke! JW

[QUOTE=Manimal;173793]The people who have payed more then once, do you have two elicense? If you do you could sell the other one to someone like me who has to pay with paypal.[/QUOTE] If people received more than one license, it should be a relatively simple process to refund one of them, we've done that in the past when someone has accidentally done an order twice.

[QUOTE=forlan;173777]I mean its only 17 quid but 20 clicks and pushing towards 400 or something, i swear i'll sue, and if they have taken it im never buying anything to profit elicense again, as much as id want the next tew, i dont if they are a bunch of con artists ripping loads of money when it clearly dsays transaction wasnt processed[/QUOTE] eLicense is a respectable company, any problems with purchases are simply an error and is not the fault of them directly. There is a reason with nearly all online purchases they tell you to only hit that particular button [I]once[/I], it's a safeguard. With that said, should they tell you there is nothing they could do about refunding your money, then re-selling it would be an option, and while it may be bad for you and you would be justifibily angry (as I would too), it's most likely out of their control for various reasons. Although most companies I have noticed have been very good with handling these types of errors and in the long run either can give a full refund or credit. However, with that said, I do not know the internal workings of eLicense that well to know how they handle this type of error with the system.

Archived