• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ok, so I abandoned the wait club... I was poking around and I realized that though the elicense drop-down menu stops at 2010 the field allows typing anything. So, given as my initial problem was unique and probably not part of the I paid but got nothing but did but can't see it problem set I tried it one more (for a second time) and hazahh! It works. Of course, now I have to go work....anyway. Just in case anyone out there had the same problem as me - you can type an expirery year that is later than 2010 in the field.

Guys, I've been working with Elicense all day on this and there are a few things: 1. First, we appreciate everyone's patience as Elicense has had a high volume of transactions from TEW (and other products not related to GDS) today. 2. The process of validating your card and generating a valid license may take up to a few minutes. 3. If, during this time, you try to send in another transaction or resubmit, there is a chance your credit card will have multiple "holds" on it. These holds are temporary and will go away after a certain period of time. You will, however, only be charged for one licensed copy. We've seen many instances of one person making between 30 and 50 requests to purchase - but only one actually went through. Another way to look at it is that if you don't receive an email with a valid license, your card will not be charged. I hope this helps clear some things up and alleviate some of the fears people had of being charged numerous times.

Guest Jamiedubya21
Cheers for that Arlie, Ive been checking on and off all night. I can now go to my bed in peace. Hopefully I will receive my license over the weekend or at least confirmation that I havent been charged. Cant wait to play it! Cheers, JW

To follow up, here's a direct reply from a main Elicense representative on how their credit card validation works: [quote]How CCs work: Web stores -> VISA First call to pre-authorize the Credit Card for the amount. This call puts the money on hold. VISA -> Web Stores returns an error or success. on Error there is nothing else you can do on success: Web Store -> VISA Second call to settle or get the money that was previously put on hold into the merchants account. Now there is AVS = Address Verification System How it works: 1. Checks the Zip Code and the street number to match them with the billing address of the credit card. 2. There is no separate check for it, so what happens is 1 call to pre-authorize the amount which puts a hold on the money. If AVS fails then we don't do the second call to get the money but is stays in pending or on hold for the card holder until VISA or the Bank removes the hold. The hold usually stays for 5 business days.[/quote] The end result of all this is that if you don't get an email with a valid Elicense sent to you, you were not charged (at worst, you had a hold which will go away). I would still really advise people to make sure they double check all the information on the card and make sure the name, address and/or expiration date is accurate. In nearly every failed case, one of these was not right.

Duh, stupid me! I got the error for wrong address about 6 or 7 times before actually checking this thread. Ive checked my account online and I have seemed to have paid numerous times for a license I do not have. Have e-mailed elicense support though, how long do they take to get back to you on average? Just to be clear though, am I actually putting in my address wrong? And I should note that its the same address I have used for other GDS purchases, or is that error the result of server overload on the elicense side? EDIT: Just saw the above post, so about 5 days til the money is back?

The way I understand it (which, admittedly, is extremely poorly, hence my not posting in this thread at all) is thus: The e-License system will have "reserved" the money for the purchase. So your bank will think it has gone (in terms of your credit limit, it temporarily will have), to make sure you don't spend that money while it's processing. But if you don't get sent your license, that "reserve" will expire, and the money will be returned to your account. If e-License [b]do[/b] send you a license, it will then take the "reserved" money, and the transaction will be successful. So unless you get loads of emails with loads of licenses in them, you should be fine in terms of money. As I said, that may or may not be how it actually works, that's just how I interpreted it.

[QUOTE=Goldenskillz;174126]Your saying i wasnt charged but when i rang up my bank earlier they told me i had lost money to elicensing...so just to check i understand it means that none of this actually will actually be transferred from Visa to Eliscensing.[/QUOTE] Doing a check using your board email, I found 10 failed transactions and 0 successes. So, your card will not be charged.

[QUOTE=D-Lyrium;174141]The way I understand it (which, admittedly, is extremely poorly, hence my not posting in this thread at all) is thus: The e-License system will have "reserved" the money for the purchase. So your bank will think it has gone (in terms of your credit limit, it temporarily will have), to make sure you don't spend that money while it's processing. But if you don't get sent your license, that "reserve" will expire, and the money will be returned to your account. If e-License [b]do[/b] send you a license, it will then take the "reserved" money, and the transaction will be successful. So unless you get loads of emails with loads of licenses in them, you should be fine in terms of money. As I said, that may or may not be how it actually works, that's just how I interpreted it.[/QUOTE] This is exactly how it should go.

[QUOTE=BigBadBillDemott;174130]Damn, I've been charged numerous times and have no game. I'm still waiting for the elicense people to email me back. I understand this is as annoying for GDS as it is for me but I'm just getting more and more annoyed. If anybody has any other suggestions, I'd be happy to read them.[/QUOTE] I just spoke with someone at elicense and using your board email, we found 5 failed attempts and 0 successes. So, you will not be charged.

[QUOTE=Arlie Rahn;174142]Doing a check using your board email, I found 10 failed transactions and 0 successes. So, your card will not be charged.[/QUOTE] Sorry to be a pain but do you think you could check mine too, would put my mind at rest thanks. Not everywhere would have such greater customer support as this

Archived