• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[QUOTE=Goldenskillz;174160]Just so i know, is the whole Address problem thing sorted because i have checked and there is nothing wrong with my address, unless im suppose to put something like United Kingdom instead of England or something like that.[/QUOTE] Nothing's wrong with my address either, and I'm confident of that seeing as my information came up defaultly from when I had bought TEW05 and WreSpi2 under the same address. Not sure what's going on there.

Damn people and their problems with elicense, pushing the paypal needers down in line! :p Just kidding, I'd rather wait a while, pay via paypal, and not have to worry about my card issues. Hopefully everyone gets their **** sorted fine. People are pretty calm it seems. If I thought I'd charged myself multiple times I'd be freaking out.

I really should have checked out the boards before trying to purchase; I tried a few times unsuccessfully (error 23 like everyone else---I'm in Canada), and I'm hoping that my card wasn't charged. Even if charges are reversed, I have no desire to have a hold put on my VISA account due to suspicious activity. While I realize that complaining on this forum isn't getting the problem fixed, I'm extremely hesitant about using Elicense to purchase the game even when the problem is taken care of. As much as I want to play TEW 2007, the thought of a company being this sloppy with regards to credit card processing is truly disturbing. We're not just talking about inconvenience, we're talking about real life dollars and cents, not to mention someone's credit rating.

[QUOTE=Goldenskillz;174203]Ok you obviously mis read or something because your credit card isnt being put on hold, due to "suspicious activitys" the money is just bieng put on hold. And just for the record that is how virtually all transactions like this requiring a credit card work.[/QUOTE] I'm well aware of how it works; I actually work in a bank for a living... My concern is that VISA is going to see the same transaction try to go through numerous times in a short span of time and flag the account. That DOES happen. Anyway, I don't want to jump to conclusions, but Paypal is sure looking more and more attractive.

Guys, I have to contact viatech directly for CC info. I did a few of them while on the phone with Viatech earlier tonight. If you have any questions about your card, please email them at [email]support@elicense.com[/email]. Also, I want to reiterate that in every case I've seen, people have only been actually charged for transactions where you receive an email. So, if you only got one email with an Elicense, rest assured that your card was only charged once.

[QUOTE=MrThing;174244]I have recently tried again (a few times) and have again received the same error (error 23, concerning address or zip code). Hopefully these matters will be cleared up soon, I did not have these problems with elisense when buying TEW 2005.[/QUOTE] If you're from outside the US, try omitting your postal code, state, or both, with a single space. That's what finally did it for me.

[QUOTE=Arlie Rahn;174240]Guys, I have to contact viatech directly for CC info. I did a few of them while on the phone with Viatech earlier tonight. If you have any questions about your card, please email them at [email]support@elicense.com[/email]. Also, I want to reiterate that in every case I've seen, people have only been actually charged for transactions where you receive an email. So, if you only got one email with an Elicense, rest assured that your card was only charged once.[/QUOTE] Ok well I definetly have received no emails.

[QUOTE=Jehovah;174245]If you're from outside the US, try omitting your postal code, state, or both, with a single space. That's what finally did it for me.[/QUOTE] I am from outside the US (Canada) So you simply clicked on the space for each of those items and hit the space bar once then?

[QUOTE=MrThing;174250]I am from outside the US (Canada) So you simply clicked on the space for each of those items and hit the space bar once then?[/QUOTE] If I remember correctly, the province was fine as Ontario, but yeah, for postal code I put a space and it finally worked. Just don't push it by doing too many Error 23's or you'll get yourself into trouble like me.

[QUOTE=Jehovah;174253]If I remember correctly, the province was fine as Ontario, but yeah, for postal code I put a space and it finally worked. Just don't push it by doing too many Error 23's or you'll get yourself into trouble like me.[/QUOTE] Thanks a lot Jehovah, I will give it a shot then.

[QUOTE=Jehovah;174253]If I remember correctly, the province was fine as Ontario, but yeah, for postal code I put a space and it finally worked. Just don't push it by doing too many Error 23's or you'll get yourself into trouble like me.[/QUOTE] I just tried it and at first I was getting the 24 error instead, indicating that my Visa was past it limit (which could be so if all the 23s were taking away from the limit) but then I got it to work when taking away the postal code all together! Thanks a lot!:)

I received the 24 error even though my card has enough of a limit this is really irritating. I did the whole postal code and state thing but 24 problem. I even did it with someone elses card and got the same error. man I am going to have to sort out so much **** regarding charges when this is over and this probably won't be figured out til Monday? On that note is it going to be til monday when I get an email about this stuff or should have already got one?

Archived