Entertainment skills

In the previous versions i know you increased a workers charisma/Mic skills by booking them with someone who is good at it and they improved. Is this still the same or will they increase if you just put them in a ton of angles revolved around entertainment skills?

In DAVE I put Hell's Bouncer and Nathan Coleman (weird, I know) in a team and gave them Cat Jemson as their manager. Cat and Bouncer have excellent chemistry together and pretty much every segment has given me the note "Hell's Bouncer is developing better performance skills." So maybe there is some credence to all this.

[QUOTE=D-Lyrium;177782]Performance skills is Basics, Psychology, etc. So probably Consistency (as I can't see any of the others being improved by acting ¬_¬). If it means entertainment, it'll say "X is learning to show more charisma".[/QUOTE] I guess maybe you can construe psychology as a type of acting if you're referring to the psychology behind a good interview versus the psychology in a bad interview (I.E. no psychology) as opposed to in-ring psychology. Purely speculation, but that's what forums are for I suppose.

Hey, I've just noticed something quite profound ¬_¬ The Performance skills that increase in angles may not actually be Psychology, Basics, etc etc. The skills which determine how good a wrestler is at certain gimmick types, and portraying a heel or a face. They're also called Performance skills. And it would make FAR more sense if it was THEM that was improving...

[QUOTE=D-Lyrium;178116]Hey, I've just noticed something quite profound ¬_¬ The Performance skills that increase in angles may not actually be Psychology, Basics, etc etc. The skills which determine how good a wrestler is at certain gimmick types, and portraying a heel or a face. They're also called Performance skills. And it would make FAR more sense if it was THEM that was improving...[/QUOTE] Good spot!

While we're on the topic of Entertainment skills, does the new Announcing stat count towards to the overall Entertainment score? So for example if a worker is being rated in an angle on entertainment, will having zero in Announcing affect the rating more than say in TEW2005 where it didn't exist? I doubt it, but just wondering

[QUOTE=cyberkitten01;178235]While we're on the topic of Entertainment skills, does the new Announcing stat count towards to the overall Entertainment score? So for example if a worker is being rated in an angle on entertainment, will having zero in Announcing affect the rating more than say in TEW2005 where it didn't exist? I doubt it, but just wondering[/QUOTE] Yes it does. Run the numbers and it's easy to see that. I'll give you an example: Cherry Bomb has 78 Mic skill, 80 Charisma, 88 Acting, 0 Announcing. Using an 'Average' Calculation method, she rates out at a C (78+80+88+0/4 = 61.5 or 62 if rounded. C = 59.1-65.0). Using a 'Weighted Average' calculation method, she rates out at B- (B- is 71.1-77.0). That leads me to believe that the Announcing stat (or lack thereof for most workers) DOES factor into the displayed overall ratings for Entertainment skill. No idea why it was done like that since this is just the flipside of 05 having looks & superstar quality potentially inflate a worker's entertainment skills, but eh, I deal.

[quote=D-Lyrium;178116]Hey, I've just noticed something quite profound ¬_¬ The Performance skills that increase in angles may not actually be Psychology, Basics, etc etc. The skills which determine how good a wrestler is at certain gimmick types, and portraying a heel or a face. They're also called Performance skills. And it would make FAR more sense if it was THEM that was improving...[/quote] If my eyes didn't deceive me, I just realized that you even can tell which of the performance skills (mic/charisma/acting/announcing or gimmicks) are improving from the road agent notes. For the first, he tells you "soandso is improving his Performance skills", while for the latter he says "soandso is developming better performance skills".

[QUOTE=pol|K;178431]If my eyes didn't deceive me, I just realized that you even can tell which of the performance skills (mic/charisma/acting/announcing or gimmicks) are improving from the road agent notes. For the first, he tells you "soandso is improving his Performance skills", while for the latter he says "soandso is developming better performance skills".[/QUOTE] Wow, you're right! That's odd though. Could be confusing for folks who might not catch that or not able to make the distinction. One thing I have noticed is that [B]P[/B]erformance skills seem to raise with matches and [B]p[/B]erformance skills raise with angles. Makes sense but figured I'd put that out there as an FYI.

Archived