CM Punk vs. Bob Holly

Trashbear

[QUOTE=Trashbear;182693]I dunno, I always thought Mike Awesome was the best big man I ever saw, at least from a workrate standpoint. He wasn't a good talker or anything, but he did stuff that I think Lashley can only dream about. I mean, Awesome would do springboards and would actually stop and balance on the top rope, and he's about 300 lbs. Lashley can move pretty good in the ring too, but I really think Awesome was a rarity. Most 300 pounders in wrestling barely even leave their feet, never mind do topes or helos.[/QUOTE] Ahhh, I see... I guess the Mike Awesome I saw was the older one on One Night Stand...I should look at some older shows of him to get more of an idea of who he was in ring. I also believe WWE is treating ECW as like a minor league sort of system too...which would explain why Lashley is there. I think he's there to get more mic work and in ring work for sure.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest The Aussie
[QUOTE=Nevermore;182754]Another guy who peaked in ECW *sighs*... Quote The Raven Nevermore[/QUOTE] No, he peaked in New Japan (or All Japan) when he was teaming with Vader. They were so wicked as a Team.

Speaking of not going with the flow, about Holly. I wouldn't mind even at this point him getting a face push. I would love to see the Old ECW crew start turning heel for this to happen. I think half those guys make a way better heel then a face anyways. One thing that was kind of weird to me as well (in smackdown). Joey Mercury could have easily become a Face of people's hero as well, after that mess up on his face. They started clapping for him and really seemed the right word would have gave him a standing ovation. Even when Matt Hardy come in and tried explaining things to him, the crowd would have cheered probably to the ceiling if he would have reached out and shook Hardy's hand (as if Hardy had gotten through to him). I guess no one can make those kind of "calls" in the middle of shows though. Holly could have gone on to the Main Event as a Face, no doubt in my mind. He really earned the respect of that crowd. Sorry for going back to the topic, but I think that's what we are supposed to do, lol.

Archived