HELP ME ! dangerous spots

The type of match has no bearing at all on match danger, as far as I'm aware. If your match danger is low and you have a Barbed Wire Match, it's just going to be a really damn boring Barbed Wire Match :p "Powerbomb me into that barbed wire board!" "But, uh, the boss said we're not allowed to do that!" "Oh.. yeah. Well, lets just stare fearfully at the wire, while wrestling a perfectly normal match!"

[QUOTE=D-Lyrium;182116]The type of match has no bearing at all on match danger, as far as I'm aware. If your match danger is low and you have a Barbed Wire Match, it's just going to be a really damn boring Barbed Wire Match :p "Powerbomb me into that barbed wire board!" "But, uh, the boss said we're not allowed to do that!" "Oh.. yeah. Well, lets just stare fearfully at the wire, while wrestling a perfectly normal match!"[/QUOTE] Really? I thought if the sliders were low, that the crowd didn't want to see these types of matched. I'm probably wrong and don't have the help file handy.

JF, You need to keep lowering the match danger slider until you no longer get the message, finding the 'sweet spot' so to speak. FYI, When 1.3 comes out, Adam mentioned that a suggested percentage will appear in the post-event notes. That is: “The notes have been altered for 1.3, they actually tell you "you should consider lowering the Match Intensity of your product to X%", that should keep everybody happy.” I assume this applies to match danger as well. And no, no one knows when the official 1.3 will come out.

Isn't letting us know exactly what settings to put various sliders taking away from the challenge of actually finding the right balance ourselves? I mean, it's one thing asking for help on a message board like this, but the game actually telling us what's gonna work?

[QUOTE=Rey619;182143]Isn't letting us know exactly what settings to put various sliders taking away from the challenge of actually finding the right balance ourselves? I mean, it's one thing asking for help on a message board like this, but the game actually telling us what's gonna work?[/QUOTE] I partially agree, and it might be taking an easy way out to stop people complaining. But then again, since you can't actually see what the percentage translates to because you don't get to watch the actual match, you can't really figure out what's too much for what kind of product and how big of a different 5% makes. It's not like a booker would actually tell his wrestlers to "Use 50% intensity". He would say maybe "Have a pretty high-intensity match" and if the crowd doesn't like it, he would tell them to "Tone it down some". The wrestlers would probably figure it out. Since you can't simulate that in a text-based game, I don't think telling us what it should be is totally unrealistic.

[QUOTE=Rey619;182143]Isn't letting us know exactly what settings to put various sliders taking away from the challenge of actually finding the right balance ourselves? I mean, it's one thing asking for help on a message board like this, but the game actually telling us what's gonna work?[/QUOTE] Yes. The problem is, it's the only way to compromise when you have one section of people who find joy in trying to figure out what the various parts of the Product definitions do, and another section of people who want every part of it spelled out along with every conceivable contingency. The folks who like learning by doing are always going to have plenty of opportunities to do so while the folks who want deeper and more comprehensive documentation and definition, can't get that outside of the game providing it.

[QUOTE=Anubis;182312]Since every style seems to have a specific point it has to be at, though, why have the sliders at all? I mean, if you go above or below, you get a penalty. Would people actually put stuff too high or low on purpose or what?[/QUOTE] You're slightly incorrect in your thinking - there is no specific point that it has to be at, there are minimum and maximum values based on your product definition. All the text will give you in the maximum point (if you're above it) or the minimum point (if you're below it). It's quite possible that the range of acceptable values is anywhere from 10% to 90%, in which case you have a lot of scope for creative decisions, as obviously a promotion with 10% Intensity\Danger is far different from one with 90%. Hence the sliders are a good thing.

Archived