If somebody could tell me if I'm understanding this correctly, that'd be great... Is the mainstream value for your promotion's product simply how much overness is a factor in matches (of course in combination with how big your promotion can get)? Okay, well if I do have this mistaken, what configurations of a promotion's product would make it so that fan's care more about the workers' skill as opposed to their overness?

You're partyl right, one of the things Mainstream does is to put more focus on the overness of the workers. It has other effects too (Mainstream fans don't like very intense matches, for example). If you want the fans to care more about skill, increase Pure.

Ok, that's what I figured. But I noticed that pure says some stuff about focusing on the technical aspect of wrestling, obviously meaning workers with high submission, mat work, and chain wrestling skills would produce higher rated matches. And I figure the daredevil and lucha aspects of your promotion's product would have the same effect for high fliers. But what about brawlers?

[QUOTE=D-Lyrium;185543]Realism seems to be the main stat that affects Brawlers, for some reason that I still can't really work out (Austin and The Rock seemed to do ok during the Attitude era...). But anything about Medium conflicts with tainted finishes.[/QUOTE] Ummm D-Lyrium? Austin & Rock during the Attitude Era were Entertainers, by its very definition. Realism affects the usage of brawlers. And I think anything above 'Low' gets you the negative feedback on tainted/cheap finishes. Daredevil allows you to use Spot Monkeys. Lucha....well, derrrr. The more 'Mainstream' your product, the more the emphasis seems to be on overness over actual in-ring skill. Risque seems to add more emphasis on Looks or Entertainment skills than overness or in-ring skill or maybe it's pure shock value (so matches and angles with high 'content risk'). Still figuring out Cult. But Mainstream allows you to use Entertainers (I think) so with Mainstream at 'None', your audience is liable to revolt and throw vegetables if you book an Entertainer in a match or segment. Hyper Realism seems to allow the use of MMA Crossover workers.

[QUOTE=Blackman;185783]just to get this clear, is overness the popularity level in the region, or it is the momentum, or a combo? thx.[/QUOTE] Overness = popularity. Momentum = drives overness. Overness is essentially how well known the worker is. Momentum is how much the fans actually want to see that worker. So it's possible for a worker to be extremely popular (A overness) but the fans don't really want to see them (F- momentum). Momentum usually becomes most obvious when advance booking matches. If you advance book a match between two workers with say A overness and A momentum, you usually get A* heat. Book the same match with the workers having F- momentum and you might get a C or C- (because the fans really don't want to see them, no matter how popular or well known they might be). Check out [URL="http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8667"]this thread[/URL] for more.

[QUOTE=Blackman;185783]just to get this clear, is overness the popularity level in the region, or it is the momentum, or a combo? thx.[/QUOTE] 'Overness' is what Popularity was called in EWR. So the (many) people who've grown up with EWR still call it Overness through force of habit :p The two terms are interchangeable.

I'll post this here, to safe space: Right now I'm in an almost critical postion with my fed where I need some 'momentum-managing'. Whereas at first the momentum was B- sometimes, at some point during a non-active month of touring the overness dropped with all workers, meaning that C- is actually already big. My main workers went from B/C+ to D/D+. How could this have come to pass? thx.

and how do you get it up, if I may ask? I tried booking C vs C, but if I didn't I found out that if C+ won over D+ it didn't really did much good to the boost since you probably need at least C+ people to lift that C+-rating to a B-. But what I also wonder about is if match ratings can get momentum to change. Or should I book storylines? 'cause I found that storylines have a more negative impact on momentum, since you can hardly predict the momentum of the participants in a month's time, so it'll limit your chances on getting a good pairing. (C vs C or C+/-)

You have to think like a fan. What would make the fans want to see a worker? Well, the obvious would be an interesting storyline. The storyline doesn't have to have A* heat to drive momentum up. That would penalize smaller feds. The only way I've found to "manufacture" momentum is via storylines. Used to be possible to drive worker momentum using strictly angles (in 05) but I haven't seen that be the case in 07. Without storylines, momentum is only transferable (meaning, someone has to lose momentum in order for another person to gain it). Might be other ways but this is just what I've found. Incidentally, the storyline doesn't have to be a pre-made one. I only use unchained storylines and so far, I've seen results from something as simple as 3 tag teams fighting over a title.

Damn! Unchained storylines. I totally forgot about them. Thanks for the reminder. I usually did one or 2 per tour, but looked up against it since there's quite a lot of work and planning involved. I'll do that. Cause if, like u say, you continue to transfer it, you'll make critical mistakes causing momentum to fizzle, for example when you 'accidently' match a B- against a D+. I don't think (form exp.) that ALL the momentum is transferred.

[QUOTE=Blackman;185881]Cause if, like u say, you continue to transfer it, you'll make critical mistakes causing momentum to fizzle, for example when you 'accidently' match a B- against a D+. I don't think (form exp.) that ALL the momentum is transferred.[/QUOTE] True, it's not all. In fact, one person loses A LOT more momentum than the other gains usually. If you match a B+ against a C, that C may only get to C+ while your B+ may drop to C. The higher the quality of the match, the less the higher momentum worker loses. So if it's an A* match, it's possible for the B+ worker to GAIN momentum (because the difference in match rating vs their momentum was more than the momentum they'd drop from losing). But, it may not be enough of a gain to push them to A. That's also why it's possible for a worker to lose momentum and never lose a match. If they're putting on stinkers or only fighting jobbers, people don't want to see that.

Yeah, Momentum affects the Advanced Booking heat (which in turn affects TV ratings and ticket sales, and all that good stuff associated with advanced booking). Match rating affects Momentum, but I don't think it works the other way around, although I can see where you're coming from (better momentum = better crowd reaction = better match ratings), I'm not sure if that works, but it could well do.

[QUOTE=D-Lyrium;186025]Yeah, Momentum affects the Advanced Booking heat (which in turn affects TV ratings and ticket sales, and all that good stuff associated with advanced booking). Match rating affects Momentum, but I don't think it works the other way around, although I can see where you're coming from (better momentum = better crowd reaction = better match ratings), I'm not sure if that works, but it could well do.[/QUOTE] Well if your momentum is going up, then that will tend to raise (or have raised) your overness, which in turn will generally raise match ratings (in a roundabout sort of way) :p

about turns (sorry to be such a drag). I've scheduled a turn for someone on the roster, and planned an appropriate angle during the show (pre-show time actually, but also one try on the normal time) but the worker didn't change. (or at least the road agent note wasn't there. When I checked back, it didn't change... :(

You have to actually book said worker in a "turn" angle. If it nots done in an actual angle, the turn wont come into affect. When you book the angle, there will be an option to turn the worker. From there, you click the turn button and voila, you have a turned worker. You can also turn a worker (using match road agent notes) during a match. Hope that helps. Edit: I don't think you can filter for "Turn" angles a they don't exist ( I don't think). What I mean by "turn" angles are those angles where there is an option to turn one or more workers.

thanks for the response, but I've done that already (it's said in my post). I didn't know if you could do it during the match as well, but I've had numerous matches with that worker. What I might be missing is the button. I'll look for it. It isn't a pop-up since that didn't appear. Thx.

Archived