Workers Arriving Late

Ok, I am trying to figure out why I am having such bad luck when it comes to my talent showing up on time. I'm running WWE and in the five weeks I have played, 36 times I have received an e-mail notifying me that someone showed up very late to the show. Fortunately, only once did someone skip the show altogether (Jeff Hardy at the Royal Rumble but he is a Free Spirit so I let that one go). I'm stumped as to why this could be happening so often because I've taken all the necessary steps to make sure the talent stays happy. Workers are receiving their recommended push, I have 25 Locker Room Leaders across the three brands, and nobody has lost a ridiculous amount of times to the point where they have complained. I almost always discipline the person showing up late and as you could probably guess, it has now resulted in a rather large amount of enemies for me (which I hope doesn't come back to bite me when I go to re-sign these workers). Anyone experience something like this or have any tips to help control this?

[QUOTE=sitebender;185768]Free spirits are always late. They don't conform to things like time.[/QUOTE] Yeah, I know. That's why I let Hardy go for skipping the Royal Rumble even though it screwed up some plans. This is affecting everyone on my roster, though, not just the Free Spirits. EDIT: Maybe I should have worded the original post better. This is happening with dozens of workers and not just one guy.

Assuming they're not ALL Free Spirits (which I assume you'd have noticed ¬_¬), how many guys do you have pushed as Road Agents? I think you need about one Road Agent per 10 workers (don't know if that's brand specific, would assume so). As far as I know, while Locker Room Leaders help with morale and backstage fights and such, they can't really help workers not arriving on time/at all. That's down to the road agents to make sure everyone arrives on time. If you have enough road agents, then I guess it's just down to bad luck.

Are you using the latest patch? I had a similar problem happening for me before I updated to the temporary 1.3 patch. The problem I had was with three brands I had a very large roster therefore people weren't happy because they didn't have enough positive relationships backstage. For example, Finlay only had one actual Friendship (the rest were Loyalties). Adam has since done some work on the data to try and help keep this from happening.

I have 96 workers, which include the 9 road agents. Five belong to RAW, 2 on ECW, and 2 are on Smackdown. Raw has more talent than the other shows, though, so that is why it's sorta lopsided. I'll try to re-shuffle it a bit and see if it makes a difference. Maybe I'll sign 2-3 more people as well. [QUOTE]Maybe you're setting a bad example to your workers?[/QUOTE] Hey, my user character is always on time. :) I place the blame for ECW talent showing up late on Dean Malenko. He's one of my only road agents there and he's almost late every show. [QUOTE=Lita Maivia;186303]Are you using the latest patch? I had a similar problem happening for me before I updated to the temporary 1.3 patch. The problem I had was with three brands I had a very large roster therefore people weren't happy because they didn't have enough positive relationships backstage. For example, Finlay only had one actual Friendship (the rest were Loyalties). Adam has since done some work on the data to try and help keep this from happening.[/QUOTE] Yep, I grab the latest patches as soon as they come out. I'm using Temporary Patch 1.3 v2 right now.

I've also had my User Character show up late once. The only workers except for one that have showed up late were free spirit workers, most notably for me is Sean Waltman. He no showed once, and about every other week, he shows up late. Also, wouldn't make sense, that if you're booking a card and the person that you find out showed up late, was a wrestler you booked as one of the 1st matches of the card, shouldn't they not be there? I've had it where I've booked Sean Waltman in the Pre Show, and I later get the email saying that he showed up very late. Well, according to my notes....no...he wrestled in the first match of the night...there's no way he showed up late.......or is there? Hmmmm

Nickthegoof: Besides given the option of disciplining the late worker, there's no other effect that I' aware of. Related to this, I'm curious if anyone plays favorites, and let's lateness slide with any particular workers. Generally, I fine anyone that's late, but Jerry Eisen's been late a few times, and I decided against it. He's my future boss after all!

Hehehe, I completely ignore Jerry Eisen, I've got way better comentators than him, and what's he going to do if he's angry? Not show up to a card I don't book him on? Quit a lifetime contract? Ha! Also, I figure lateness means they showed up at the last minute - I know most major promostions have all the talent meet at least an hour or two before the show starts in order to go through stuff they have planned...

[QUOTE=Actarus;187001]Related to this, I'm curious if anyone plays favorites, and let's lateness slide with any particular workers. Generally, I fine anyone that's late, but Jerry Eisen's been late a few times, and I decided against it. He's my future boss after all![/QUOTE] Yep. My core workers have carte blanche. As long as they don't no show, I don't care. And if a non-core worker shows up late and gets a warning or fine and complains about it, they're jobbed to oblivion and then fired. It's cliché but The Rock's catchphrase is true: Know your role and shut your mouth.

[QUOTE=Nickthegoof;186805]I'm sorry for hijacking this topic but I have a question about this subject. What happens game wise when a worker arrives late? Dose the match rating go down, dose it do anything besides take up space in your inbox?[/QUOTE] Turning up late for a show in itself isn't a huge problem. But if you let it slide, pretty soon more workers will be doing it, thinking that if Worker X can get away with it, they can too. Then they'll start missing whole shows, and locker room morale will go through the floor. So it's more 'signs of a problem starting' than anything bad in itself.

[QUOTE=Moe Hunter;187181]Also, I figure lateness means they showed up at the last minute - I know most major promostions have all the talent meet at least an hour or two before the show starts in order to go through stuff they have planned...[/QUOTE] Yup.. when Austin Aries and Roderick Strong showed up late for the TNA PPV approximately one year ago, they arrived an hour or two before the show, and it was still so serious that they were taken off the show for a long time (Strong altogether).

Archived