How to book a Battle Royal

OK, I've never tried this with the new version, and was wondering how it was booked. Do you specify the order of entrance and elimination? How long each wrestler is to stay in ring, who they are eliminated by? I mean.. say I want to run a 20-man (or in my case, woman) battle royal.. it lasts 20 minutes. The ones at the end are the ones with good stamina. Does the AI factor this into the Battle Royal, or will the match crap on itself because wrestlers with low psych and low stamina are in the battle royal? Even if they are meant to be eliminated after 5-6 minutes? Can I expect a good grade on a Battle Royal, or is this really only a waste of time?

I've gotten good grades on battle royals but no, you cannot pick the order of elimination (that would require MANY more spaces for road agent notes). You pick the winner and that's it. The order they're eliminated in is somewhat random but can be manipulated with the 'keep strong' note. I've found using it on the person you want to be the last one out can work [B][I]sometimes[/I][/B].

You can only book the things you can book for a regular match (winner, loser, other various road agent notes). The game does take into account the fact that not all workers are working the entire match though. You don't get messages about workers being exhausted. In general, Battle Royals are no worse than any other match. As long as you have a few 'name' workers in them, they're generally ok.

Battle Royals are a great place to lump all the crap on your roster. The totally untalenteds, like Jumbo Shrimp (who gets tired after TEN minutes!). So long as you still keep the Big Smack Scotts off screen you're fine. Put a bunch of low-talenters in, and throw in a few big names just to balance things out. I've had A* Battle Royals before, I think even without anyone of note in them.

[QUOTE=D-Lyrium;190248] The game does take into account the fact that not all workers are working the entire match though. You don't get messages about workers being exhausted. [/QUOTE] Yeah. Tag matches DO have those notes, and it's a tad bit frustrating, since they normally work only half of the match.

The Battle Royal got a C-, I'm very happy with that, as I didn't even include the 4-5 best workers on the roster. Nobody got exhausted, and all three of the wrestlers I put the Keep Strong note on were among the last four. Thanks! And yeah.. it sucks that tag-matches can't go on for some time without wrestlers being exhausted. It would have been logical that in a pairing where one has a high stamina, and a low stamina, the road agent (if good) would tell the wrestler with high stamina to wrestle most of the match.

[QUOTE=Rey619;190449]It would have been logical that in a pairing where one has a high stamina, and a low stamina, the road agent (if good) would tell the wrestler with high stamina to wrestle most of the match.[/QUOTE] That's your job, via the Protect note :p

although, you might not be able to pick the order of eliminations, I've picked the winner of the battle royal and picked one loser and those 2 are the final 2 competitors in every one I've ever done... It might be a coinecedence(sp?) :p but I have always had those 2 as the final participants.. that's how I build up a feud between a face and a heel...

Archived