Match danger too high?

I created a fed with Realism, Hyper Realism, and Pure as all key features to try and kind of create a UFC fed with pro wrestling dynamics. I set match danger to 65 (hey, those UFC matches ARE dangerous), but my road agent said it was too much. What would be more suitable? He said 0%, but that's insanely low. Like legit-ish fights aren't dangerous?

I think it's the Pure product factor that doens't go well with Realism or Hyper Realism here, 'cause Pure doesnt' involve huge match danger. I guess you're misunderstanding the word "[B]Danger[/B]" here. In Product terms, it means weapons and violence, UFC matches are high on Match [B]Intensity[/B], not [B]Danger[/B]

[QUOTE=FINisher;194835]I think it's the Pure product factor that doens't go well with Realism or Hyper Realism here[/QUOTE] Even coming from you, that's quite a rediculous statement :p (;)) Pure and Realism are like bread and butter. Or shoes and socks. Or long hair and drug use ¬_¬ Sure, you can have one without the other just fine, but it's not as much fun :p. Hyper Realism is not so intrinsically linked to Pure, but it's definately not contrasting. But yeah, the second bit is spot on. Intensity is the hard-hitting, head-dropping, "oh my God that guy's just had his head clotheslined clean off his body!" factor. Danger is the Jeff Hardyness. The 50ft ladders, flaming tables and barbed wire ringropes. A UFC-type fed would have very high intensity, but no danger at all (in the TEW sense).

[QUOTE=Moe Hunter;195005]I've got some Pure as well, but the description for Traditional talked about old-school slow wrestling, that didn't sound very intense to me.[/QUOTE] Lowering Mainstream would allow you to raise Intensity as well since Mainstream crowds generally don't like intense matches. I would think Cult would allow for more intensity (as well as perhaps danger), being the anti-mainstream choice. Lucha matches are generally pretty intense and would fit with your Modern bent.

Refering to match Intensity and Danger you have to realize what they mean. In the help files Intensity is discribed as: [quote]This indicates how physically intense the match is; a high rating means that it will involve a lot of hard and stiff strikes, a low rating means that it is quite slow paced and undemanding.[/quote] While Match Danger is discribed as: [quote]A high rating means that the matches involve a lot of spots where the wrestlers risk injury; this could either be because of moves that involve them getting dropped on their heads, or because they do lots of crazy stunts and dives. A low rating means that it is a very safe environment, and wrestlers rarely get injuries as a direct result of matches.[/quote] So, SpaceMountain, your road agent was right. ;) As for Moe, I'd suggest going heavy in Realism (I'd have to see your current Product settings and the image you're trying to project with it). I'm pretty sure both Traditional and Pure don't have much of an effect on Match Intensity (think, the WWF during the early 90's would've been at least heavy Traditional, and Pure is a lot of ground-based mat work, in a very European manner.)

Archived