The injury rate in 07 is MUCH higher than in 05. When I say 'much', I mean at least an order of magnitude higher. Workers get minor injuries like shin splints and pulled muscles as well as big ones like spinal injuries, major concussions, and stuff like that. I'm fairly sure there are many people here who can cite examples of workers being out 14 months due to a major injury. Resilience has become extremely important now, so much so that an owner goal restricts you from hiring broken down, injury prone workers. Also, the addition of worker fatigue goes hand in hand with injuries in that a worker who is constantly working with little to no time off (see Wilson, Cliff aka Dark Angel), will be FAR more likely to get hurt because as fatigue goes down, so does the worker's physical condition (I had one worker do 8 matches in 1 show and go from A* fatigue and all body parts to F fatigue and B/B- in all body parts).

How often is everyone's workers getting injured? Out of interest. I'm into my 4th month, running a weekly indie show, and i'm yet to have one. I am based in Britain though, so maybe the lack of places for people to work means there's far less chance of it happening. As the worker has plenty of time to heal up before the next show etc.

[QUOTE=Horizon;195165]How often is everyone's workers getting injured? Out of interest. I'm into my 4th month, running a weekly indie show, and i'm yet to have one. I am based in Britain though, so maybe the lack of places for people to work means there's far less chance of it happening. As the worker has plenty of time to heal up before the next show etc.[/QUOTE] I play as ROF and have just run a 1/2 hour internet show each week for the 2 years I've played the game so far...and there's only been one injury to someone in my employ. However, that was Merle O'Curle, who was one of only 2 wrestlers I was using on a weekly basis - most others were only used once in the month and most only worked for me. He was out for a month...I forget the injury. However, especially in Japan, I've noticed tons of career threatening injuries - the 12 to 14 month varieties. Major concussions, spinal injuries etc. I guess that would make sense where the touring schedule means many matches in a short space of time. Also check Adam's diary where he lets the game world sim and records its progress - you can see how many major injuries are happening there and how it can affect some of the big names in the game world.

You answered your own question heh. I've had several injuries occur in the game I'm playing now, all minor (shin splints, jammed fingers, the flu, Montezuma's Revenge, etc) but then, most of my workers work for up to 3 different promotions. If you're isolated like in the UK or Europe with workers who only work for you, the likelihood of injury probably drops a great deal. Aw hell, as I'm writing this, April Hunter (one of my main eventers) just fractured her ribs in a match for another promotion. Two days before my PPV. Yup, injuries happen!

Having played through six months (really only a three month tour with PGHW), I feel that I've been educated on the injury system rather extensively already. So far I've seen three injuries over the course of the tour, along with about six injuries to workers on the Burning Hammer and GCG rosters. So far I've lucked out - Tatsuko was able to work through his bruised eye socket, and William Hayes' broken nose healed up quickly. Hell Monkey, who came into the promotion on a touring deal with a great match against Shuji Inukai, wound up going down with a doubly distended anus that sidelined him for the entire second half of the tour. I've been surprised at how low the injury rate has been with our high match intensity level... Bryan Vessey, who's been down to nearly a D+ physically, hasn't yet been permanently damaged. Burning Hammer came out worse, with two huge gaps in their main event scene brought on by first a two-month concussion for Eiji Hamacho followed by a leg injury that put Kinnojo Hori out of action just before their "Test of Prophecies" pay-per-view. Luckily for them, Hoshino's star power is keeping them only a step behind us.

[QUOTE=JS The Monster;195158]Wow, that's cool I just bought Tew2007 happy to hear it and what influence has alcohol usage and drugs usage on the wrestler? many thankzz for the fast reply![/QUOTE] Having a drink problem makes them more likely to turn up late to work (or not turn up at all/turn up in no fit state to work. Ref: Hall, Scott). Drug usage probably increases the likelyhood of them overdosing, and increases their risk of dying early (drinking probably does that slightly, too).

Since this is an injury related thread, I just have to let everyone know about the greatest injury in game ever..... Tadiyuki Kikkawa broke Marat Khoklov's neck to leave him out for 14 months. I love Kikkawa, I really do. Marat's neck is like 3 miles around! :)

I just started a tiny fed at ) pop and 20k and I hired only unemployed guys who wouldn't cost me to much. So my roster barely has anyone with a safety over D. Anyway the point is I'm almost two years in (Nov 2008) and I haven't gotten one injury on my roster yet which I found kind of odd.

[QUOTE=Remianen;195155](I had one worker do 8 matches in 1 show and go from A* fatigue and all body parts to F fatigue and B/B- in all body parts).[/QUOTE] And damn if it's not taking a whole month for her to recover (2 weeks later and she's only up to C- fatigue).

In under three months of playing DOTT, I've seen at least two dozen injuries of various magnitudes, although thankfully only one of them happened in my promotion (Ivan Koloff got sidelined). Someone, though, just got "hysterical blindness". I see he kept those "funny" injuries in DOTT, heh.

In a two year game span I've had about 5 injuries, two serious, Matt Sparrow with a shattered knee, and Roderick Remus with a slipped disc, and a few comedy ones (impacted ear wax). I'm getting a lot more people turning up late that in '05. In fact I've actually turned up late for three shows, but I can't discipline myself.

Archived