[QUOTE=Anubis;198918]Here is how it's set up thus far: Cult, Modern, and Realism are set to Key Feature Risque, Hyper Realism, and Hardcore are set to Heavy Traditional, Mainstream, and Daredevil are set to Medium Comedy is set to Low Pure is set to Very Low Lucha Libre is set to None[/QUOTE] I'm curious, Anubis. How did you come up with that product? Did you just pick things that sounded good or was there a rationale behind it? It looks nightmarish to me but then again, it's probably the most unique/different product I've encountered. It's intriguing, to say the least, but I'd be curious to know how it was created. To answer one of your questions, Traditional and Mainstream seem to control the level that overness has in determining match ratings (Mainstream more than Traditional though). An absence (or extremely low amounts) of both can make in-ring skill paramount (see: PGHW, INSPIRE, and to a lesser extent, NOTBPW). Overness is ALWAYS going to factor in but you can minimize its effect somewhat. As for whether that product would accomplish that which you want it to, there's only one way to find out for sure.....

[QUOTE=Remianen;199037]I'm curious, Anubis. How did you come up with that product? Did you just pick things that sounded good or was there a rationale behind it? It looks nightmarish to me but then again, it's probably the most unique/different product I've encountered. It's intriguing, to say the least, but I'd be curious to know how it was created.[/QUOTE] Sure thing. Understand first that it's based on my old e-fed that I ran on and off between 1999 and 2004. It was originally a "hardcore" e-fed (that was the fad back then, thanks largely to ECW), but as it grew, more and more people signed up playing entirely different styles. Some were technical wrestlers, some were aerial wrestlers, some were hardcore, some were brawlers, and some were even "entertainer" types similar to the Rock or Hulk Hogan. So this meant that I had the task of writing matches between these drastically different styles that looked good. It had to be a product that, if I saw it on television, I would fall in love with. Anyway, during the third run of the e-fed, I started putting more emphasis on it being "real" like UFC or PRIDE, but with the catch that even aerial moves were portrayed as realistic. It was tough, but it involved stuff like several hard hits before doing an aerial move, stuff like that. Also, instead of people doing that waiting thing before climbing the turnbuckle (you know what I mean I hope), pretty much everyone climbed it like Rob Van Dam and just hopped up, making everything really fast-paced. Eventually, it took on a look of what is considered "Modern" in TEW2007, hence why it is a Key Feature, as this was a pretty big part of it. All this is also what gives "Realistic" a designation of Key Feature. "Cult" being a Key Feature should be obvious given what I've said so far. The only style that was never represented was "Lucha Libre", which is why I set it to none; heck, I couldn't write a match like that if I wanted to! Now I wasn't sure whether to match Realism or Hyper Realism or both important, but then I thought about it, and I realized that the actual MMA style of wrestling wasn't the most common in the e-fed. Still, it was important as some of our top people did use that style. This is why I set "Hyper Realism" to Heavy. "Hardcore" would have been set higher in the old days, but it had taken a back seat to the realism aspects by the end, hence why I only set it to Heavy. As for "Risque", well, I consider that to be entirely about angles and storylines and gimmicks, and if you'd been there, you'd know why this one is set to Heavy; I really pushed the envelope in the e-fed, featuring things as extreme as people getting killed and some very graphic violence and sexuality. Now while we didn't have a strict face/heel divide, it was there in some respects. You see, I had faces and heels, but then I also had good and evil. Some characters were just downright [i]evil[/i], while heels could still be cheered if they were cool enough. Yet technical wrestling was a big thing, and we did have managers and authority figures. So I bumped "Traditional" and "Mainstream" both to Medium for purposes of being able to use this stuff, and because entertainers were able to do well enough there as well. Lastly for the big stuff, I did write in several awesome spots (such as a 400 pound hardcore wrestler doing a triple flip moonsault off the top of the Imperia-Tron onto a wrestler and through three tables), but it wasn't an every week thing like in WSX, but rather something saved for special occasions, since using it too much would have killed any realism aspects. So "Daredevil" definitely gets Medium to showcase the spot monkeys. There was some funny stuff, but it wasn't very frequent, so "Comedy" is set to Low. I set "Pure" to Very Low because there was an occasional pure type of match, although it was pretty rare. Again, only Lucha Libre wasn't represented in the e-fed. Other than that, it was quite a melting pot by the time I shut it down.

With USPW it is tough to see a huge rise in ratings but after about 4 months you should start to see improvement as fans become aquainted with the less over guys from the beginning. I am consistantly putting on D+ shows now instead of D- like in the beginning. I did sorta cheat by putting Sean McFly in USPW at the beginning and using his "divorce" which I altered his relationship to do, as the reason he came to the US. I am hoping that many USPW bookers on here can refer to my diary and learn some things from my booking.

Anubis, that's quite the backstory. You should do a diary on that promotion. I'd be interested in seeing if it works in 07. It seems to me that some of the aspects you describe would be contrary to some of the product (like, the kind of risque you described would horrify mainstream audiences). I'm also curious as to how much match intensity & danger is suggested for that product. Like I said, it looks like it would be a nightmare to book due to appealing to so many sometimes disparate groups but that may just be an 'on paper' kinda thing. I honestly have no idea how or if it would work. Might have to try it meself. :p

[QUOTE=Remianen;199084]Anubis, that's quite the backstory. You should do a diary on that promotion. I'd be interested in seeing if it works in 07. It seems to me that some of the aspects you describe would be contrary to some of the product (like, the kind of risque you described would horrify mainstream audiences). I'm also curious as to how much match intensity & danger is suggested for that product. Like I said, it looks like it would be a nightmare to book due to appealing to so many sometimes disparate groups but that may just be an 'on paper' kinda thing. I honestly have no idea how or if it would work. Might have to try it meself. :p[/QUOTE] Do you mean write up a diary of the actual e-fed? Or make a database with this promotion in it and play it? If the former, well, that's a bit much for me hehehe. If the latter, well, I'm already working on that. It's the cornerstone of the ImperiaVerse, after all! Still, either way, I'm not so sure people like how I write a diary. I think I may not be detailed enough. Thing is, I shut down the e-fed [i]because[/i] it was too much of a pain in the ass writing out full results. I'm not sure how to get people interested without exhausting myself.

[QUOTE=D-Lyrium;199318]Take a look at infinity's Coastal Zone diary. That's about as minimalistic as it comes, but it's still entertaining :)[/QUOTE] His diary really is great. Well written and easy to read. He must subscribe to the old KISS theory: Keep It Simple, Stupid!

Archived