Contract ending

Have you ever taken one of your star workers and used him to push mid carders up the card to reduce his own popularity when it was time to re-sign? I did this in my NOTBPW game because when Dark Angels contract was up he wanted over 25k/month as he was my top heel at a B+ overness and Dan Stone blocked me from making any offers above 20K/month and he would not sign a P.P.A. deal again as he felt a promotion my size should offer him a Written Deal so with my hands tied i had him lose a few times to Edd Stone which redused him to a C- and i snapped him up for 8k/month for 2 years too bad he sustained a concussion in the last match and is out for a month now :mad:

i feel there is a karmic message in there somewhere! Unless i really love the worker in question i generally tak a hardline approach with greedy stars, i will just job them to death against people who show a bit of loyalty to my company. It might be a bit harsh, but hey, thats the kinda man i am! :)

Ive done this with Goldust , Even though I pounced on him with an offer, he still moaned that I took my time signing him and he wants his contract to run out. So I took that nice little European title he had, riped it off of him and gave it to Farooq, and ended up jobbing him out to the rest of my jobbers. Farooq ended up coming up to me about this situation, and when I explained it to him he only said one thing...... ......DAMN!!!

In one of my DAVE games, after TCW rose-up in size they signed Alex Braun away from me. It was around this same time that I realized Rudy Velasquez is the only Latino King worth a damn (he was able to get consistent C and C+ matches against the guys in Adrenaline Rush and Matt Sparrow). Alex Braun's last match with DAVE was a loss to Velasquez before getting jumped by all of The Latino Kings. The match itself pulled out a B-, and even managed to pull up the assault segment to a C when I expected a D or worse!

Archived