New WWE Brands On The Way?

Townender

[QUOTE=AfRoMaN36;206523]Im hoping that this is just a separate operation. Like Vince is just gunna hire a bunch of local guys and build promotions there. I wouldnt mind that, in fact I suggest it. But to strip [B]Americans of wrestling and some of their favorite wrestlers [/B]for the sake of making more money elsewhere would be suicide in the place that made you who you are.[/QUOTE] What about us non-Americans? Do we not matter because as long as the US stuff is on TV that should be enough?

Im sorry that my opinion sound bias, but I do intend it to sound that way. I feel if things are okay now, why mess with it? I mean seriously, are you guys gunna die if their isnt a promotion near you? You guys can see plenty of wrestling on tv with the FULL roster. Most wrestling fans dont even go to the shows in person anyway. I mean it does sound selfish, but I'm the kind of guy who hates change. The WWE is doing great right now and now Vince wants to separate rosters again? And now I wont get to see some of my favorite wrestlers just because he is of a diffrent nationality? No thank you. Ofcourse, if the entire plan were to just go START UP diffrent promotions in diffrent countries with fresh off the street guys. Then that would be excellent for business and the industry as a whole. It would be great for the other countries aswell, but to take away from a nucleus that is working so well right now is foolish.

I think it would be great for all wrestling fans across the world full stop. afroman36 you say you wont be able to see your favourite wrestlers but you will on the t.v. on the internet for all you know the wwe might put all the different regions shows on tv around the world and if not it will definatly be on the website.

[QUOTE=chris caulfield;206650]I think it would be great for all wrestling fans across the world full stop. afroman36 you say you wont be able to see your favourite wrestlers but you will on the t.v. on the internet for all you know the wwe might put all the different regions shows on tv around the world and if not it will definatly be on the website.[/QUOTE] I aggree for sure. Take Finlay, Regal and Mysterio for example's. I don't see them just going non-existant, at least not in the scense of just dissapearing off the planet. They will probably tour from one to the other. You might not see them for three months, but actually, I think this is a marvelous idea. The WWE will be able to showcase alot more talent that otherwise would never be able to be seen. Afroman, I know where your coming from I think, but I don't think your thinking of "what if" possibilities here. What if some of these guys you are familiar with leaving, brings in the next Rock, Hulk Hogan, or Snuka? I don't mean literally them, but their younger equivalents that have not been seen (at least not mainstream yet). Talent in every sports, bassically everything period always gets better, poeple get better athletically (Basketball, Football, Boxing, etc.). We might get a chance to see something really great come into being by not seeing Umaga anymore for a while. Ok, here is another bonus. Remember when they went to Canada? Remember the POP Sylvan got there??? IT was HUGE, something he never gets here in the US. His popularity there seemed to rival someone like Cena's here. I could see him being the "Cena" for Canada. Regal in Britain? That would totally be awesome for them. Pluss, if they do this, I believe what has been said is true. I don't see them NOT being played here in the USA. If anything, I see Wrestling as an event we will be able to watch everyday of the week probably, from Monday to Sunday (All WWE). If you like the WWE, this is/should rock if it all works out. The nice thing, is they are already affiliated with most of these countries already. They are just doing the Territorial/Regional thing globally, it should really be huge. Pluss, now their title's will definately mean something when it says WORLD Heavyweight, or Intercontinental, etc.. Probably bring in a National to go along with the US title. Bring the Intercontinental title up to main event, and then bring in a International Title, with the World title's being truly global. Thats' what I would do anyways. Now we have something else to ask for in the requests thread for next time (if this happens, lol). To have it where a Promotion can branch off itself like the old AWA titles' and such in the DOTT era had, it will be a chance to get that into the game with a real life reason that actually exists presently, to be able to have title's move back and forth between Promotions, rather then just brands. Sorry, couldn't help that, but I can see a certain person going to town with a database that allowed this to happen (for a historical mod). I wonder who that might be?? LOL.

Burchill working in the UK would be huge. I've yet to meet a UK wrestling fan who doesn't like Burchill. He would be insanely popular after a few weeks. Although it's also possible the huge pops wear off when they aren't mixed with US wrestlers. They stand out as they are, maybe not so in this proposed system. I still think it's a work, though. Mind you, I thought that about Heyman's firing.

There is no amount of money in the world that would make me do a promo after "Being Fired", so I believe that was a work. I don't think he is still doing anything for ECW, but I do believe that WWE has not lost interest in having him around in some form or another. I think announcer of General manager of any upcoming brands, promotions or whatever is ok, as long as they keep him away from the actual writing and booking of them. I like Heyman, I think he's a very interesting personality, and look forward to seeing him around again...

with the way this new breed vs. originals story is shaping up I would not be shocked to see haymen back in an active role in ECW. not special ref though. (I believe it was on pwinsider, but if that report is correct another media outlet gave the answer away, when running a story about trump involved in mania)

So to respond to the original post as I just saw it, I find it hard to believe that wrestlers would be willing to move wherever Vince McMahon saw fit to put them. Right now American wrestlers do tours of other areas, they don't stay there, and it would cost a fortune to fly wrestlers back and forth if there was just one weekly show and they could live in America. I don't see any chance of this happening. But if it does, Vince should know that I'm available for relocation and hiring.

[QUOTE=weirdo_man;206837]So to respond to the original post as I just saw it, I find it hard to believe that wrestlers would be willing to move wherever Vince McMahon saw fit to put them. Right now American wrestlers do tours of other areas, they don't stay there, and it would cost a fortune to fly wrestlers back and forth if there was just one weekly show and they could live in America. I don't see any chance of this happening. [B]But if it does, Vince should know that I'm available for relocation and hiring[/B].[/QUOTE] WOOT!! Weirdo man to Mexico, and comes back a genuine WWE STAR!!! That would be great wouldn't it? That diary would get really interesting pretty quickly, lol. I don't think he's going to take anyone that doesn't want to go... Kind of like the way they handled the Iraq thing I'd bet. Those that want to (with the added money incentive) could relocate for a tour of say two years. Probably wont get a ton of people, but certain ones like Paul Burchill, or maybe Regal, might. I don't know if Finlay would, I don't want him to, but he might. Mysterio MIGHT, but I doubt it. He thinks of this as home now, and I think he really enjoys it here. People such as Taker and the rest, that are not from another country, or have ties (such as being multilingual) probably won't want to go. That means 90% of them would probably stay here anyways. From what I read... It sounds like they want to get Local talent (although FAMOUS Local talent). To me that would mean more opportunities for wrestler's everywhere. Not that they will get into WWE (but the possibility of getting in does increase quite a bit if they have 4 to 5 OTHER promotions), but will get work in different promotions, as people go to WWE. The roster's would be shaky in the place they start with at first, but as soon as WWE settle's in, the other's will too. Possibly 40 to 50 wrestler's getting hired that wouldn't before. To be honest, I just like bussiness expanding, because it does help people find work. IF you cannot get it here, might be able to get it there (if your willing to move).

WWE Would not fold if this were to not work out. I apologize for not thoroughly reading this thread (Im in class at the moment), but here is what I have heard. Each region will have their own wrestlers/storylines/etc. I would love this, as WWEs product would not be allowed to get stale (in-ring) as you do have ways of finding other stations. Imagine a true global survivor series. And you can have a good invasion angle. and I am getting shivers thinking about it ;)

Considering the actual in-ring talent that WWE has now and how they utilize it rather poorly in ring, I can't see the expansion happening considering that it would dilute their talent pool even more. And how many big Japanese and Mexican names are going to jump ship from the promotions that they're working for now to work for a startup in the area? I don't think it would happen.

Maybe, but I don't think they are hurting for money. They have the number one show on each of their perspective brands. ECW is the number one show on Sci-Fi, Raw is the number one show on USA and Smackdown is the number one show on the CW. They sell out everywhere they are. Not to mention the Movie's they are doing now. They have the money to do this, and probably twice over. Weirdo Man, you have to take into consideration one thing though.... Just about anyone smart enough to take the reigns that WWE wants Pushed, becomes a household name. John Cena become huge wrestling worse then he ever did, for example. WWE does not have a problem making a star, no matter if they have talent or not. One more point... They do not ever push anyone just because they have talent. IF they are boring on the mic, boring in angle's, they aren't going to make it (not in WWE). They have to have that stat called Superstar Quality, as well as "Charisma". Their top star's have that in bucketfulls.

Well the WWE is not hurting for money, that's true enough but I'd need to see a cost analysis oh this plan before I could say the WWE could pull it off with no risk of financial trouble. Anyway I'd say the big issue is not the cash but the creative staff. In my opinion they've had trouble creating interesting stories for the three brands that they have now. If I ran the WWE, I'd want to change that before I began expanding globally.

djthefunk, they dont necessarily push those with mic skills or charisma. Lashley is said to have none of that. Big people get pushed too. I believe that if WWE were to branch out, they would HAVE to change their product though. WWE as it is now would never last more than a month or two as a novelty in Japan, as they love their puro. They would never last more than a few month in Mexico, because they love the lucha style.

People are forgetting that 60% or more of the roster would obviously be opposed to moving across the country, to Italy or Japan, or wherever, therefore even if the small chance of them going through with it IN 2009 happens, they're hands might be forced. Either that or in my view they'd face a mass exodus of wrestlers, and there's no way in the world they'd destruct their promotion just to rebuild it under this new thing.

None of you are thinking about how long it would take for this to happen. It wouldnt take just a few years. It would probably take a decade or maybe a few decades for it to be all setup and working perfect if they could even get it that way. Things might be very different. There might not be RAW & SD brands still around. We might be dead before any of this happens. I think alot of you think WWE can just make anything happen within just a few years. This would be completely different to anything that has happened before.

Archived