Don't Cry Adam... It'll be alright.

[QUOTE=D-Lyrium;207145]Who said anything about local promotions dissapearing? [b]Just because the WWE exist, doesn't mean there aren't any little promotions in America[/b]. Or even the Tri-State region. So why would a Japanese "mini-WWE" as you call it, have any impact on little promotions in Japan? Or the European one in Europe? (ok, so that's the only one of the three that might ¬_¬).[/QUOTE] The American wrestling scene [b]now[/b] is pretty OK, but it was a mess for a long time post the 80's WWF expansion, and now Vince wants to do it globally. How long did it take for a promotion even close to the regional quality to develop? Or even a sucessful local? Mark my words, if this idea goes through any marketable name in Mexico, Europe, and Japan the WWE can target will have mucho money thrown at them to sign to these "Mini-WWE" promotions and that would be their major draw over the local "Mom-and-pop" promotions, just like the WWF did during the 80's to kill off all the regionals. AJPW, NJPW, AAA, CMLL, NWE, all the English indies, all these (and more) will be at risk. So far they have been pretty untouched by the WWE, sure they might lose one or two stars every once and a while to them, but now we're talking massive roster depleations

I personally think the WWE is slowly destroying itself and this will just continue to do so. One thing they should do though in my opinion if they do this is make the World Heavyweight Championship truely that, and have it defendable in everybrand. Of course since this is what they should do, they probably won't. Vince don't work like that.

[QUOTE=Vladamire Dracos;207366]AJPW, NJPW, AAA, CMLL, NWE, all the English indies, all these (and more) will be at risk.[/QUOTE] NJPW and CMLL will be pretty alright I think. WWE-Japan probably wouldn't take off too well. WWE can't even sell out the Budakon anymore in Japan.

Not right now no, but they will be at risk if the WWE starts stealing their best talent and actually runs the brand with a Japanese audiance in mind instead of the US TV audiance that they do now. Than yes those companies will be at risk.. just like Vince did to the territories 30 years ago.

[QUOTE=Wildcat;207542]Not right now no, but they will be at risk if the WWE starts stealing their best talent and actually runs the brand with a Japanese audiance in mind instead of the US TV audiance that they do now. Than yes those companies will be at risk.. just like Vince did to the territories 30 years ago.[/QUOTE] They wont lose any of the major draws, Chono wont leave, Nagata wont leave, Liger wont leave, they may lose a couple major guys but not enough to be cripling adn with NJPW dojo they will never lack up and commers. And the WWE will never tailer there show towards the JPN audience it will be the same stuff you get with the WWE now. Which the JPN audience is slowly showing less and less liking to. And yukes....yukes got money.

If anyones interested I've been making a mod based on this news since I heard it last week. It's 70% completed at the moment, although I could do with help on what people think the prestige levels and popularity should be for each region. Ive split WWE into 4 seperate promotions (I may end up making Canada a seperate promotion if people would prefure.) that all have working agreements, so in theory you could have 9 borrowed WWE workers at one time. WWE-USA - Almost all members of the current roster, based around people from the US & Canada, as well as the types of wrestlers that I couldnt see relocating to different parts of the world. Pretty much the WWE of today, with a few faces missing, no brand split, but the only branch with full international coverage (although popularity in other regions has been dropped). WWE-MX - Mexican branch, based around the latino stars of WWE, as well as luchadors that have appeared on US TV previously (Since Im guessing they'd be the types of people WWE would look at first) and a few of Mexicans top talents (without completely raiding AAA & CMLL). Luchas a Key Feature, but in a WWE style. WWE-J - The Japanese/Pacific branch of WWE. Mostly WWE workers with experience in Japan, some of the more 'WWE style' Dragon Gate guys, and some other top Japanese talent (Although no-one who would be loyal to AJPW, NJPW or NOAH). Focus's on more on Realism and Tradition, but theres still some wackyness and Vinnie-Macs fingerprints in there. WWE-EU - The European part of the company. Headed up by Finlay, Regal & Taylor, and owned by Shane McMahon. All WWE stars with a history in Europe or the UK or gimmicks liked to Europe (FBI & La Rez) as well as some homegrown British talent to fill out the undercard. More of a Pure style, but still with a lot of entertainment. Each of the titles has been divided up between the promotions, and also some new ones to fill the gaps. Im still Ironing out a few things here im not happy with, but basicaly each promotion has a set of Tag titles, a Secondry title and a Main title. Each promotion has TV coverage in their area, and Im thinking about giving them all worldwide exposure on small networks. Im probably going to add a bit more into the UK scene since I follow it quite closely (and also take part in it). The only thing is it used 1RC as a base, is that allowed if I still give credit? If its not forget I mentioned this, if it is then I'll post a proper preview tomorrow.

Are you doing these as totally seperate promotions with working agreements, or are you making WWE US the parent company with all contracts tied to them and making the other regional promotions child companies with the talent filtered out from the main branch?

Thanks guys, I'll PM them. I'll post a proper preview in the Mods section when I hear back from them and Im at the computer the mods on. I removed the brand split on WWE-USA since they ended it on every test I ran due to the smaller roster. I can always pad it out with a few ex-WWE guys and random muscleheads if people would prefure a roster split. Currently they are 4 seperate companies, but with working agreements meaning guys can cross over between the 4 brands by just talent trading (I thought this would be the most realistic way. The current WWE titles have also been shared out between the companies, as well as backstage workers.

Archived