How do you get an A/A* show?

I'm wondering because I was just playing around on a WWE save, the first show after Mania. No segments were below a B (most B+) and three of the matches were A*. The show got a B+, which I can usually get consistently even with ratings considerably lower than these: [IMG]http://img372.imageshack.us/img372/2648/tewhn0.jpg[/IMG] (I'm not a Khali fan, but I'm even less of a Flair fan) Given that it's practically impossible to get more than a few segments at A* in one show, am I required to get every single match to A* in order to get an A grade show?

B, A*, A*, B+, B-, A* averages out to 88 (if you use the middle of the stat range). 88 is a B+, albeit a very high one. So it's not so surprising that you got a B+. Of course it's hard to get A and A* shows... it's supposed to be hard :p You'd need a fantastic show, because guess what? That's what an A* rating is... There are very few shows in wrestling history that the TEW system would've given above an A to. I'd say you were extremely close to an A (blame Khali), which let's face it is hardly a bad rating. Keep plucking away, you'll get there eventually.

the only time i got an A* show was in 05 but i did get an A on 07 before and what i had was the worse matches first then the great matches last so its not bouncing around like .. B A B+ A* B A* .. instead mine was like B B+ A* A A* ... fans get down about seeing an A* match then a B .. i really dont know what else to do though.. and amazingly my first ever A* match was in 05 for a match that no one wouldve thought did so good... The Sandman vs Balls Mahoney in a Hardcore match.

The only A* card I've gotten thus far was with PGHW, in May of 2008. Here's the breakdown of the main card: Nobuatsu Tatsuko def. Dread (B-) Bryan Vessey def. Shingen Miyazaki (A) Team Dynasty 2000 def. Jack Avatar & William Hayes (A) Bryan Holmes def. Raymond Diaz (A) Eisaku Kunomasu & Buddy Garner def. Muruyama & Ugaki (A) Mito Miwa def. Alexander Robinson (A*) Overall: A* I dunno exactly why this got an A*, what with the B- opener, but I didn't complain :D I suppose something just "clicked" that night. I've gotten plenty of A-rated cards, but no A*s other than this. I'd guess it has something to do with a strong buildup to an A* main event?

[QUOTE=SadisticBlessings;215536]The only A* card I've gotten thus far was with PGHW, in May of 2008. Here's the breakdown of the main card: Nobuatsu Tatsuko def. Dread (B-) Bryan Vessey def. Shingen Miyazaki (A) Team Dynasty 2000 def. Jack Avatar & William Hayes (A) Bryan Holmes def. Raymond Diaz (A) Eisaku Kunomasu & Buddy Garner def. Muruyama & Ugaki (A) Mito Miwa def. Alexander Robinson (A*) Overall: A* I dunno exactly why this got an A*, what with the B- opener, but I didn't complain :D I suppose something just "clicked" that night. I've gotten plenty of A-rated cards, but no A*s other than this. I'd guess it has something to do with a strong buildup to an A* main event?[/QUOTE] pretty much like i said do a build up of great matches/angles like B B+ A A* not B A* B A B+ A* .. if you have them build up the fans are continuously entertained instead of boring match entertaining match boring match etc etc.

[QUOTE=SadisticBlessings;215536]The only A* card I've gotten thus far was with PGHW, in May of 2008. Here's the breakdown of the main card: Nobuatsu Tatsuko def. Dread (B-) Bryan Vessey def. Shingen Miyazaki (A) Team Dynasty 2000 def. Jack Avatar & William Hayes (A) Bryan Holmes def. Raymond Diaz (A) Eisaku Kunomasu & Buddy Garner def. Muruyama & Ugaki (A) Mito Miwa def. Alexander Robinson (A*) Overall: A* [/QUOTE] you sir, are a wrestling god. :p I've had my share of A matches too, and just like this card it depends mainly on the latter 2 matches. You're second to last match was a B-, so that pretty much screwed your possible A* event. It would've been A* if that match was A* (=random assumption :D ) So like D said => blame Khali. ;)

I think the poroblem is it did not fit the "perfect show formula". From what i understand to get a a* raiting you have to run a perfect show which means not all the matches are a*.....you have to have a strong opening a slower mid card a strong upper mid card...a lower rated match *maybe a b-* and then a a to a* main event.....i remember that is something that was added to make it harder to get a a* show. I remember getting them all the time in 05 but in this one...i can barly get a b *i got a b+ for my last show and to be honest it had alot of c- segments*

[QUOTE=alden;215772]I think the poroblem is it did not fit the "perfect show formula". From what i understand to get a a* raiting you have to run a perfect show which means not all the matches are a*.....you have to have a strong opening a slower mid card a strong upper mid card...a lower rated match *maybe a b-* and then a a to a* main event.....i remember that is something that was added to make it harder to get a a* show. I remember getting them all the time in 05 but in this one...i can barly get a b *i got a b+ for my last show and to be honest it had alot of c- segments*[/QUOTE] I don't think it's any harder to get the same percentage outcome. In 05 a B might have been the same as a C is now, for example. An A just means alot more in '07 then it did in '05, harder to get only because the grades are set up on a smaller scale.. There is more grades in 07 then in 05, for example. The note about the perfect show is what makes me believe it's just as easy, if not easier (with counting the letter grade difference). It allows me with a lower card overall then what was shown here, to get just about an equal overall grade, by bassically, having the show build realistically (like was said above). I could have a whole grade lower as one of the segments if I place it in the right spot (wherever that might be, lol).

[QUOTE=Ghetto Anthony;215796]So do promos effect overall show outcome at all? Or are they just storyline builders and crowd hypers?[/QUOTE] they do affect the rating if they bomb alot im talking if there D+ or lower then they really affect it and dont expect to get an A at all.... unless its in your preshow which of course never really affects your rating or its the opening segment and the rest are totally awesome (nothing less than an A) you might get that A overall.

I always try to build up to the better matches instead of having the valley effect, but it depends on how strong your upper card is. With some promotions I find that if thier is a A match say 2nd last the main event can look ordinary if its of equal quality and only get a B so thats when I might throw in a Bish match up in between so both matches score an A, but if you know your guys are awesome you can string back to back A/A* in the top of the card and thats how i've gotten A* cards (with NOTBPW so dosn't really count :p ) [URL="http://img145.imageshack.us/my.php?image=notbjan2008cc7.jpg"]My A* Card[/URL]

[QUOTE=Ironmike;215887](with NOTBPW so dosn't really count :p )[/QUOTE] Very true. :p The only A* card I've gotten was with NOTBPW (Victoria Stone vs. Wanda Fish (B+) followed by Duane vs. Bloodstone (A) followed by Jeremy vs Dark Angel (A*) followed by McFly vs Dan Jr (A*) was the end of the show) and given the upheaval that usually occurs in year one, it's fairly easy for them to stack their roster with the best talent in the world.

that is what i am talking about with the "perfect show" stuff.....a strong opening....a lower second match.....two strong segments in a row....a weaker mid card and then keep building up till two a* main event segments.....you don't always need a match segments to get a a* show...it takes some planing. Good show though man....i might have to try notbpw, they look like fun and i have only played a few so far.

so far i've managed 18 A* shows with MAW. in my game it's march 2012 and i've run 380 shows. i am computer retarded so i son't know how to post them on here, but i'd like to show them sometime..... i run some garbage multi tag matches in the pre-show dark matches, and do a few matches pitting guys with similar styles (tech, high flying, rumble...) and usually a multi man match in the beginning and middle of my shows. i have a pretty deep roster with quite a few guys who could main event every show. i just match them up based on previous encounters or what i think would be a strong showing. pretty much all of my top guys have C or higher momentum and they are all in unchained 6 man storylines that are rated B or higher usually. i run a lot of hype angles for either matches, singles wrestlers, or three man groups (i have 3 really good three man groups running each other over). i place an angle in between every match that i feel will get a B- or higher, always a hype before my main event. i've scored countless A shows, and every once in a blue moon i get an A*. i actually had a PPV get an A* and the next TV show was an A* also. it may also help that i am B+ popularity in the four regions that i run my shows, and a B everywhere else. i think the key is to have strong matches at the end of the show, as well as some kind of B- or higher angle thrown in to cool down the crowd in between your top rated matches. i don't think that the beginning of the show has too much affect, as i'll have some D+ matches to start the show. all of the C or lower matches will always have an angle after them too. i've become pretty good about anticipating what grade matches will be after having been able to keep the same roster for a few years now....

Archived