Two DVD-tapings on the same day

[QUOTE=Rey619;230471]Is it any way, in the game, to simulate the current business method of SHIMMER? I mean, taping two shows on the same day and giving them out as two DVD's? My guess would be no...[/QUOTE] I would think you would just hold two events on the same day. It's hard to say given the fact that you don't know what's included in every DVD your promotion releases (you're not given that information). However, I'd be inclined to think that if you hold two events with different names, that may qualify as two events for DVD distribution purposes. Check to see if when you run two shows, if you get the popularity boost or hit for each event. (Basically, check your promotion's pop in the editor before booking the first show then check it again after running the second show. Not a precise method but the only thing I can think of atm).

The problem with that method is that you would have to pay the PPA workers twice, as they are appearing on two shows. Kinda kills the benefit of holding two shows on the same day, in the same place if you have to pay the workers for both apperances. P.S. Hi Rey.

Hi Carl :) Yeah, I was looking for ways to cut the costs, just as Shimmer does in real life. I am not really sure that wrestlers actually only get paid per show, and not match (the wrestlers in the promotion I am involved with get paid for every match they do when wrestling), but I could at least have saved some money as I didn't have to actually move the ring from one show to another. But I'll check it out.

You cannot hold two shows at the same day. At least not annual shows. Maybe if I also create a weekly show at the same day.. Another quick question... one of my owner's goals is to rise in prestige within two years... that means going from Small to Regional, yes? What does it take to rise to regional again? I need so and so much overness in two regions, right?

[QUOTE=Rey619;230490]Another quick question... one of my owner's goals is to rise in prestige within two years... that means going from Small to Regional, yes? What does it take to rise to regional again? I need so and so much overness in two regions, right?[/QUOTE] Promotion size and prestige are two very different but sometimes related things. Prestige is what determines how likely a worker is to sign with you over another company, and it improves through a variety of different things you can do (but mostly through good shows).

[QUOTE=Rey619;230490]Another quick question... one of my owner's goals is to rise in prestige within two years... that means going from Small to Regional, yes? What does it take to rise to regional again? I need so and so much overness in two regions, right?[/QUOTE] Common mistake there. When it says you have to [b]raise[/b] anything, that doesn't mean you have to do it by a whole grade, it just has to be higher than it started. As long as you go from 34 to 34.1 (for example) that would fulfil the goal. Also, to be regional you only need to have the required overness in a region, doesn't matter which ones. Same applies to lower levels too. Above that you need to be concentrating on your home country I believe, although I'm not certain if the requirement for cult is that you achieve it in your home country. It may be the case that you just need to achieve it in any country. Derek B

[QUOTE=derek_b;230530]Also, to be regional you only need to have the required overness in a region, doesn't matter which ones.[/QUOTE] Not exactly true. To be regional, you have to reach 35.1% or more in at least one region [B][I]of your home country[/I][/B]. Just tested it. New promotion, 0% overness, based in the US. Jacked up popularity in Eastern Europe to 59%, advanced a day. No size change. Jacked up popularity in Puerto Rico to 40% (of course, reducing the Europe popularity to 0), jumped to regional. Important distinction to be made for those controlling promotions that might sit on borders. Like, if the US industry and economy are in the crapper but Mexico is flying high and your promotion's in the Southwest (for example).

Archived