ITC: A journalistic approach to diaries

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I know a lot of diaries have been thrown into the mix here but I would be ecstatic if someone was willing to cover ECW Worldwide. I know my diary is not the most realistic but, without sounding arrogant I hope, I believe my storylines have been strong. So, for someone to be able to make the diary accesible to folks who (perfectly fairly) can't be arsed to read through 50 pages would be awesome. Cheers ;). Quote The raven Nevermore

I'd really like to try writing one for your ECW Nevermore...And if no-one else can, I'll give it a shot...Just give me a couple of weeks to play catch up, as I was gone from here for a couple of months due to real world stuff...

[QUOTE=Oldschool;236664]I'd really like to try writing one for your ECW Nevermore...And if no-one else can, I'll give it a shot...Just give me a couple of weeks to play catch up, as I was gone from here for a couple of months due to real world stuff...[/QUOTE] You're well into this, aren't you :D? That's really good of you, mate. Take as long as you need (I'd never want to pressure someone into reading my diary) and, if you need any info or anything, let me know ;). Could I make one suggestion, though? That is to have one thread (this one) for discussing the idea and another thread for actually posting articles. I think that way people would have to skim through at lot less unrelated posts to find something they're interested in. Just a thought... Quote The Raven Nevermore

[QUOTE=Nevermore;236820] Could I make one suggestion, though? That is to have one thread (this one) for discussing the idea and another thread for actually posting articles. I think that way people would have to skim through at lot less unrelated posts to find something they're interested in. Just a thought... [/QUOTE] I like that idea. Also, this idea just popped into my head... A separate website, where we handle these articles, the monthly awards and other miscellaneous stuff. Just a thought...

[CENTER][IMG]http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u8/Actarus96/UFW%20Dynasty/shows-otr-775x50.gif[/IMG][/CENTER] [B]A.C. Tarus:[/B] “And welcome ladies and gentlemen to “Off the Record” with Michael Landsberg. As you can clearly see, I am not Michael Landsberg, who has the night off. My name is A.C. Tarus, and I am filling in for Michael. We have a very special treat, as my guest tonight is the new head booker of WWE, Mr. Joose! Mr. Joose, welcome to the show!” [CENTER][IMG]http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u8/Actarus96/UFW%20Dynasty/Untitled-5.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] [B]Mr. Joose:[/B] “Thank you A.C. It’s my pleasure to be here tonight.” [B]A.C.:[/B] “Well, let’s dive on in with the toughest question; how did you get your job in WWE. I mean, you’re a virtual unknown from Cornwall in the UK, and next thing you know, you have what many would consider a dream job with the WWE! How did all that come about?” [B]Mr. Joose:[/B] “Well, let me first clarify that it is a dream job, don’t get me wrong, but it’s a lot of hard work, a lot of time, a lot of sacrifice. As for how I got this job, it’s really funny actually. I worked at my local supermarket stocking shelves all day long…” [B]A.C.:[/B] “You’re joking?” [B]Mr. Joose:[/B] “That was my regular job; the one that paid the bills. But I was a small-time writer for a wrestling website, and I do this feature called: “If I had the book…”, where I wrote how I would book this storyline or feud. And I had no idea that some of my most rabid readers were actually the McMahons. They actually LOVED my ideas! I mean, who would have thunk, right? So I get a phone call to become their new head booker, and the rest is history. [B]A.C.:[/B] “Like winning the lotto, right?” [B]Mr. Joose:[/B] “More or less. I basically came on board immediately after WWE Backlash.” [B]A.C.:[/B] “Now, in the short amount of time you’ve been with WWE, you’ve already booked what many people are calling ‘match-of-the-year’ candidates! The very first RAW you booked Shawn Michaels versus Edge; highly rated, a terrific match. You follow that up on the next RAW with Shawn facing Randy Orton; another highly rated match. The final RAW before Judgment Day, and John Cena faces Edge in a terrific bout! Over on Smackdown! Batista versus Ken Kennedy was also highly rated! All four are being talked about as potential ‘match-of-the-year’ contenders. How does that make you feel? It seems like you put on a ‘match-of-the-year’ candidate once a week! [B]Mr. Joose:[/B] “Well, obviously it’s very gratifying but overall, I still have a lot to learn as a head booker. Like everything in life, you never stop learning and you’re constantly honing your craft, but I think I’ve gotten off to a good start.” [B]A.C.:[/B] Speaking of starts, you’ve also managed to make quite an impact with some rather controversial decisions…” [B]Mr. Joose:[/B] “You don’t say…” [B]A.C.:[/B] “Maybe not controversial, but definitely interesting and unexpected, like bringing back Paul Heyman.” [B]Mr. Joose:[/B] “I lobbied quite a bit to make that happen. As you know, the relationship between Vincent and Paul is…interesting to say the least. But I truly feel that his involvement is instrumental to the present and future success of WWE and the ECW brand in particular. Also, the fact of the matter is the man is a goldmine of ideas! Actually, the night he came back was the first RAW I booked, and it was somewhat disappointing.” [B]A.C.:[/B] “Really?” [B]Mr. Joose:[/B] “Well, not the Paul Heyman part, the show overall. I have to remember that we are a sports entertainment company, and that the crowd expects more interviews, more promos, more angles. I’ve learned the hard way that it’s wise to cater to the audience. Generally, I’m happy with they way we’ve grown in the short amount of time I’ve been there. Ratings and audience attendance all remain steady for the most part; you get the idea.” [B]A.C.:[/B] “Can you share any other behind-the-scenes moves you made since your appointment as head booker?” [B]Mr. Joose:[/B] “Certainly; one thing I’m determined to do during my tenure is make more of the women’s division. I’ve signed Cheerleader Melissa and Sara Del Ray to developmental contracts and they’re in OVW even as we speak. Also, I managed to sign Scott Commodity, TJ Wilson, and Dan Maff to developmental deals at OVW and re-signed Harry Smith there as well. I also signed Ace Steel and Colt Cabana to ECW and added a TV title to ECW.” [B]A.C.:[/B] “It sounds like you’ve been extremely busy. What’s been your favorite feud or storyline going into Judgment Day?” [B]Mr. Joose:[/B] “Well, I’m pleased with everything I’ve booked. Overall, I mean, but if I had to pick one…anything with Edge. He challenges Ken Kennedy for the Money-in-the-Bank contract at Judgment Day, and I think he just may be the top heel in the company at the moment.” [B]A.C.:[/B] “Now, you have your first upcoming Pay-Per-View: Judgment Day, and let me run through the card real quick, because it’ll actually illustrate my point. You have a Money-in-the-Bank Contract Match between Ken Kennedy and Canada’s own Edge. Deuce & Domino vs. the Hooliganz for the WWE Tag titles. The Hardy’s defend their World tag titles against Cade & Murdoch. Melina vs. Mickie James for the Women’s title. Santino Marella defends the Intercontinental title against Kenny Dykstra. Edmonton’s own Chris Benoit will defend his US title against Montel Vontavious Porter, better known as M.V.P. There will be a fatal-four way for the ECW Heavyweight title between Vince McMahon, Shane McMahon, Umaga, and Bobby Lashley. The Undertaker defends the WWE World title against Batista, while John Cena defends the WWE title against Shawn Michaels. That’s nine matches, and eight of them are title matches! And as you’ve said previously, you’re adding a T.V. title to ECW. Do you feel there’s an over-saturation of title belts?” [B]Mr. Joose:[/B] “Well…it’s tough. As you know, by Vincent’s decree, our Pay-Per-Views feature all three brands: Raw, Smackdown!, and ECW. So it’s this huge juggling act that I’ve inherited. I personally don’t feel the problem is that there are too many title belts. Rather, I feel the problem is not doing brand exclusive pay-per-views. For the record, I do have a bit of…trepidation having so many title matches on a single pay-per-view. But sometimes in life, you just have to roll with the punches, and play the cards you’ve been dealt. As long as the belts don’t lose their meaning, their prestige, I think we can make it all work. I meet with all the McMahons on a regular basis, so we’ll see how things turn out in the coming weeks.” [B]A.C.: [/B]“So, I read a couple of rumors from the so-called “dirt sheets”… [B]Mr. Joose[/B] [I](chuckling):[/I] “Oh no, not those…” [B]A.C.:[/B] “Relax, I just wanted your thoughts on them. You can decline to answer if you’d like.” [B]Mr. Joose:[/B] “Okay, go ahead.” [B]A.C.:[/B] “Let’s see here…Santino Marella is not exactly the most popular guy around, and he may lose his title and be sent to OVW soon.” [B]Mr. Joose:[/B] “Santino is a wonderful gentleman, a wonderful human being, and a wonderful champion, in my opinion. As for his push or being sent to OVW, you can rest assured that whatever we, the booking team decide to do will be in his best interest as well as WWE’s. [B]A.C.:[/B] “There’s an upcoming feud between ‘La Resistance’ and Regal & Taylor. Your thoughts?” [B]Mr. Joose:[/B] “I think the fans will really like what they do. It’ll be very funny, a lot of comedy is involved, playing off the stereotypes of the British and the French.” [B]A.C.:[/B] “There are rumors floating around that Kane is unhappy with his upper-midcard status, wanting a main event push. Is this true?” [B]Mr. Joose:[/B] “I think the company and I are concerned about his ability to carry a brand, but we don’t mean that in an offensive way. We love Kane, and respect everything he’s contributed to us and the business. Personally, I think it’s less about status, and more about the way he’s been booked before I got there. Give it some time, because I have some great ideas for him and his character.” [B]A.C.:[/B] “Is it true that Sabu has been constantly late to events?” [B]Mr. Joose:[/B] “Yes, that is true, and I’m not sure what we’ll do about it. I’m meeting with him after Judgment Day, so we’ll see what happens then.” [B]A.C.:[/B] “Now, here’s another item: your annual Summerslam Pay-Per-View will be held in another country. Maybe in Canada?” [B]Mr. Joose:[/B] “No, not Canada unfortunately. Now this I can 100% verify, and you can consider this to be a major exclusive, since no one else knows about this. [B]A.C.:[/B] “You heard it first right here folks, an exclusive from the head booker of the WWE right here on ‘Off the Record’!” [B]Mr. Joose:[/B] “That’s right! This year, WWE Summerslam will be held at Wembley Stadium in London to mark the 15th anniversary of it being held their in 1992. I actually attended that event. I was 13 years old, 10 rows back from the ring. It was just an amazing night. As you may recall, the British Bulldog, Davey Boy Smith, defeated Bret ‘Hitman’ Hart for the Intercontinental title in a great match, and I’m really looking forward to the event being held in, well, my neck of the woods.” [B]A.C.:[/B] “Any special plans for Harry Smith, Davey Boy’s son at Summerslam?” [B]Mr. Joose:[/B] “Whatever plans we may have, you can rest assured that this year’s WWE Summerslam will be one of the best ever.” [B]A.C.:[/B] “Well, your next immediate pay-per-view is WWE Judgment Day, this weekend. Now, watching the latest RAW, there seems to be some unrest going into the fatal four way match for the ECW World title. Anything you’d like to share about that?” [B]Mr. Joose:[/B] “Well, for those that missed it, during the last RAW, Vincent gave the ECW World title to Umaga, who used it to attack Shawn Michaels. But what’s interesting is that after the attack, Umaga refused to give the title back to Vincent. Vincent had to grab the title off him, and the two actually stared each other down.” [B]A.C.:[/B] “A face turn for Umaga?” [B]Mr. Joose:[/B] “You’ll just have to watch to find out.” [B]A.C.:[/B] “Well, Mr. Joose, you’ve been a great guest, and I, well actually Michael Landsberg, will look forward to having you back on the program again. Any final words?” [B]Mr. Joose:[/B] “Well, we have a very special contest going on. I managed to convince Vincent that fan interaction is extremely important, so we have a special contest available at WWE.com. If you go to the site right now, you can go ahead and predict the winners for every match at WWE Judgment Day. The person whose predictions are closest wins the contest, and gets to pick the number one contender for any title of their choosing!” [B]A.C.:[/B] “That’s an incredible prize!” [B]Mr. Joose:[/B] “Well, I’d like to think so. A.C., it was my pleasure.” [B]A.C.:[/B] “Likewise; thank you for coming on the program. You can read more about Mr. Joose at his blog [url= http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showthread.php?t=23241]here.[/url] Also, you can order WWE Judgment Day on Pay-Per-View this weekend. It sounds like an exciting card, and I’m looking forward to watching. I’m A.C. Tarus, and you’ve been watching “Off the Record.”

[CENTER][IMG]http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s59/Wallbanger1071/InThisCorner.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] [CENTER][FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][SIZE=5]In This Corner: Spotlight on IPW[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][SIZE=5]Who is coming to Night of Death??[/SIZE][/FONT][/CENTER] [LEFT][FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium]All right guys -- you've seen the teaser for [URL="http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showpost.php?p=237221&postcount=19"]IPW Night of Death[/URL] and it says that the Altar Boys have a third partner who is a former US and Tag Champion who will debut against the "scary hooded figure stable". Now that makes for some interesting speculation: I've not seen ANYTHING in the usual places on this so we're left to figure it out for ourselves. So who are some wrestlers that fit that description, and how likely is it that they are coming to West St. Paul?[/FONT][/LEFT] [LEFT][FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][B][I]Tajiri:[/I][/B] US Champ in '01, Tag Champ (w/William Regal) in '05. Since Nick has already debued one Japanese star, it is certainly possible that he would bring another in. Green mist for teh win![/FONT][/LEFT] [LEFT][FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium]Likelihood of this being the guy: 6 (out of 10)[/FONT][/LEFT] [LEFT][FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][B][I]Chris Kanyon:[/I][/B] US Champ in '01, Tag Champ (w/DDP) also in '01. Also a possibility, but I have no clue where he's been or what he's done recently.[/FONT][/LEFT] [FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium]Likelihood of this being the guy: 4 (out of 10)[/FONT] [FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][B][I]Dustin Rhodes/Golddust:[/I][/B] 2-time US Champ in '93, Tag Champ (w/Booker T) in '02. While it fits the description, it ain't happening -- IPW is too hardcore and too small for someone like Dustin to bother with.[/FONT] [FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium]Likelihood of this being the guy: 1 (out of 10) (and that's being generous!!)[/FONT] [FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][B][I]Terry Funk:[/I][/B] US Champ in '00, Tag Champ (w/Mick Foley/Cactus Jack) in '98. GOD, this would be cool if it were true. But the guy is like what, 50 years old by now?? It would be a great fit and he could be a valuable mentor to some of these guys. I really really hope this is it, but I'm skeptical.[/FONT] [FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium]Likelihood of this being the guy: 3 (out of 10)[/FONT] [FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium]Now, I've also heard that one of the hooded figures has an 'E pedigree as well and is a former Euro champ and Tag champ. Again, no source other than me overhearing a conversation at King of the Deathfights, so this could be completely bogus. BUT, my mind started to spin when I heard this...[/FONT] [LIST] [*][FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium]Former Euro and Tag champ[/FONT] [*][FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium]Someone who is comfortable in the "stable member" role, like nWo and DX[/FONT] [*][FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium]Someone who would be local to the Twin Cities and could make shows easily[/FONT][/LIST][FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium]That adds up to one guy -- Minneapolis native [B][I]Sean Waltman, or X-Pac[/I][/B]!! This would give IPW instant credibility, especially in the Cities. Again, this would be so cool if it turns out to be the case![/FONT] [FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium]Now there are a handful of other folks who could fit the "former Euro and Tag champ" as well -- [B][I]Spike Dudley, Crash Holly, Christian[/I][/B], and [B][I]Test [/I][/B]come to mind. Any of them would be a good fit for IPW, and if any of them are in the mix, they would be cool too. But man, I hope it's X-Pac!![/FONT] [FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium]Anyway, that's just my two cents. Half of it (or all of it, possibly) is completely wrong, but the only way to know for sure is to head down to Night of Death at the West St. Paul Armory![/FONT] [LEFT][FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium]Check out IPW: REALizing the Dream at [URL]http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showthread.php?t=23368[/URL][/FONT][/LEFT]

I'm thinking it would be good to have a separate thread for the actual ITC posts as well. I almost went ahead and started it with this last post for Nick, but decided to defer to Oldschool. If he does start a clean thread, I'll cross-post the two writeups I've done there.

[IMG]http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/5/55/Black-wildebeest-aka-gnu.jpg[/IMG] [SIZE="4"]All are welcome to do ITC work on [B]The FORCE of the WARRIOR[/B] diary although the words contained within may be beyond the understanding of the most crazed wildebeest running through the heart of the jungle but still count The FORCE WARRIORS in![/SIZE] [url]http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showthread.php?t=23534[/url]

I'm going to go ahead and start a new thread for ITC articles. We can still use this thread for hooking up columnists with diaries (hint hint nudge nudge -- it would be a really cool thing if folks who are looking to have articles written on their diaries also volunteer to write an article on someone elses -- this whole concept is based on mutual support) EDIT: I went ahead and crossposted my two articles for Nick to the articles thread, and would encourage the others who have put up articles on this thread to do so as well, so we have one thread with all the articles in it.

I would offer my services in doing some ITC writing but just about got time to do me diary posts as it is at the moment, sorry, maybe in future though. Anyway like many others have said, if anyone wants to take my diary apart, then by all means go for it. :)

• 2 weeks later...
I'm gonna have to agree with you Clarity. My WWE Diary is about 6 shows in I have booked so far, and I have a great idea for a storyline. Seeing as how it's a WWE Diary though, I won't get anyone following til about 2 years in.

Archived