ITC: A journalistic approach to diaries

I also think one stop shopping will be great. And I'd like to throw my diary out their as well to someone who is interested. Im really just getting it off the ground but I can only imagine the kinds of things a writer could say about a bunch of no talent hacks trying to push a backyard federation... should be humors to say the least.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Itc: (may) Nwa: Return To Glory [IMG]http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d43/cpevans31/InThisCorner.jpg[/IMG] we have the: [IMG]http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d43/cpevans31/NWAlogo.gif[/IMG] [B]NWA: Return To Glory by Wildfire[/B] [COLOR="Red"]Taking a quick roll call of Champions:[/COLOR] [IMG]http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d43/cpevans31/BryanDanielson1.jpg[/IMG] [B][U]Bryan Danielson NWA/ROH Unified World Champion[/U][/B] Danielson defeated D'Lo Brown at Showdown 6 Jan 6 (Diary date) in a ROH/NWA unification bout...ROH recently closed its doors and many talents had been signed up by the NWA, however Danielson has really been the only one to have any success in the NWA... Some thoughts are that Danielson may just be a transitional champion as the strap was put on him, because D'Lo had decided to pursue other interests in Japan and Danielson is set to face off against the very over Mr. Wrestling III at Showdown 7. [B][U]"Best In The World" Mark & Jay Briscoe NWA/ROH Unified Tag Team Champions[/U][/B] The Briscoes have been a dominant tag team in the NWA since their arrival, winning their straps back in August (Diary time) in a tournament over the Maximos...And recently at Showdown 6, defeated the team of ROH champions Jack Evans & Davey Richards to unify those titles...Their doesn't seem like there is any end in sight to the dominant reign on the tag titles, although the tag team situation is really beginning to heat up with the addition of "he Blonde Bomber" Chad & Tank Toland, the return of "Monsters Of The Mat" from Japan (Matt Bloom & Matt Weise)... The debut of The "New Age Invaders" Aaron Aguilara & Joey Munoz, as well as The Extreme Horsemen, The SAT and Team Punishment [B][U]Tito Ortiz NWA North American Heavyweight Champion[/U][/B] Ortiz defeated Chris Hero for the NA strap back on Nov 4, 2006 from Chris Hero...Ortiz was one of the NWA major signings at its inception and truly has made his mark with what looks like may be a dominant title run...He is certainly adding credibility to the North American title in comparison to Chris Hero's, what one could say was a cowardly reign as champ...Ortiz defeated Roderick Strong in :47 seconds at Showdown 6 in a unification of the ROH Pure/NWA NA titles ---------------------------------------------------------------------- [B][SIZE="5"][U][COLOR="red"]Whats Hot![/COLOR][/U][/SIZE][/B] [B]MMA Crossovers[/B]: Tito Ortiz is proving to be a dominant North American Champion, Daniel Puder made a nice run against D'Lo Brown for the World Title and still seems to be on track for a title run in the near future, as we've seen some playful kidding between himself and Ortiz that could eventually turn into a storyline...Andrei Arlovski has quietly played "the Enforcer" role in team Punishmnet and now we have seen the debut of Renato "Babalu" Sobral [B]Masked Wrestlers[/B]: Mr. Wrestling III & The Patriot respect feud which saw them go from allies to opponents to a mutual respect, didn't give the fans the ultimate payoff, in that their identities were revealed, however they did continue to build their characters and it will make for an even bigger payoff, down the road if and when it ever happens...Wrestling III who has a tremendous win/loss record is set to take on Danielson at Showdown 7 for the Unified World Title and that match promises to be a scientific classic! The Patriot will participate in a 4 aces 4-way at Showdown 7 Texas Hold'em coming up very soon [B]Colt Cabana[/B]: Cabana is ready for a major push, he was aligned with D'Lo Brown and recently had what one may call an NWA upset victory over "The Extreme Enforcer" Masato Tanaka in televised match-up... Colts promos are some of the best in the NWA in recent months and now may be his time [B]Daizee Haze:[/B] She was the reason, why we saw such a violent feud between Chris Hero & Jimmy Rave as they battled for her love...Daizee went from the "Girl Next Door" to The B!tch across the Street" when in the middle of the bloody Rave/Hero match she called them to stop fighting and then had her "Blonde Bombers" Chad & Tank Toland come out and finish off both grapplers while Daizee proclaimed "Rave & Hero" were just a couple of losers [B]Lauren Jones:[/B] She gets a huge pop everytime she goes out before the main event to toss those T-shirts (somewhere in this diary there is a pic, she's hot!) [B][U][SIZE="5"][COLOR="red"]What's Not![/COLOR][/SIZE][/U][/B] [B]ROH Wrestlers[/B] : Besides Bryan Danielson, who came in winning the Unified Title...Roderick Strong not only lost his unification match to Tito Ortiz, he lost in :47 seconds, then the next TV taping lost in :43 seconds to "Babalu" Sobral... Richards & Evans are not capturing the fans attention as legitimate threats...and even Danielson will have to prove himself against the NWA elite [B]Extreme Horsemen[/B]: Masato Tanaka may be losing his edge as a main eventer... Julio Dinero was once an entertaing character has not been given the air time... It's time to see if Sterling Keenan can become the "Tully Blanchard" of this group or will he turn into the "Paul Roma" of the Extreme Horsemen... And Steve Corino, who still remains quite over in the NWA may be on the verge of a rivalry w/ Satoshi Kojima and Stan Hansen, both of which would keep him out of the title picture... [B]Elijah Burke[/B] Burke came in with a series of Great promo vignettes, but hasn't quite caught on yet in a prominent role... He seems as if he has "main event" potential, but question is will he live up to the hype [B]The British Invasion[/B]: The group of Doug Williams, Nigel McGuinness and Jody Fliesch have been put on the back burner as of late, all 3 are solid wrestlers but perhaps its their characters that just cant relate to the NWA fans... Williams is the 4 ace 4way, but our thoughts are that he is there just to add to the overall action in the match and is not comsidered a prime world title contender...McGuinness is stagnating in the mid card and we haven't seen Jody Fliesch in some time [B]La Parka[/B]: Brought in as a name to draw the fans, La Parka has turn into a glorified jobber, that cannot be happy with his role, our guess is that his NWA days are numbered. ------------------------------------------------------------------------- [B][SIZE="5"][COLOR="red"][U]Whats Ahead![/U][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B] Showdown 7 (PPV) is upcoming and is main evented by Mr. Wrestling III vs Bryan Danielson for "The American Dragon's" NWA/ROH World Title...It's possible that this could be a short reign for Danielson based on how over the ROH guys are not and III has the following, the respect level, the fighting spirit that the NWA wants its world champions to have... It is possible a III victory could take a rivalry with The Patriot to even higher levels as The Patriot is a combatant in a 4 way contest that will declare a new #1 contender... Look for the rise of Vampiro, who has been in some strange, yet mysterious vignettes over the past few weeks. We last saw Vampiro back in the fall defeated repeatedly by Mr. Wrestling III, which lead to him having a breakdown in the ring and disapear for awhile... His most recent vignette had him digging his own grave and setting it on fire... Looks like we may be in store for a more violent/arsonic Vampiro... I'd also look for more newcomers to arrive in the future, there are alot of talented ROH performers looking for jobs...could we be seeing a Claudio Castagnali, a Matt Sydal, a Delirious, a BJ Whitmer working their way to the NWA... Also the possibility of call-ups from the dark matches exists with Ricky Banderas, who seems to have a pretty unique character and could fit in well with the Vampiro act (based on WSX days) We've seen some promo pictures from Showdown 8, and judging by the title, I think we are going to see a historic "oldschool" NWA match brought back, that would bring about a violent, bloody, battle, which may just be a bit conduscive to seeing the return of Stan Hansen to the ring !?!?! Until next month this OldSchool giving you 411 on [B]NWA: Return To GLory[/B] with [B][SIZE="5"]"IN THIS CORNER"[/SIZE][/B] [SIZE="2"]for more information on the NWA: Return To Glory[/SIZE] [URL="http://greydogsoftware.com/forum/showthread.php?t=14123"]http://greydogsoftware.com/forum/showthread.php?t=14123[/URL]

[QUOTE=Wallbanger;236212]I like it! Do you want there to be a consistent look and feel to the ITC posts or can correspondents take some creative liberties as long as the key points are communicated and the diary is plugged/linked?[/QUOTE] I'd say let the creative juices flow...It could only give other writers ideas... Now lets hope we can get as many writers as diary authors volunteering... We all would love feedback, so hopefully we could all give a little

Oh and for the record, I'm open to considering folks who might like to be a correspondent for Generations, my NOTBPW diary. Psst, Actarus, I'd love to take that Wallbanger radio cameo you did and spin it into a Ultimate Force Wrestling ITC. Pretty please?? :)

as much as my diary isn't exactly good, if anyone wants to have a go with that, then that would be great. This idea is actually really good, not only would it help people that have just joined and may not want to browse through 50+ pages, it also gives the writers a different kind of feedback. Great idea Oldschool :)

Fantastic work OldSchool although one small correction. The Best in the World, Jay and Mark Briscoe defeated Julio Dinero and Trent Acid for the straps in the tournament finals. You might have confused that with the classic three match series with the SAT that followed their title win. Also feel free to contact the NWA offices. We normally don't grant interviews to the wrestling press but perhaps we could secure you one with Rip Rogers or Don Callis from the booking committee. :)

This is a really good idea, and could also add some more realism to the diaries as well. If anyone fancies doing [URL="http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showthread.php?t=23241"]this bad boy[/URL] then I'd really appreciate it.

[CENTER][IMG]http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s59/Wallbanger1071/InThisCorner.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] [CENTER][FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][SIZE=5]In This Corner: Spotlight on IPW[/SIZE][/FONT][/CENTER] [LEFT][FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium]The Twin Cities has a long and proud history of professional wrestling, not just in producing great top-tier talent, but also a solid indy scene. While the business has seen its share of ups and downs in the land of 10,000 lakes, a promising new chapter in that history has been unfolding over the past few months over at the West St. Paul armory -- the IPW![/FONT][/LEFT] [LEFT][FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][SIZE=4]Current IPW Champions:[/SIZE][/FONT][/LEFT] [LEFT][FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][SIZE=3]IPW Universal Champion:[/SIZE][/FONT] [IMG]http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s59/Wallbanger1071/ArikCannon.jpg[/IMG] [FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium]Arik Cannon[/FONT][/LEFT] [LEFT][FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium]Cannon is a solid performer in the midwest indy scene and it's cool to see him with a new title! Though I gotta tell you, that championship match he had with...damn, I can't remember his name now, but he had that whole 80's Power and Paint thing going...anyway, that match was just crazy![/FONT][/LEFT] [LEFT][FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][SIZE=3]IPW Tag Team Champions:[/SIZE][/FONT][/LEFT] [LEFT][FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][SIZE=3]Title Vacant![/SIZE][/FONT][/LEFT] [LEFT][FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium]Though not for lack of trying! Every title match they've had has been interrupted by this stable of hooded figures. But the tag scene in the IPW looks promising, with teams like The Northstar Express, the Alter Boyz, and even the Bushwhackers! Man, I didn't even know Luke and Butch were still around, but they're still fun to watch![/FONT][/LEFT] [LEFT][FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][SIZE=3]IPW Impact Invitational 2007 (Tournament Title)[/SIZE][/FONT][/LEFT] [LEFT][IMG]http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s59/Wallbanger1071/NigelMcGuinness2.jpg[/IMG][/LEFT] [LEFT][FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium]"BRILLIANT!" Nigel McGuinnes[/FONT][/LEFT] [LEFT][FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium]The Brilliant one beat Bryan Danielson in the finals of the inaugural Impact Invitational, the IPW's most recent event.[/FONT][/LEFT] [LEFT][FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][SIZE=4]The Rundown: What's Hot, What's Not[/SIZE][/FONT][/LEFT] [LEFT][FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium]I think you have to be impressed with the level of talent that IPW is able to put together on what is little more than a backyarder's budget -- hopefully as they get a little more exposure they'll be able to add to their roster and put together some longer shows.[/FONT][/LEFT] [LEFT][FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium]That being said, one thing I notice is that it just seems like these guys are thrown together and pretty much working off the cuff -- there doesn't seem to be a lot of chemistry in the ring -- to be fair, again, look to that budget and the fact that you've got a lot of young guys in there. Over time, I bet this will improve, though.[/FONT][/LEFT] [LEFT][FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium]If you live in the Cities, you could do worse than to spend an evening over in West St. Paul checking out the IPW! They're small now, but with general manager Nick at the helm, they won't be small for long![/FONT][/LEFT] [LEFT][FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium]--Wallbanger[/FONT][/LEFT] [LEFT][FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium]Check out IPW: REALizing the Dream at [URL]http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showthread.php?t=23368[/URL][/FONT][/LEFT]

I hope that worked: I'm not that knowledgable about the indy scene, so I wasn't really able to add that 'smarky' touch to it. But I do like Nick's diary: straightforward, to the point, gotta feel for his bad luck with chemistry, and a FOOORCE! cameo.

[QUOTE=Wallbanger;236228]Oh and for the record, I'm open to considering folks who might like to be a correspondent for Generations, my NOTBPW diary. Psst, Actarus, I'd love to take that Wallbanger radio cameo you did and spin it into a Ultimate Force Wrestling ITC. Pretty please?? :)[/QUOTE] Oh fine, I'll get right on it. I'll work on it while watching Smackdown tonight. And great job on the IPW write up. Now go and update your NOTBPW dynasty ;) ;) EDIT: I'll volunteer writing a FEW. Just PM me or post here to let me know. First come, first serve basis. If there are any specific points you'd like me to cover, or a format you want me to follow, you have to let me know that too; otherwise, I'm just going to do my thing.

[QUOTE=Oldschool;236559]I see we have alot of authors volunteering their diaries, BUT, do we have any writers volunteering their time to write: It would me nice:rolleyes:[/QUOTE]Urt31 said he was going to be doing one for my TNA diary!

[quote=Actarus;236622]Oh fine, I'll get right on it. I'll work on it while watching Smackdown tonight. And great job on the IPW write up. Now go and update your NOTBPW dynasty ;) ;) EDIT: I'll volunteer writing a FEW. Just PM me or post here to let me know. First come, first serve basis. If there are any specific points you'd like me to cover, or a format you want me to follow, you have to let me know that too; otherwise, I'm just going to do my thing.[/quote] I do need to get this week's Championship Wrestling written up, but it will have to be later tonight, I'm being drug off to a graduation party. Oh, and just to be clear, I was asking to write for you (UFW), not vice versa, but if you really do want to write one for mine that would be cool! I will PM you some tidbits when I get back tonight.

[QUOTE=Actarus;236622] I'll volunteer writing a FEW. Just PM me or post here to let me know. First come, first serve basis. If there are any specific points you'd like me to cover, or a format you want me to follow, you have to let me know that too; otherwise, I'm just going to do my thing.[/QUOTE] I'd like to put mine forward to you if thats ok.... Its only been going just under two weeks.. I know its abit basic but then if you want to have a kinda free reign on "behind the scenes" stuff then be my guest. Only specific point I'd like covered is hyping Judgement Day, which I should have done by Monday at the latest. Apart from that, do your own thing and many thanks [URL="http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showthread.php?t=23241"]LINKY-WOO[/URL]

[QUOTE=Wallbanger;236628]I do need to get this week's Championship Wrestling written up, but it will have to be later tonight, I'm being drug off to a graduation party. Oh, and just to be clear, I was asking to write for you (UFW), not vice versa, but if you really do want to write one for mine that would be cool! I will PM you some tidbits when I get back tonight.[/QUOTE] Oh...silly me! :o Yes, absolutely, it'd be an honor to have you write one for UFW! The only guideline I have is...well, actually, go nuts. You have free reign! I mean, it's Jim Force for God's sake! :p Yeah, I'll write yours up, if you don't mind. I look forward to your bullet points. Joose: I'll have yours done by this weekend, so you can have it before your Monday show. That's two for me, and thus: requests officially closed. That was fast...

Archived