ITC: A journalistic approach to diaries

[B][SIZE="4"]In this Corner or ITC [/SIZE][/B] as I'd like to call it, is a concept, that I've been thinking about... That could be a nice added touch to these boards... Basically, my thought process is there are so many gifted writers and concepts going here, that sometimes it becomes impossible to keep up with the going ons in each's diaries...Not to mention, that sometimes some of the diaries get so long, that one may avoid following because they dont want to have to read through 30 pages that get up to speed... In addition , I actually get so wrapped up in some diaries that I prefer to read and follow, more so than playing the game and writing my own So my idea is this, perhaps and with permission of the diary writer... We as avid readers, take on the roll of a journalist and comment on the RECENT on-goings in anothers diary the we may be a die-hard follower of... You can take an Apter Magazine (kayfabe approach) or a Meltzer/ Keller insiders approach.. I'd suggest that you update accordingly and keep comments respectful of any of any of the diary writers requests... Perhaps the diary writer himself could even leek some pertinet information (contracts expiring, negotiations, upcoming events) to you that they'd to make public, but perhaps like to keep their kayfabe writing approach in their diaries... Anyways, I thought that this concept could provide the following... 1. An update of whats going on in a diary, so that the writers don't have to break their current format... This could be especially beneficial to long on-going diaries 2. A forum for feedback 3. A place where readers can get quicker information about diaries, which may in turn, turn them onto reading and following a new diary 4. A place wherereaders can simulate their journalistic wrestling passion in addition to their booking and writing passions 5. Something else, that at least to me seems fun to do [B][SIZE="5"]Thoughts??????????????[/SIZE][/B] [B]and For the Record, if he doesn't mind...I'd like to do updates of Wildfire's NWA Return To Glory Diary[/B]

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sounds like a good idea. I incorporate that into my LFC diary (with PWBuzz.com) since those entries are usually much easier to write than the shows (for me). I can do 12 "flavor" entries in the time it takes to write and format one show, for example. Great idea though! :)

It's an intruiging idea, actually. I would be supportive of it on either end. In my diary game I'm ahead by a few weeks and this would be a neat vehicle to put out some teaser info and generate buzz. On the other side, it would be fun to help call attention to folks who deserve some additional hype. This is already happening somewhat informally in a few diaries (Mark Cuban does DAVE comes to mind), and I think it adds to the flavor of the diary. Of course, everyone has their own opinions and can participate (or not) as they choose.

I like the idea, can't complain about this at all. I've always tried to encourage people to be smarky within my diaires if they wish and I'd be happy to send a "smark2 my game files if they wanted some insider information on what may be going down around the world. Would certainly be fun to have other people contributing more to diaries as it would help keep the creativity flowing for all involved. :) Derek B - I liked something... SWERVE!

I like this idea alot... I would love to see "SPOILER" type writings, and different inside view's of the happenings of what's going on in our Diary community. And your absolutely right about seeing so many pages, and going... No way can I catch up to what this guy is doing. I Like this idea ALOT.

I don't really know if there are many people who'd have a problem with their diary being covered, but I'm fine if anyone wants to give my HGC diary the ITC treatment. I've had to knuckle down at work lately causing a delay in progressing it too far, but I hope to have it back on track soon enough and once that's running smoothly, hopefully I can contribute from the other side as well.

Seems like we've entered 'ringing endorsement' territory here. :) So a couple of clarifying questions (somewhat directed at Oldschool, as he first proposed the idea, but anyone can chime in): How do we want to organize ITC posts? Do we want one master ITC thread with links back to the original diaries, or separate ITC threads for each diary? I tend to think that 'one stop shopping' would be preferable as it would expose the reader to multiple diaries at once; also, a single thread keeps more actual diaries in the first few pages. How to get ITC 'correspondents' hooked up with diaries? Just leave it up to folks to volunteer and connect with diaries directly, or should we set up some kind of clearinghouse (i.e. a thread that lets diary writers put their diary up for a correspondent and for correspondents to let folks know they are available? Just a couple of thoughts to bring this another step closer to reality.

I'd think that we should just use the one thread, like you said you do your one-stop shopping and not to take away from diaries on the first page.. I think it would be great if people just volunteer... I'm a huge mark for NWA: Return To Glory, so I will begin writing an ITC for this now...This is obviously the first one and a first draft, so hopefully all goes well. As soon as other writers join in, they can supply more and more ideas of how this project can work

I would go with having it all in one thread. Have on writer assigned to each dystany whos author is willing to join in. When there is some news have the author send it to the journalist who can then report it. They can also do "breakdowns" of shows from a PWI point of view, with star ratings and the such-like, commentaries and the occasional interview with a star. Have it run just as though it is a news website with the journalists each having a header that they use, a link to the diary adn then whatever the main post is. It sounds like a great idea and I can't wait for it to get started.

Archived