Diary Sub Folder needed!

With the EXPLOSION of diaries I think it would be very helpful if there was a subfolder in the Dynasties Folder for C-Verse/Ficitional Diaries and one for Real World Diaries. Yes I know all of you could probably think of 100 other sub folders we could use but this simple break up would be a easy way to help sort through everything on the boards. It is to the point that I almost don't even read stuff anymore because I can not find anything...heck I can barely find the diary that I am writing! Thoughts?

I was thinking about the situation the other day, I wondered about having a sub forum where you post your new diary, then once it becomes clear that the author is sticking with it, it gets moved up to the main forum. But then that's pretty much similar and just means the second forum will be overly populated :D Is very overcrowded though.

[QUOTE=Sensai of Mattitude;236188]I'm totally not sure because I know nothing about it, but I think this would have the same risk as Adam pinning a real world diary of the month (which was discussed in the What Are You Reading thread).[/QUOTE] As long as he doesn't label is WWE diaries then it would work. I would just suggest using something like C-Verse and then Historical or Modern or something of that nature. I probably should have asked someone else to suggest this idea since Adam is not a big fan of my suggestions/ideas but perhaps he can look past the messanger on this one. Please give the people what they want!!!! :D

[QUOTE=MaxxHexx;236242]I like just one as I can then look at one page once a day and see if any I read were updated...[/QUOTE] That would work if all of the diaries you read were on one page but that is not going to happen since there are about 3-4 pages worth of active diaries which means you must view several pages. Again the sub folder would make things easier for you and save you search time. We all win!

this idea would be ok, but I really don't need it. to keep from having to go through multiple pages I just add the diary/other thread to my subscription list and work from there most of the time. But again I spend enough time updating diaries and other threads that I live on this site.

[QUOTE=DocStevens;236271]That would work if all of the diaries you read were on one page but that is not going to happen since there are about 3-4 pages worth of active diaries which means you must view several pages. Again the sub folder would make things easier for you and save you search time. We all win![/QUOTE] Either way, all of the active diaries would take up the same amount of space.

I'd also like to see some kind of split between the two as I generally only read Cornellverse diaries for any period of time. Seperating diaries into Cornellverse and Other would distinguish between them pretty well, although with the Cornellverse mods coming out soon seemingly, I'm not sure if Adam would quite approve of this. Derek B

[QUOTE=Sensai of Mattitude;236280]Either way, all of the active diaries would take up the same amount of space.[/QUOTE] But they would be broken into two different folders so more of them would appear on the front page and it would be easier to find what you are looking for plus you would be able to break it up between C-Verse and Other so if you only like C-Verse (which MANY people do) then you would be able to just randomly pick a diary to read in that subfolder and know that it is C-Verse.

Archived