Guest Hamsalad
[QUOTE=KCutm2002;243135]Is there a way to turn the "Death" feature off or edit it if it happens? I think it's kind of not good.[/QUOTE] Death is not good. But it is a part of life that we all must cope with. :(

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[quote=Ghetto Anthony;243283]I'm still mourning over the death of Mark Henry in my TEW game... Great talent.[/quote] :eek: You must be devastated. Let me guess you had Coach has his manager and you pushed him all the way to the main event and as you where about to have Batista vs Mark Henry main event Summerslam he passed away? Oh wait you only push Batista vs Mark Henry feuds that end at Summerslam in our multiplayer games.

[QUOTE=david2006efc;243284]:eek: You must be devastated. Let me guess ou had Coach has his manager and you pushed him all the way to the main event and as you where about to have Batista vs Mark Henry main event Summerslam he passed away? Oh wait you only push Batista vs Mark Henry feuds that end at Summerslam in our multiplayer games.[/QUOTE] Hey. That would have been the MOTY.

A combination of Cornell, DOTT and the current roster. Except for the oldtimers did the following people passed away (mostly OD'd): Dynamite Kid, Davey Boy Smith, Dino Bravo, Olympia, Billy Jack Haynes, Adrian Adonis, Montgomery Van, Sessua Kawata and Humberto Garza.

Kurt Angle and Rob Van Dam both died at the end of November 2007. It sucked for me because Kurt was my champion and RVD was gonna main event the next PPV against him. My two most popular stars were dead, plus my title was vacant. Kurt didn't shock me too much as his physical shape was horrible. RVD, however, was a different story. He was a year younger than Kurt and was in great physical shape.

[QUOTE=TeemuFoundation;243359]Yes. But that's kind of.. lame.[/QUOTE] But isn't it a bit lame when guys like Kurt Angle or Rob Van Dam are dying on the game? I mean, guys who probably aren't going to die at the time the game kills them?? I want realism, and well, that's not real.

well that has more to do with the guys from T-Zone not understanding the drug use ticker. You're not likely to die from smoking pot. But you ARE likely to die from doing crack-cocaine, or heroine. Drugs like estacy, etc. Drug use ticker is for people with avid drug use problems. Like when Pillman was addicted to pain killers and other **** and wound up killing himself.

[QUOTE=KCutm2002;243395]But isn't it a bit lame when guys like Kurt Angle or Rob Van Dam are dying on the game? I mean, guys who probably aren't going to die at the time the game kills them?? I want realism, and well, that's not real.[/QUOTE] I bet you would've said that about Guerrero days before he died. I agree with Rob Van Dam (and even that's not a problem with the game, just the modder's judgement on when the Drug Usage box should be ticked) but Kurt Angle is somebody who - while I'd never put money on him dying (because that's really mean, plus the odds would be stacked against anybody dying unless they had a disease) - could potentially be one of the wrestling business' next drug-related deaths.

[QUOTE=Michael Wayne;243399]well that has more to do with the guys from T-Zone not understanding the drug use ticker. You're not likely to die from smoking pot. But you ARE likely to die from doing crack-cocaine, or heroine. Drugs like estacy, etc. Drug use ticker is for people with avid drug use problems. Like when Pillman was addicted to pain killers and other **** and wound up killing himself.[/QUOTE] RVD fair enough, although he has taken more than just pot in the past but Angle is addicted to all kinds of painkillers just to move out of a chair ffs, so if ticking him for drugs is not right, then ticking anyone fro drugs is not right

Okay, let's go back. The painkiller thing and cocaine. Jake Roberts has been using nose candy for 20 years and while I know his life is probaby shortened by it, who says he can't live another miserable 20 years? And Tom Billington (Dynamite Kid) among others was addicted to painkillers. Medication like that hurt his body no doubt, but he's survived it. That's my point is that the game is too random at this and unrealistic.

Jake Roberts should've been dead ten years ago, any sane doctor will tell you that! ;) It's supposed to be random no one can tell the future, no one could have foreseen the many random deaths we've witnessed. I won't mention names but I can think of one especially that took me by total suprise.

[QUOTE=KCutm2002;243573]Okay, let's go back. The painkiller thing and cocaine. Jake Roberts has been using nose candy for 20 years and while I know his life is probaby shortened by it, who says he can't live another miserable 20 years? And Tom Billington (Dynamite Kid) among others was addicted to painkillers. Medication like that hurt his body no doubt, but he's survived it. That's my point is that the game is too random at this and unrealistic.[/QUOTE] Ok, but just because he did survive it, doesn't mean that there was no chance of him dying. I'll admit that the death rate in T-Zone is high, but that's not controllable - the game as made to fit the CornellVerse, which works perfectly, but in real life there's alot more people with drug problems than in the CornellVerse. With alot more people with the drug box checked, the death rate is bound to be alot higher. And if the death rate in general was made lower, deaths would be way too infrequent for the CornellVerse. It's a win-lose situation either way, really.

[QUOTE=KCutm2002;243573]Okay, let's go back. The painkiller thing and cocaine. Jake Roberts has been using nose candy for 20 years and while I know his life is probaby shortened by it, who says he can't live another miserable 20 years? And Tom Billington (Dynamite Kid) among others was addicted to painkillers. Medication like that hurt his body no doubt, but he's survived it. That's my point is that the game is too random at this and unrealistic.[/QUOTE] My argument is that the best way to simulate potential deaths is to have certain items (drug use, heavy drinking, old age) increase (but not guarantee) the chance of someone passing away. While this incorporates a random element, it also has a control to simulate reality. (Your own examples also back this theory up, as you yourself have just pointed out that there is an element of randomness to deaths - the fact that Jake is still alive despite the fact that he should be dead by all accounts, while other heavy drug users have passed away.) If your argument is that they should be less random, then I'd like to hear your proposal on how to accurately predict deaths - as if they are less random then, by definition, they must be more predictable. There is a simple test we can do to see whose method is better - you can give me the names of three wrestling personalities who you think will be the next to pass away, together with your reasons why, and if you're right then we'll know that your method is better and I can incorporate it into the game.

[QUOTE=KCutm2002;243573]Okay, let's go back. The painkiller thing and cocaine. Jake Roberts has been using nose candy for 20 years and while I know his life is probaby shortened by it, who says he can't live another miserable 20 years? And Tom Billington (Dynamite Kid) among others was addicted to painkillers. Medication like that hurt his body no doubt, but he's survived it. That's my point is that the game is too random at this and unrealistic.[/QUOTE] So is your argument that no one should die? Isn't that FAR less realistic than the way Adam has it set up now? One of the depressing truths about Pro Wrestling is that people die..young, many times...do we really need to go through and name the dozens of wrestlers who have passed away in the last few years far before their time? So unless you want a sort of fantasy land sim where nothing bad happens you aren't doing a good job of explaining how this system doesn't work.

[QUOTE]There is a simple test we can do to see whose method is better - you can give me the names of three wrestling personalities who you think will be the next to pass away, together with your reasons why, and if you're right then we'll know that your method is better and I can incorporate it into the game[/QUOTE] Hell, if he gets it right then he's got a pretty decent career as a fortune teller waiting for him!

[QUOTE=Adam Ryland;243594]My argument is that the best way to simulate potential deaths is to have certain items (drug use, heavy drinking, old age) increase (but not guarantee) the chance of someone passing away. While this incorporates a random element, it also has a control to simulate reality. (Your own examples also back this theory up, as you yourself have just pointed out that there is an element of randomness to deaths - the fact that Jake is still alive despite the fact that he should be dead by all accounts, while other heavy drug users have passed away.) If your argument is that they should be less random, then I'd like to hear your proposal on how to accurately predict deaths - as if they are less random then, by definition, they must be more predictable. There is a simple test we can do to see whose method is better - you can give me the names of three wrestling personalities who you think will be the next to pass away, together with your reasons why, and if you're right then we'll know that your method is better and I can incorporate it into the game.[/QUOTE] it's been my observation through save games that if someone has drug use or alcohol problem ticked in their profile, the AI pretty much has them doomed from the start. I'm not arguing the randomness of death in general in the game, as it makes for a surprise when Sabu passes away at his age. I mean, Scott Hall dies in everyone's game because he has alcohol ticked in his profile, yet his alcohol problem isn't any more severe than other people with alcohol problems, and really if you compare him to the everyday people who drink on a consistant basis, or party and get ****-faced, he's really rather normal. It's just adnormal for him because he's a pro wrestler and in the spotlight.

Wouldn't it make more sense if there were actual extremely rare random non-drug/age/wrestling related deaths/injuries, IE. plane/car/Boat/Parasailing/Motorcycle accidents (and some workers who would randomly survive, and either come back stronger than before [Ric Flair], retire altogether [Magnum TA] or have their looks brought down really low [Brutus Beefcake]) or what happened with Chris Adams "fooling around with acquaintances and getting shot", or, not to be morbid in the least right (and I am being genuine about that), but to just be a more realistic simulation game a really extremely rare Owen Hart case.

Archived