*sigh* Getting to National from Cult takes so long

i played GCG as cult for FIVE YEARS and finally broke national in 2012. yes, going national is a pain in the ass. however consider that going national is a MAJOR step in the history of a wrestling promotion because you can now get on major TV, land a larger PPV carrier and most importantly your workers will agree to written contracts. so i guess its such a huge deal that a) it should be hard to go national, and b) the effort that you must exhaust to go national is all worth it for the benefits you gain from going national

I equate it to levels in an RPG. For some people, getting to level 70 (Global) is the only reason they play World of Warcraft (TEW). Gaining new levels and getting cool new stuff is a huge part of the enjoyment they gain from it. And that's fine with me. However, for other people it's not the levels and the items they play it for, it's the quests, encounters and friendships they make. Levelling up and getting more powerful is obviously a good thing, but the journey is more fun than the destination. It's the same in TEW I guess. Some people play purely to get to Global and be the best wrestling promotion in the game (not that there's anything wrong with that, just saying..). While others play to develop the characters and storylines and create a world for themselves, not particularly caring who's the best. For me, it's not about the destination, or about putting on the absolute best card possible at the current moment, it's about the journey and telling stories. And for that, Dusty Bin is thankful ¬_¬ Growth and expansion is a slow process, TEW is about having fun on the way up. Because it's a long way to go if you're asking the driver "are we there yet" every show :p

[QUOTE=D-Lyrium;269761]Well yeah, but WoW illustrates the point better since more people will know what it is (and levelling up actually has a purpose in WoW, for a start ¬_¬). Let's not turn this into an RPG thread though :p[/QUOTE] I am still stuck on Diablo II for God's sake

Ive only just reached Cult.. so National is a distant dream for me.. its taken me 3 years to get to Cult (and even then I only pushed for Cult cause I wanted a better TV deal... im expecting at least another 3 years before going National is even feasible..

[QUOTE=D-Lyrium;269755]I equate it to levels in an RPG. For some people, getting to level 70 (Global) is the only reason they play World of Warcraft (TEW). Gaining new levels and getting cool new stuff is a huge part of the enjoyment they gain from it. And that's fine with me. However, for other people it's not the levels and the items they play it for, it's the quests, encounters and friendships they make. Levelling up and getting more powerful is obviously a good thing, but the journey is more fun than the destination. It's the same in TEW I guess. Some people play purely to get to Global and be the best wrestling promotion in the game (not that there's anything wrong with that, just saying..). While others play to develop the characters and storylines and create a world for themselves, not particularly caring who's the best. For me, it's not about the destination, or about putting on the absolute best card possible at the current moment, it's about the journey and telling stories. And for that, Dusty Bin is thankful ¬_¬ Growth and expansion is a slow process, TEW is about having fun on the way up. Because it's a long way to go if you're asking the driver "are we there yet" every show :p[/QUOTE] Good general analogy but it falls apart when you look deeper. In the case of a WoW, most of the "compelling content" is at the top range of levels (60-70) as it was in WoW's spiritual parent, EverQuest. That's not the case in TEW in my view, in that much of the best times are had at Cult level when you're scrapping and trying to scrape to National and dealing with the issues that come with not having exclusive workers. As others have mentioned, having your biggest stars stolen or refusing to re-sign because you made them TOO over, forces you to be a lot more creative with your booking and pushes. Seriously, enjoy Cult. You learn FAR more at that level than you do at any other because you HAVE to in order to make progress. When you're National, you sign whoever you want (just about) and if they don't work, you bury them or quit using them or trade them away or whatever. At Cult, it's not nearly as easy to do that (though it's easier to fire folks who aren't working out). And if you grow in a smart manner at Cult, you won't ever deal with the yo-yo effect of dropping in size after reaching National.

[QUOTE=D-Lyrium;269761]Well yeah, but WoW illustrates the point better since more people will know what it is (and levelling up actually has a purpose in WoW, for a start ¬_¬). Let's not turn this into an RPG thread though :p[/QUOTE] WOW is for people who want an easy game. Guild Wars on the other hand...

Archived