~1RC Version 1 Release~

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[QUOTE=Ransik;272034]Has anyone noticed how screwy the WWE is the first month? So far they signed Test, Goldust, Rick Steiner & Joey Mercury on 4 different days... and released them the very next day. What the heck?[/QUOTE] It happens in T-zone too. Chris Hero Mainly.

[QUOTE=tommytomlin;272045]And so the lesson today is don't release Version 1 of a mod yest ye be called dumb by sanctimonious tools.[/QUOTE] :) So I'm not the only one who learnt something. [B]Forlan,[/B] thanks for the feedback, we still value other peoples feedback just not ignorant people which I'm sorry to say you've proved yourself to be. I sent you 3 PM's before 1RC updating was done and you ignored every one so WTF?. Glad to see you're willing to help now :rolleyes: Maybe if you spent as much time learning how to actually[I] stat properly [/I]as you do commenting on this mod 1RC would never have had to of been made. One the main reasons it was made is because you'd never listen to people, hence 1RC being by the people for the people. Jealousy must really be a sore point for you dude. I've posted in the T-Zone thread a few times even defending your mod..... as wack as I think it is! Get a life mate..... outside of the indys ;) Everyone else, thanks for the feedback. I just woke up so me's a little grumpy.

Come on now, is this all really necessary? Carlito, your mod isn't perfect; forlan, as much work as you've put into yours, it isn't either (need I point out GQ Gallo, the man who was formerly called Ghostwalker but changed his gimmick several years ago?). There is no need to be throwing stones here, if you find something to be in error in a mod, point it out! There's no need to snipe at each other. :)

I never said this mod was perfect, far from it. When someone comes into this thread and starts it, I'm all too happy to finish. I've worked on this mod for the enjoyment of everyone at GDS..... not the jealous little bitchy whiny mod makers who seem paranoid at any other releases.

Vlad's right. We don't need a T-Zone vs. 1RC fight in a thread where the work is supposed to go. We all want this one and T-Zone, and we are all gratefull. Let's not let trivial stuff handicap are potential. Just take it with a grain of salt right now, because no one is going to pay attention to the insults as much as the details that are in the mod itself. Everyone is reading the same thing, no one is blind here.

Just wanted to say that I like this mod because the number of workers and companies seems more in line with the number in the default db. Just more managable over-all. I do honestly think the stats for the bigger US companies are more accurate in this mod than in TZone's. But it clearly seems like there's a division betwwen the 'casual fans' who want an easier, more playable mod and the more hardcore fans who just really want more data and more accuracy. I'm sure there's enoough of both types of fans to support both mods.

I probably won't start a game with this until V2, so that means I probably won't be playing much TEW until V2 :( (with exception to War's End and The Fall here and there) Also, I have a question about the pics assigned to workers (half of this lifted from my post at Tech) Example, I have a Yoji Anjoh picture in my People directory. Yet in the game, his picture doesn't show up at all, anywhere, and has to be manually assigned to him through editor. This is a problem with almost over half of the pics in 1RC. Most I fixed on my own, like having Big Daddy V's pic renamed under Nelson Frazier in the People folder, but other times is the puzzling one like Anjoh, and Rey Misterio. I had everything correct, but it just refuses to show up. When you release the new pic pack, will this fix that?

Since everyone likes to bitch and ****ing moan about non-sensical things: 1) To my knowledge, Carlito released the data the way it is because of all the time I spent on it trying to sought **** out (which I couldn't end up doing for other reasons). He basically released what he had because if he waited to correct everything, it more then likely wasn't going to get released. He would have had to update the game, give the stats to me, i would have taken a few months, which means he would have had to update again, and it would have just been a circle. 2) Forlan, I don't care for your update, hell, I don't care for this one, nor anyone elses, basically because I do not play anyones update, as they do not interest me. So me saying this comes not from you having an update or anything, just the way you present yourself on these boards: You are a tool. It is simple. You come across as an absolute tool. There was no need for you to post what you did in this thread, you only did it to sound almighty and push the other guys who worked on this data below your own. You are a tool. 3) The reason pictures won't show up for the japanese guys (I don't know about the others), and there are no pictures for title belts or promotions for Japan is because I do not care for them. They are a waste of time for me to do, and give very little to the game. Conclusion: If you want to post in this thread. Give a list of changes you would like to see, which most sensible people have done. If you want to come in here and just bitch and complain, don't bother. Go and play another data, or create your own. I don't care. My data I make for myself, it is that simple. I let Carlito put it in this update as a good will to him, and he deserves no bad mouthing from anyone. If you have a problem with anything I have written here, then PM me. [B][U]PM ME[/U][/B]. Stop clogging up this thread with pointless bull****. And that also goes with people who are badmouthing other data in this thread. This thread isn't about that data, so leave it out of here. Again, [B][U]DO NOT POST A REPLY TO THIS ONE. IF YOU WANT TO REPLY, OR WANT TO SAY ANYTHING, PM ME.[/U][/B] Otherwise, just stick to listing fixes and changes (don't bother with Japan).

Well, downloaded the mod yesterday. Finally got time to make a reply... Thanks a tonne for all the work everyone put in for the mod. I've only started up my game, but so far I'm enjoyin' it. :) Just like all the other mods I play, I'm grateful for the people who make these things free of charge, for the communities enjoyment. Afterall, I know just how hard it is to try making one. So thanks.

Its a shame this thread has turned into a complete flame war. Personally, I prefer both sets of data. And people complaining that the independants aren't up to scratch, this was created for the casual fan who wanted less workers and promotions. Therefore, outside WWE, TNA and ROH in the US, none of the other promotions should be perfect here, just because its for the casual fan and most casual fans don't watch the independants. If you want more precise indy stuff, use T-Zone. This wasn't created to rival T-Zone or start a war, it was created as an alternative. Personally, I like the release, the WWE data is up to date and accurate. The only problem I see is the pictures. But with a bit of looking around on these forums, you can sort the pics out yourself. Worker pics don't bother me as much, as I can sort those out while in the game (they tend to change for me anyway), its just logos and title belts that are the real pain and again, thats not too hard to find. Overall, I like T-Zone, I like 1RC, and the last 3 pages of this thread should not have happened.

[QUOTE=Adam Ryland;272171]You all know the policy - if you don't have anything nice to say about a mod, don't say it. We shouldn't have to go through this with every single new release. There'll be warnings for any further sniping.[/QUOTE] Can I call 'em, or can I call 'em?

Personally, I'd like a Real World Mod with the size of 1RC with a similar level of attention given to the indy scene like T-Zone. As it is, 1RC seems too inprecise with the outdated indy rosters and stats (although, I assume this'll be fixed with V2), while T-Zone is just too big for me. Of course, I could try and update the respective datas for myself, but the problem is that I'd have no idea where to start. I would have no idea where to start updating in 1RC or who to delete in T-Zone. Heh, I guess if there are enough disgruntled people we could all create a third real world mod :p

[QUOTE=The Franchise;272193]Personally, I'd like a Real World Mod with the size of 1RC with a similar level of attention given to the indy scene like T-Zone. [/QUOTE] So would I :p I've asked a few times for input from anyone for the indy scene and made it clear I'm no up to date with it. I'd love for someone to come in and go over it but the problem is the people who have offered in the past give alot of indy guys stats that dont fit into the 1RC mod. If I had the time to go throgh all the feds sites and check their roster I would but I don't at the moment. Like Lukie said I released V1 to work out most of the kinks and to let everyone play what we've done so far. From what I've gathered most people here really like to get a release even if it is a V1/BETA. Sorry for the niggling earlier in the thread, I really shouldn't have responded.

Just wanted to chime in here. I'd written a pretty big reply yesterday, but decided against posting it at that moment for fear of saying something I might regret. That being said, I wanted to address the titles issue. Basically, I have no idea why they'd be messed up like that. That was my job, and when I sent everything off to Carlito for the last time, I'd double and triple checked that it was as accurate as possible. But alas, things happen sometimes, and that's why it's good to have people reporting errors and stuff. The important thing is that now we know something went wrong, and it can be fixed for V2. Or, if you're like me and you just really want to play it, that's why there's an editor. Also, to the example of the CZW Iron Man title being set as pure wrestling, I think that was just a mistake with the dropdown menu. I was trying to set it to be a normal belt, but must've accidentally hit pure, so that was my bad. It should be noted, though, that that's exactly the kind of mistake that slips through the cracks when you're trying to do everything, so therein lies the reason for releasing a beta version. So ignoring that the past few pages even happened, if you find more errors, as is the nature of a beta, please just let us know so we can make it better. The info in this thread in general has been good, but for once, it could use a little less colour.

certain titles were out of date, to go back to Niles Young holding the Jr. title even though there has been many champions since him, the fact that the current Jr. champion has not even been added to the data means little effort was put in to implement your title changes or whatever EDIT: I also dont get why the IWA World Champion is Toby Klein, another that is a year out of date, not even an excuse on this one as Chuck Taylor is in the data

Archived