The GDSFFL Draft Room/Info Booth

mjdgoldeneye

• Replies 786
  • Created
  • Last Reply
i effin rule takes [COLOR="Red"][B]Marshawn Lynch[/B][/COLOR] machinesxe takes [COLOR="Red"][B]Philip Rivers[/B][/COLOR] ROUND 1 1. LaDainian Tomlinson 2. Shaun Alexander 3. Stephen Jackson 4. Larry Johnson 5. Frank Gore 6. Joseph Addai 7. Peyton Manning 8. Brian Westbrook 9. Travis Henry 10. Laurence Maroney 11. Willie Parker 12. Rudi Johnson ROUND 2 1. Ronnie Brown 2. Steve Smith 3. Willis McGahee 4. Tom Brady 5. Donavon McNabb 6. Reggie Bush 7. Cedric Benson 8. Maurice Jones Drew 9. Carson Palmer 10. Marvin Harrison 11. Clinton Portis 12. Drew Brees ROUND 3 1. Reggie Wayne 2. Chad Johnson 3. Mark Bulger 4. Terrell Owens 5. Roy Williams 6. Larry Fitzgerald 7. Torry Holt 8. Brandon Jacobs 9. Andre Johnson 10. Matt Leinart 11. Thomas Jones 12. Edgerrin James ROUND 4 1. Shamalamazadeh 2. Randy Moss 3. Anquan Boldin 4. Carnell Williams 5. Chris Chambers 6. Deuce McAllister 7. Jon Kitna 8. Antonio Gates 9. Marques Colston 10. Marshawn Lynch 11. Philip Rivers 12.

[QUOTE=mjdgoldeneye;279840]Want me to delete it without looking at it? I didn't even see I had it yet... I don't need to draft for you if we do it next Sunday...[/QUOTE] Nah, it was a joke. Besides, if you read it, you'd be like :eek: But if you look into it and see how the players fit into their teams this season, it might make a bit of sense (especially the 'bench' players). :) A bit of sense, it's not going to mesh with conventional fantasy wisdom at all though. edit: And yes Peter, you're right. Call it 'once burned, twice resistant to the hype' syndrome.

[QUOTE=PeterHilton;279845]She told you to take out the trash, didn't she? ;)[/QUOTE] I'll have you know I was NOT taking out the trash. I was vacuuming, you bastard. Anywho, time to point and laugh at the n00bie again: ROUND 1 1. LaDainian Tomlinson 2. Shaun Alexander 3. Stephen Jackson 4. Larry Johnson 5. Frank Gore 6. Joseph Addai 7. Peyton Manning 8. Brian Westbrook 9. Travis Henry 10. Laurence Maroney 11. Willie Parker 12. Rudi Johnson ROUND 2 1. Ronnie Brown 2. Steve Smith 3. Willis McGahee 4. Tom Brady 5. Donavon McNabb 6. Reggie Bush 7. Cedric Benson 8. Maurice Jones Drew 9. Carson Palmer 10. Marvin Harrison 11. Clinton Portis 12. Drew Brees ROUND 3 1. Reggie Wayne 2. Chad Johnson 3. Mark Bulger 4. Terrell Owens 5. Roy Williams 6. Larry Fitzgerald 7. Torry Holt 8. Brandon Jacobs 9. Andre Johnson 10. Matt Leinart 11. Thomas Jones 12. Edgerrin James ROUND 4 1. Shamalamazadeh 2. Randy Moss 3. Anquan Boldin 4. Carnell Williams 5. Chris Chambers 6. Deuce McAllister 7. Jon Kitna 8. Antonio Gates 9. Marques Colston 10. Marshawn Lynch 11. Philip Rivers 12. [COLOR="Red"]Javon Walker[/COLOR] ROUND 5 1. [COLOR="Red"]Julius Jones[/COLOR] 2. 3. 4. 5. 6. 7. 8. 9. 10. 11. 12.

[QUOTE=mjdgoldeneye;279855]That pick was genuinely unwise for once... Barber is the goal line guy, and might get a good number of carries... Jones is going downhill...[/QUOTE]Actually, Barber was the goal line guy under Parcells. Jones is nearly locked in as the starter, has been seeing the majority of goal line carries during preseason (which yes, is worthless), and has also had more balls thrown his way on third down. I will admit that I was very hesitant on picking him when I did, but I figured I'd go with it. Maybe the fact that Walker was still on the board left me befuddled (which would explain why I didn't check his bye week before drafting him).

[QUOTE=nZane;279865]Maybe the fact that Walker was still on the board left me befuddled (which would explain why I didn't check his bye week before drafting him).[/QUOTE] As the diehard Broncos fan, I can tell you (and mjd can vouch for me on this), I had Javon slotted as my next pick. His numbers might slip a bit this year (MIGHT) because of Jay Cutler's development and the addition of Daniel Graham (not to mention the slippage of Rod Smith) but he'll still do well. He's Cutler's go-to guy (much like Randy Moss is expected to be for Tom Brady and TO for Tony Romo) which means he'll get a ton of looks, but without a proven guy on the other side (and Brandon Stokley isn't proven as a starter), he'll also see lots of double coverage (or at the very least, shading to his side of the field). Ahh well, have to pick another person for my 2nd WR slot.

Wow, I thought my two picks would've gotten drilled into the ground, but now I feel better about them. I actually had Walker on my 2nd tier of WRs, so to see guys like Colston, Moss, and Chambers go before him was shocking to me. I was drooling a bit when he was still on the board, so I wasn't as thorough with checking things like bye week and whatnot. But, even though he has the same bye week as Wayne, I still would've taken him. The one off week from my WR position is more than worth it to have the other thirteen or fourteen weeks with two top WRs. As for Jones, I was really hoping Marshawn Lynch was going to slip down to me, but the autodraft killed that hope. So, I either had to choose between a backup QB (waaaaayyyy too early), another WR (which I considered, but after Walker there are quite a few in the same range I can get later), or a RB. Admittedly, Jones is very risky, but with LT anchoring my RBs, I figured it was a risk I could take.

[QUOTE=nZane;279893]Wow, I thought my two picks would've gotten drilled into the ground, but now I feel better about them. I actually had Walker on my 2nd tier of WRs, so to see guys like Colston, Moss, and Chambers go before him was shocking to me. I was drooling a bit when he was still on the board, so I wasn't as thorough with checking things like bye week and whatnot. But, even though he has the same bye week as Wayne, I still would've taken him. The one off week from my WR position is more than worth it to have the other thirteen or fourteen weeks with two top WRs. As for Jones, I was really hoping Marshawn Lynch was going to slip down to me, but the autodraft killed that hope. So, I either had to choose between a backup QB (waaaaayyyy too early), another WR (which I considered, but after Walker there are quite a few in the same range I can get later), or a RB. Admittedly, Jones is very risky, but with LT anchoring my RBs, I figured it was a risk I could take.[/QUOTE] Colston is young in a very good offense in which they will only improve as Bush is a year more experienced as is Colston. Brees is now in his 2nd year of Sean Peytons offense which will make him much better. Walker and Cutler didnt really click last year, his production went down after Cutler took over. Broncos are a run first offense in which their WR's dont have a lot of upside past the normal 7-8 TD receiver. You got a nice pick there but I completely disagree that he was a better pick over Colston OR Moss.

[QUOTE=nZane;279895]And I'm so very thrilled to see that no one here has jumped on the Fantasy Football Fellatefest that seemingly everyone's had for Vince Young. Bastard is barely in my Top 20 QBs...[/QUOTE] Yeah..sort of what I was talking about earlier. There were some guys who I thought were VERY overrated by "draft experts" and it seems liek everyone who actually was here to draft avoided them. Young and Matt Hasselbeck didn't even go yet and guys like Portis and Edge got autodrafted. Don't get me wrong..if some of those guys were/are around in later rounds, I'd take them. But definitely not where most sites have them ranked.

[QUOTE=jbergey_2005;279896]Colston is young in a very good offense in which they will only improve as Bush is a year more experienced as is Colston. Brees is now in his 2nd year of Sean Peytons offense which will make him much better. Walker and Cutler didnt really click last year, his production went down after Cutler took over. Broncos are a run first offense in which their WR's dont have a lot of upside past the normal 7-8 TD receiver. You got a nice pick there but I completely disagree that he was a better pick over Colston OR Moss.[/QUOTE]To each his own. Personally, I think Colston is going to be a bit of a flash-in-the-pan. I still think he'll still put up decent numbers, but not what anyone is expecting. But, I hope I'm wrong. I have Brees, so I'd love nothing more than to see the two of them explode. As for Moss, I just don't like his situation. They have a whole ton of weapons up there, and Brady is a master at using every player on the field. I'm also not convinced that this team is going to gel as well as everyone expects. Yes, Belichick and Brady are towards or at the very top of the list of leaders in the NFL. But I still think there will be some friction at some point during the season and that will have an adverse effect on everyone's performance. [QUOTE=PeterHilton;279898]Yeah..sort of what I was talking about earlier. There were some guys who I thought were VERY overrated by "draft experts" and it seems liek everyone who actually was here to draft avoided them. Young and Matt Hasselbeck didn't even go yet and guys like Portis and Edge got autodrafted. Don't get me wrong..if some of those guys were/are around in later rounds, I'd take them. But definitely not where most sites have them ranked.[/QUOTE]Heh, Edge was one of the guys I was considering when I had the choice between him, Chad Johnson, and Reggie Wayne. I took a quick look at his downside and the fact that I liked my prospects of picking up a bit of a sleeper at RB on later and he was quickly eliminated. This was the point where I asked my fiancee what she thought of the two (Wayne and Johnson). I had planned on taking Wayne, but I was having my doubts. So, I asked her knowing that she'd agree with me taking Wayne (being a big Colts fan and all). I essentially wanted someone to validate my opinion, and she did. By the way, her idea of a fun Sunday is sitting on the couch with an "adult beverage" of some kind, cussing and screaming at the Colts to beat the **** out of whomever their playing (her words, not mine). She's also a diehard St Louis Cardinals fan. Plus, she's hot! Why yes, I am a lucky SOB.

Archived