The GDSFFL Draft Room/Info Booth

mjdgoldeneye

• Replies 786
  • Created
  • Last Reply
MJD can clarify, but I think it's as over as it's gonna get. He was autodrafting for the three remaining people in this round (including you). I'd probably go ahead and PM him your draft strategy for this round and the remaining four.

[QUOTE=nZane;284213]MJD can clarify, but I think it's as over as it's gonna get. He was autodrafting for the three remaining people in this round (including you). I'd probably go ahead and PM him your draft strategy for this round and the remaining four.[/QUOTE] ok. I sent him a pm, but if its too late, its too late. *shrug* Theres always free agency for who I want and dont want.

Actually, since MJD is autodrafting the rest, I'll show you guys the plan I sent him...feel free to comment, critique, make suggestions (I have two more drafts to do yet, advice is appreciated!) [quote=Wallbanger]Commish, here is my draft plan for the remaining rounds. Please let me know if you have any questions. --'Banger [B]Round 7/8[/B] Priority: TE1 and DEF1, if choice between equal TE/DEF, bias toward TE. [B][I]My TE Board For Round 7/8:[/I][/B] [B]Take in Round 7[/B] Kellen Winslow Jr. Vernon Davis Chris Cooley ------------ [B]Take in Round 8[/B] Jason Witten Bo Scaife Heath Miller Alge Crumpler [B][I]My DEF Board For Round 7/8:[/I][/B] [B]Take in Round 7[/B] New England Jacksonville ------------ [B]Take in Round 8[/B] Pittsburgh Carolina Dallas Denver Miami Seattle If none of these available in Round 8, take best available of whichever position not taken in Round 7. [B]Round 9:[/B] Priority: If Tier 1 K available, take: [B][I]My K Board For Round 9:[/I][/B] Adam Vinatieri Jeff Wilkins Otherwise wait until next round. Alternatively, look for sleeper for QB2 or RB3; if choice between equal QB-RB, bias towards QB. [B][I]QB Board For Round 9:[/I][/B] Ben Roethlisberger Brett Favre Eli Manning Jake Delhomme Jason Campbell Alex Smith [B][I]RB Board for Round 9:[/I][/B] Ahman Green Jamal Lewis Marion Barber Ladell Betts Chester Taylor Fred Taylor Deshaun Foster Brandon Jackson Kevin Jones Warrick Dunn If NONE of these players are available, take best available RB. [B]Round 10:[/B] If K taken in Round 9, then look at QB2/RB3 as above. [B][I]Additional QB for Round 10:[/I][/B] Rex Grossman Jay Cutler Chad Pennington Jeff Garcia Steve McNair Matt Schaub Trent Green Joey Harrington [B][I]Additional RB for Round 10:[/I][/B] Lendell White Vernand Morency Leon Wahington If K [B]NOT[/B] taken in Round 9, take best available K. [B]Round 11:[/B] If [B]QB[/B] taken in Round 9/10, take best available RB. If [B]RB[/B] taken in Round 9/10 take best available QB. [B]Round 12:[/B] Best available RB/WR, bias towards RB. [B]Round 13:[/B] Best available TE. [B]Round 14:[/B] Best available DEF. [B]Round 15:[/B] Best available K.[/quote]

Well, I can say that draft plans rarely overlapped, so people should be pretty happy (of those that sent something in). If you didn't, I have no idea if you'll be satisfied. The only concern I have is if bye weeks will be an issue. When auto-drafting 20+ players, for 12 teams, looking up bye weeks is a PAIN. I assume there will be some issues, but free-agency should fix any problems. I'm about half done with inputting the rosters, so I'll edit this when they're done...

Well I want to go on record thanking mjd for putting this together. Thanks. I know I did,, and feel like alot of others did also. Left him in a bind on the draft. So if you didn't get who you wanted and you weren't there, then tough. Again sorry about bailing yesterday, had real life crap come up for the second Sunday in a row.

Also, compared to our fustercluck of a draft, how does this team from another league sound? Starters: QB - Donovan McNabb RB - Steven Jackson RB - Brian Westbrook WR - Terrell Owens WR - Darrell Jackson WR - Chris Chambers TE - L.J. Smith K - Robbie Gould D/ST - San Diego Bench: QB - Jon Kitna RB - Brandon Jacobs RB - Maurice Jones-Drew WR - Laveranues Coles WR - Greg Jennings TE - Randy McMichael The stat categories are the same as our league, and I said 2nd pick out of 10, and the draft snaked as this one did. I dropped my back-up kicker and D/ST (Gostkowski and St. Louis) for Jacobs and Jennings because San Diego and Chicago don't have byes until weeks 7 and 9 respectively.

[QUOTE=mjdgoldeneye;284410]Also, compared to our fustercluck of a draft, how does this team from another league sound? Starters: QB - Donovan McNabb RB - Steven Jackson RB - Brian Westbrook WR - Terrell Owens WR - Darrell Jackson WR - Chris Chambers TE - L.J. Smith K - Robbie Gould D/ST - San Diego Bench: QB - Jon Kitna RB - Brandon Jacobs RB - Maurice Jones-Drew WR - Laveranues Coles WR - Greg Jennings TE - Randy McMichael The stat categories are the same as our league, and I said 2nd pick out of 10, and the draft snaked as this one did. I dropped my back-up kicker and D/ST (Gostkowski and St. Louis) for Jacobs and Jennings because San Diego and Chicago don't have byes until weeks 7 and 9 respectively.[/QUOTE] Good team, the rest of the league must be total noobs.

[QUOTE=mjdgoldeneye;284416]Actually, it's not bad. There are about 4 teams that I think are great, including mine. It'll be a tough league.[/QUOTE] There's no way you could have come away with anywhere near that team in the Church league I'm in. lol Usually comes down to injuries in that one. Good luck!

[QUOTE=theoutlaw321;284411]Okay another question for you 'experts.' Have a fantasy draft Saturday around home where we actually get together and the kids run the picks up and all. 7-8 years strong(church.) Keeper question I can only keep one Bush or Maroney?[/QUOTE] Athough Maroney will have a better year this year I would keep Bush. Maroney has some potential shoulder problems plus Bush will eventually be the sole starter and put up incredible numbers.

[QUOTE=Remianen;284687]I see an error! When I drafted Alex Smith, I wanted the QUARTERBACK, not the tight end. :([/QUOTE]I thought it was odd that he was on the free agent list. Guess it's a good thing I didn't pick him up, then... Also, any chance of you posting the complete draft list in the first post MJD? Or would that be too much hassle? No biggie, I'd just be curious to see how things played out; especially since the majority of you guys shocked me by picking up your second kicker before I'd even gotten my first...

Ummm, I believe you can view it somewhere on the site. If so, I'll post the link. If not, I'll post it. Remi, I'll fix your problem, I knew which Smith you meant... :rolleyes: Why do SOOOOO many players have the same name??? 2 RB's named Adrian Peterson... 2 Wide Receivers named Steve Smith... The possibility of Roy Williams tackling Roy Williams! :eek:

[URL="http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/f1/259950/draftresults?drafttab=team"]Full Draft[/URL] Fixing issues... If people wonder why they don't have certain roster positions filled, it's probably because I followed your draft list (nZane, maybe that's why you have 1 K...). Why, Astil did you drop so many people? You have the first waiver slot, so I guess if you see better guys, it would make sense to grab them. If you have any serious concerns, make sure you post here or PM me before the season starts. As Commissioner, I can change rosters and anything I may have to immediately!

[QUOTE=mjdgoldeneye;285089]nZane, maybe that's why you have 1 K[/QUOTE]Actually MJD, you did the auto draft pretty spot-on for me. I was just kind of shocked that people were wanting their second kicker in an earlier round than I'd wanted my first...

[QUOTE=nZane;285093]Actually MJD, you did the auto draft pretty spot-on for me. I was just kind of shocked that people were wanting their second kicker in an earlier round than I'd wanted my first...[/QUOTE] Most people didn't "want" anything as they didn't send anything to me. And, some people only sent strategies for a few rounds or players... And most of the list was taken already... :(

[QUOTE=Remianen;285325]mjd, it's not a problem. I really should've remembered to indicate which position the Alex Smith I wanted was.[/QUOTE] I'm not quite that dumb... There is only one Alex Smith anyone with half a brain would take at that point, it as an accidental click is all. :D So, about a week 'til the first game? **Waits**

Archived