The GDSFFL Draft Room/Info Booth

mjdgoldeneye

• Replies 786
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I had Shaun Alexander ranked 7 at RBs, so I'd have to disagree. He's definitely shown the ability to produce, but he's coming off that injury and playing in a division that I think will be tougher than most people suspect. Age is also becoming an issue...

As we wait, just wante to say that in my six years of playing fantasy football (going back to when Sandbox was still free) I've honestly neve rhada problem with Yahoo's java appplet. If for some reason todays' draft goes wonky I'm down to draft on the site. Also, i effin rule with the steal of the draft so far.

[QUOTE=nZane;279242]I had Shaun Alexander ranked 7 at RBs, so I'd have to disagree. He's definitely shown the ability to produce, but he's coming off that injury and playing in a division that I think will be tougher than most people suspect. Age is also becoming an issue...[/QUOTE] It's like Mel Kiper giving updates! I think the division will be competitive, but all their defenses are fairly suspect. Otherwise I agree: Alexander is older, has lots of wear on the tires, and probably isn't a Top 5 back.

[QUOTE=PeterHilton;279245]It's like Mel Kiper giving updates! I think the division will be competitive, but all their defenses are fairly suspect. Otherwise I agree: Alexander is older, has lots of wear on the tires, and probably isn't a Top 5 back.[/QUOTE]I'm not sure if I should take that as a complement or an insult, so... thanks? :p

Alexander is underrated. Obviously, only slightly. He had a record breaking season 2 years ago, and would have came close last year if it weren't for Madden... :eek: :rolleyes: (If Young gets injured, the curse is real. PERIOD. They picked someone young and athletic hoping to break it...) He'll be a Top 5, and a Top 7 at WORST. Steven Jackson in the Top 3 isn't a steal. He normally would go second, but 3rd isn't heard of...

[QUOTE=Remianen;279289]Sorry guys, I got stuck in church. :( HOLY CRAP! I thought the draft was at noon. :p[/QUOTE] Actually, it is at 4, later today. Depends on where you live, I guess. I started it early yesterday, time restraints don't come into play until 4 when everything is really happening.

[QUOTE=mjdgoldeneye;278996]Um, let's make it so that you have 15 minutes to get to the draft room after 4 PM EST, and after that, if some people aren't on, we start, and then you have 10 minutes to pick. Obviously, if you're here and give a reason for why you may take more than 10 minutes or whatever, we can give you a bit more time. [/QUOTE] There you go.

Here's the [B]Official Draft Rules[/B]: Draft starts at [B]4PM EST[/B]. Once you sign on, and it is after 4 PM, you are locked in and at your turn the round timer will start. I said you have 10 minutes before, but I have lowered it to [B]8 minutes[/B] (Lots of picks...). If, for any reason, you are not on at 4 PM, you will be given until 4:15 PM to sign on, at which time your timer will start. If run out of time, I will draft for you (fairly), and until you sign on, I will make your picks. If you have to leave, PM me. If it will only be a short time (dinner, etc.)you can decide whether to let me pick or if we should wait. Also, if you have to leave, long or short, you may PM me a draft plan that I will go by. So, yes, we have an hour before the draft starts... Outlaw told me he'd draft in a bit, so 'Banger and PH be ready (If you want...)!

[QUOTE=mjdgoldeneye;279471]LMAO!!!!! :D I laugh every time Addai goes in the Top 10... [SIZE="1"]Flop[/SIZE] Who said that? :eek: :rolleyes: :cool: Just trash talk... PH time![/QUOTE]Yes, because a tough young RB playing on what is still one of the most potent offenses around and, oh yeah, coming off of a SUPER BOWL WIN just screams flop to me. I'm a diehard Colts fan, if you couldn't tell...

[quote=mjdgoldeneye;279471]LMAO!!!!! :D I laugh every time Addai goes in the Top 10... [SIZE=1]Flop[/SIZE] Who said that? :eek: :rolleyes: :cool: Just trash talk... PH time![/quote] In a non-yahoo system, I might agree with that. But in a PPR league? He could go as high as 4 and it not be a reach.

Archived