Championship Wrestling from Boston (C-Verse '07 Diary)

[CENTER][IMG]http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r219/jkeats/CWBwebsite.jpg[/IMG] [FONT="Impact"][SIZE="6"]NEWS FROM AROUND THE WRESTLING WORLD[/SIZE][/FONT] [U]NEW PROMOTIONS OPENING UP[/U] Even though industry insiders are decrying a dipping wrestling economy, entrepreneurs are still going out on their own and creating new wrestling companies. In Mexico, El Critico has opened Mexican Hardcore Wrestling and will feature a lot of Lucha talent along with some American indy mainstays. Fumhiro Ota has opened his X-Wrestling America promotion and says that it will focus more on serious competition and eschew the more "sports entertainment" aspects of pro wrestling. As Head Booker he immediately put the XWA title on himself. [U]THE STOMPER RETIRES[/U] Barely setting foot in the ring any longer, The Stomper has officially decided to hang up his boots and concentrate on the business of running his New York City Wrestling promotion. "It was time. I can't really do what I want in the ring and it's time for these young guys to step up and claim their spotlight in wrestling. I believe in this company (NYCW) and in the talent. I'm looking forward to guiding them all to greatness."[/CENTER]

• Replies 393
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[QUOTE]THE STOMPER RETIRES Barely setting foot in the ring any longer, The Stomper has officially decided to hang up his boots and concentrate on the business of running his New York City Wrestling promotion. "It was time. I can't really do what I want in the ring and it's time for these young guys to step up and claim their spotlight in wrestling. I believe in this company (NYCW) and in the talent. I'm looking forward to guiding them all to greatness."[/QUOTE] With a little help from me and BriFidelity he may just get his wish :p :D

[B]Jesse Christian[/B] (c) vs. Blackjack Robbins [I]Christian wins by DQ after a beatdown from the Tennesee Outlaws[/I] Brady Prince vs. [B]Thomas Morgan[/B] [I]Morgan wins , probably by cheating, to set up another title match against Christian.[/I] [B]Whiskey Jack[/B] vs. Tempest Appleby [I]Jack wins to give his tag team some momentum heading into your tag team tourney[/I]

[QUOTE=shipshirt;295877]The Bullet??? He's at D+ in Stamina which is good for a solid 10-12 min. match. Not sure what he starts out with. Maybe don't put him on All Out?[/QUOTE] It could be that I was using a strong style promotion that was very high on intensity rather than you traditional company. [B]Jesse Christian[/B] (c) vs. Blackjack Robbins [I]The Outlaws get involved but Jesse retains.[/I] Brady Prince vs. [B]Thomas Morgan[/B] [I]Morgan dominates but Princemounts a comback until Morgancheats for the win.[/I] [B]Whiskey Jack[/B] vs. Tempest Appleby [I]Heat for the tournament.[/I]

[B]Jesse Christian [/B](c) vs. Blackjack Robbins Brady Prince vs. [B]Thomas Morgan[/B] [B]Whiskey Jack [/B]vs. Tempest Appleby In reply to theunholyicon's prediction, I'd much rather have me some whisky!! ;) Am just getting caught up with this. Great read so far. Good to see how you're building up such a small promotion.

[CENTER][IMG]http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r219/jkeats/CWB_heading.jpg[/IMG] [FONT="Impact"][SIZE="6"]THE WHITES OF THEIR EYES[/SIZE][/FONT] Saturday Week 2, April 2008 69 fans at Biker's Paradise in Boston, MA[/CENTER] A record crowd for Championship Wrestling from Boston at "The Bike". [B]Tempest Appleby d. Whiskey Jack (w/ Dazzlin' Dave Diamond) in 7:34[/B] A shocking upset as Jack dominated the majority of the offense for the match. Tempest bumped and sold Jack's offense like crazy and at the end, took advantage of a ****y Whiskey Jack by hitting a springboard reverse bodyblock off the corner for the win. [B]E+[/B] Sometimes a win is more like a loss and for Tempest, this might be one of those times as Jack was livid by the decision and proceeded to lay in a serious beating to Appleby. DDD egged him on as Jack hung Tempest over the top rope with his bullrope. Referee Chad Brent and Biker's Paradise security had to intervene. [B]F[/B] Thomas Morgan comes to the ring: [COLOR="Red"]"After last month's tag team brawl all the fans can talk about is Brady Prince. He's an up and comer, he's breaking out...the only thing that's breaking out around here is my back from this dirty, staph infected mat we use! Prince, you got lucky last week and had Jesse Christian backing you up. Tonight, it's just you and I don't think you have what it takes to get the job done!"[/COLOR] [B]E+ Brady Prince d. Thomas Morgan in 14:00[/B] A very good match as these two left nothing on the table. Fans are still not solidly behind Prince but they're getting there. Good action with Prince hitting his Super Bomb for the win. [B]D[/B] DDD leads Blackjack Robbins to the ring for the main event: [COLOR="Red"]"Well, well, well, it seems like what we got here tonight is a night of upsets. Lets add one more to the list, shall we and take home the Boston Title."[/COLOR] [B]F+ Jesse Christian d. Blackjack Robbins (w/ DDD) in 13:02 to retain the Boston Championship[/B] These two know how to put together a solid brawl and that's exactly what it was. Robbins got the early advantage and even drew a little color on the champ. Christian got his comeback as the action spilled to the outside. DDD tried to interfere but was fended off. Christian retains with the powerslam. [B]D-[/B] Overall Show: [B]D-[/B] Notes: I wanted to give Christian a solid clean win to help elevate the Boston Championship's prestige. I really want the championship to be the focal point and hold a lot of meaning. Lots of upsets tonight but I'm running a promotion sorely lacking in top babyfaces. Good performances by all. The tag tournament won't probably get underway until July or August as the Gene Plumelli Cup is in June and I want to wait until after that.

[CENTER][IMG]http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r219/jkeats/CWB_newsletter.jpg[/IMG] [B][FONT="Arial Black"][SIZE="6"]NEW #1 CONTENDER NAMED[/SIZE][/FONT][/B][/CENTER] After much deliberation, consideration and other words ending in "-tion", Championship Wrestling from Boston owner Andy Haritgan has made the new #1 contender to the Boston Championship known. "I was looking at our roster and who was deserving of a title shot and I kept seeing one name popping up in the 'W' column. That name is Frankie Dee. Frankie has been dominating opponents and has yet to lose a match here in CWB. I think he is deserving of a title shot and that's exactly what he's going to get at May's Top of the Hub show." You heard it here first. Top of the Hub. Jesse Christian defends against Frankie Dee. Get your tickets early!

[CENTER][IMG]http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r219/jkeats/CWBwebsite.jpg[/IMG] [FONT="Impact"][SIZE="6"]NEWS FROM AROUND THE WRESTLING WORLD[/SIZE][/FONT] [U]RIPW TITLE HOT POTATO[/U] The RIPW Title has changed twice in as many months at the sold out Biker's Paradise in Boston, MA. Last month, Nevada Nuclear defeated long standing champion Valiant in a heated contest that ended Valiant's 15 title defense reign. The following month, in Nuclear's first defense, underdog Ernie Turner unseated the new champ to take home the strap. [U]PRIDE KOISO OVERDOSES[/U] A tragic moment for Puro fans the world over as PRIDE Koiso overdosed on some pills and has been in the hospital for the past few weeks. Out of privacy to the family, it hasn't been stated as to the nature of the overdose. He will be out of action indefinitely and many hope that, if he is able to return or not, his mental health improves as well.[/CENTER]

[QUOTE=MaxxHexx;297461]This one is starting to catch with me like the MAW one did.[/QUOTE] That's great news! I think it'll be fun watching the promotion and wrestlers improve and grow and a whole history and continuity develop out of it...see how far it can go.

[QUOTE=shipshirt;297466]That's great news! I think it'll be fun watching the promotion and wrestlers improve and grow and a whole history and continuity develop out of it...see how far it can go.[/QUOTE] I hope it goes far. I am really enjoying what you are doing with this. It has inspired me to start my own promotion from scratch.

[QUOTE=Frank_Vest;297553]I hope it goes far. I am really enjoying what you are doing with this. It has inspired me to start my own promotion from scratch.[/QUOTE] Very cool. I plan on having it go a long way. My problem with the old MAW game is that it went through so many different patches that it got really weird. Plus, I didn't have any of the newer tag teams and workers and such. This one has gotten off to a little more stable start and I plan to keep it going to see how far it can go.

[CENTER][IMG]http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r219/jkeats/CWB_TotH08.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] QUICK PICKS: Jesse Christian (c) vs. Frankie Dee (w/ Thomas Morgan) for the Boston Championship Des Davids vs. Dazzlin' Dave Diamond Whiskey Jack vs. Tempest Appleby Mark Smart vs. Xavier Reckless

[B]OCC: [/B] I just wanted to let everyone know that my webcomic [I]Breaking the Ice[/I] has been named the Spotlight of the Month by [URL="http://hoppercomics.com/contact.html"]Hopper Comics[/URL]. They're a small indie publisher out of Texas and they're interested in doing a collected version of BTI once I get enough done (which, admittedly with all else I have going on, could take awhile :) ). If you have no idea what I'm talking about, I invite you to check out the web comic at the [URL="http://www.comicspace.com/johnkeating/comics.php?action=gallery&comic_id=3421"]Comicspace archive[/URL] or you can check my [URL="http://www.johnkeating.biz"]website[/URL] out where I usually update it once a week (on Wednesdays usually). I now return you to Championship Wrestling from Boston action! :D

[CENTER][IMG]http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r219/jkeats/CWB_heading.jpg[/IMG] [FONT="Impact"][SIZE="6"]TOP OF THE HUB[/SIZE][/FONT] Sunday Week 3 May 2008 57 fans at Biker's Paradise[/CENTER] [B]Mark Smart d. Xavier Reckless in 7:34[/B] OK opener with Smart cheating to get his win back from Xavier. These two are decent together and provide a basic opening match as they gain experience. [B]E-[/B] Andy Hartigan is in the ring with Tempest Appleby: Hartigan: [COLOR="Green"]"Tempest, you've always been a cult favorite, a sleeper hit so to speak here in CWB. With a huge win over Whiskey Jack last month you have to feel good about your future.[/COLOR] Tempest: [COLOR="Blue"]"Dude, let me tell you...I've been so high, um, I mean I've been riding a high ever since that win. I can't--"[/COLOR] Whiskey Jack (followed by Dazzlin' Dave) storms the ring and just lays out Appleby and puts the boots to him as Hartigan scrambles out of the ring. Referee Chad Brent slides into the ring and checks on Tempest, asking if he's ok. Tempest signals to ring the bell! [B]F Whiskey Jack d. Tempest Appleby in 9:30[/B] Very good match playing off of last month. Jack was livid at the upset loss and he took out his frustrations on Tempest. Appleby fired back with some offense but the heelish pre-match attack cut too much from him, causing him to drop the match. [B]D-[/B] DDD grabs the mic: [COLOR="Red"]"Did you see that? Did you see that carnage. Des Davids, you might want to rethink our match tonight because that's just a taste of the ass whoopin' you're gonna get!"[/COLOR] [B]F+[/B] Not wasting any time with words, Davids charges out as the crowd cheers him on and lays into DDD. Brent signals for the bell...[B]F+ Des Davids d. Dazzlin' Dave Diamond by DQ when Whiskey Jack interfered[/B] An all out brawl, kind of short, kind of disappointing. DDD and Davids traded back and forth and Jack finally interfered with his bullrope/cowbell and earned DDD the DQ. Thomas Morgan leads Frankie Dee to the ring: [COLOR="Red"]"I told you Frankie, that I would get you a title shot. I used all my political clout, pulled every string and leveraged everything just to get you this match. Don't screw it up."[/COLOR] Dee just looks confused. [B]D- Jesse Christian d. Frankie Dee (w/ Thomas Morgan) in 16:23 to retain the Boston Championship[/B] This one had a "big fight" vibe to it. The crowd cheered as both men went nose to nose in the center of the ring. Something had to give. Dee started off with some chain wrestling and looked good doing so but it wasn't long before punches and stiff kicks started flying. Back and forth action with Dee scoring a 2 3/4 fall after reversing a Flying Shoulder Tackle into a powerslam. Christian wins it after escaping a Dragon Sleeper and turning it into an Ace Crusher for the pin. [B]D+[/B] Christian gives Dee a nod of respect as he exits the ring. Morgan enters and takes the mic: [COLOR="Red"]What the hell was that?!?! I put everything on the line and you fail me?! You are nothing but an overrated loser who will never amount to any--"[/COLOR] Before he can get another word out, a stiff roundhouse kick catches him on the chin, knocking him unconcious. A disgusted Frankie Dee exits the ring to the cheer of the Boston crowd. [B]F[/B] Overall Show: [B]D-[/B] Notes: We keep climbing, little by little. All of our shows are profitable now but that will definitely be tested with next month's Gene Plumelli Cup. The Dee face turn was a success and he'll be a solid, top babyface for the company. A feud with Morgan and whomever he joins forces with should be entertaining.

Archived