Wrestling Spirt 2 vs TEW 07

Wrestling Spirt 2 vs TEW 07  

55 members have voted

1. 1. Wrestling Spirt 2 vs TEW 07

• Better then TEW 07
    • The same as TEW 07
    • not as good as TEW 07

TEW is about booking and running a promotion like real life. WS2 is about picking a wrestler and fighting as if the matches are real. Both games are fantastic, but different. (I find I can't play both at the same time; I stick with one for a few months.) Your choice.

For me, playing WreSpi2 was a more satisfying gaming experience. Rewards in that game were more concrete. Then again, I grew up in the actual kayfabe era. WreSpi ties in to [i]most[/i] of the aspects that caused me to like wrestling in the first place. Still... while I enjoyed playing Wrestling Spirit much more, TEW is without doubt the better of the two. After all, TEW is Adam's show pony - and has been for years. There is just so much more going on in the booking sim. Had WreSpi the following, it may have become as all-encompassing as TEW.

They are two very different games and I can't really pick which one is my favorite. It is hard to top taking your rookie through a career and winning your first major championship, but then again it's hard to top booking a great show on one of your biggest events on TEW. I just wish more people knew how good WS2 is so that it had a bigger fanbase and community like TEW does.

While both games are awesome, I think you'd get more from purchasing TEW 07, since - in terms of replayability - that's the strongest game in my view. While there's people on these forums that I'm sure will disagree with me, I just think that it's easier to get caught up in TEW for hours, and when you're off your still going over booking your next shows in your head. Whereas if I were to play WreSpi for as long, I don't think I'd be as excited about playing it again the next time.

[QUOTE=Maase;281713]Wrestling Spirit is Better than Chess and is underrated... period[/QUOTE] btter than chess yes, but better than TEW no. As Sensai stated, you can get lost in TEW, you go over possible booking ideas even when you're not playing the game, wheras with WreSpi you don't know who you're going to face, who's going to backstage at shows etc, so you can't really think too much about the game when you're not playing it, and once you've done maybe a couple of months on the game it does start to get a little repetitive so you tend to die down playing it.

The game is boring just because its in Cornellverse and there isn't a real world mod that is very real, in TEW there is a real world mod that is very real, and the cornellverse is better on TEW... And believe me, Wrespi2 is very underated

[QUOTE=hurricanendp;281718]btter than chess yes, but better than TEW no. As Sensai stated, you can get lost in TEW, you go over possible booking ideas even when you're not playing the game, wheras with WreSpi you don't know who you're going to face, who's going to backstage at shows etc, so you can't really think too much about the game when you're not playing it, and once you've done maybe a couple of months on the game it does start to get a little repetitive so you tend to die down playing it.[/QUOTE] again I will also agree with this, especailly with a dairy I can spend hours/days/weeks (yes weeks) away from actually playing TEW and still be thinking about what to do next in the game or writing up show reports. (maybe that's why my grades dropped when I bought the game :o ) Plus for me its much easier to think of myself as a booker writing up shows, because the DAVE offices can be anywhere where as me being a wrestler is a little harder to get into because of where I am (sitting in front of a computer, instead of a wrestling ring)

[QUOTE=Maase;281719]The game is boring just because its in Cornellverse and there isn't a real world mod that is very real, in TEW there is a real world mod that is very real, and the cornellverse is better on TEW... And believe me, Wrespi2 is very underated[/QUOTE] WreSpi is underated yes, i'll agree, but there isn't any "very real" real world databases? hell no i refuse to agree to that. No offense to panix, but the best WreSpi database out there is DOTT, it is fully in depth, it is enjoyable to play, and you can really help mould a characters career and character in that database, whereas the ORC data there isn't full movesets, it is still playable, with a little tweaking it's up-to-date and playable. There's also other that have been released and others that are in the process of being created. You could also create one yourself, that way you have one not only to play, but also to get other/older WreSpi players to return to the game.

[QUOTE=Maase;281719]The game is boring just because its in Cornellverse and there isn't a real world mod that is very real, in TEW there is a real world mod that is very real, and the cornellverse is better on TEW... And believe me, Wrespi2 is very underated[/QUOTE] And that statement right there is exactly what I'm trying to change with my real world mod that I'm working hard on.

[QUOTE=jamck;281781]One thing I want to do is take all the wrestlers in the original database and delete them except for maybe some then put all the real wrestlers in and have like a fantasy draft.[/QUOTE] download a real world database, once it's set up, use that and go into the editor, find the workers section, and click import, and then import whichever workers you want from the CV and add them into the real world, obviously you'll have to import their main moves and then set up their movesets as well.

Having watched the progression from TEW05 to 07 and WreSpi 1 to 2 (I have all four), I'd have to go with TEW. As already said, TEW's format makes playing the game while away from the game a very real phenomenon. I like them both but I have to admit that I haven't played WreSpi2 since TEW07's prerelease editor was released. As much as I hate to admit it, the lack of Adam's commentary and play-by-play during matches kinda took away from the immersiveness IMO. TEW has kept me hooked since it came out. It's just so much deeper and hard to really figure out. Knowing what I know now, if I could only get one of them, it'd be TEW, no question. That's not saying that WreSpi is bad. But I've never gotten the least bit of motivation to install it on my laptop and play it on business trips....and at home....and on the way to work and on the way home from work and so forth. I don't have 3 binders full of notes on WreSpi2. I don't feel the need to test eleventy billion elements of the game. I liken it to different platforms. TEW is like PC games while WreSpi is like console games, to me. One has far more depth than the other. Heck, if a WreSpi3 was released, I'd buy that too but more because of a desire to support small developers (I have every GDS title as it is) than because I had to have the new WreSpi. TEW08, I'd knock an old lady down to get my hands on that. :p

[QUOTE=SHaynes23;281779]And that statement right there is exactly what I'm trying to change with my real world mod that I'm working hard on.[/QUOTE] Good luck on doing the Real World mod, we need it And must of all, we need fans trying BOTH games, not just TEW

Archived