Wwe Releases Former Ecw World Champion

skiesofryan

[QUOTE][FONT=arial][SIZE=2][COLOR=black]World Wrestling Entertainment released former ECW World champion The Sandman today. Internally within the company, the release had been expected over the last 24 hours. Sandman was hired by the company in June 2006 when they re-launched the ECW letters as a third WWE brand. After floating around the top of the ECW brand as a popular babyface, complete with a toned down version of his famous entrance, he was drafted to Raw several months back. He had most recently been seen last night against Santino Marella. We'll have more on this later on PWInsider.com. [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/QUOTE] One more EC Dub' Original bites the dust....

What?! What the hell did he do? He lost a ton of weight and turned his entire workrate into the WWE's way of doing things. There'd better be one hell of a story behind this.

[QUOTE=djthefunkchris;290396]I noticed he really hurt himself last night too.... I HOPE TO HECK, That wasn't part of the reason.... For some reason I thought he looked a bit "tipsy" though.[/QUOTE] I was thinking the same thing. That suicide dive he tried on Santino probably didn't help his cause either. He looked like he had no clue what to do once he left the mat and landed right on his head, which could have hurt himself and Santino very badly.

I think Sandman has looked good during the last year. If you compare his physique to the period when he played Hak in WCW, he's really put some effort into it. I also had the feeling his character was over with the crowd. Strange decision...I'd get rid of all the guys who can't entertain a crowd for one second like Santino Spaghetti instead of this guy.

would the last one leaving WWE please turn out the light? :) the rosters at WWE were already looking threadbare before the recent spate of releases. I expect we will see an influx of workers coming in from the development territorys soon. Perhaps a Burchill return?

[QUOTE=panix04;290484]would the last one leaving WWE please turn out the light? :) the rosters at WWE were already looking threadbare before the recent spate of releases. I expect we will see an influx of workers coming in from the development territorys soon. Perhaps a Burchill return?[/QUOTE] Bring in Sheamus O'Shaunessy, Burchall, Drew Galloway and Harry Smith to work a stable with Finlay in my opinion :D

Sandman's getting up there in years and, while he's always going to get a pop from the crowd, he's usually barely average in the ring. I think it's part of their "We want to try and make new stars" thing... But, yeah, at least feed him to Orton, or send him to Smackdown. I'd love to see Sandman/Finlay, just for laughs.

If you take "being average in the ring", you can fire 80% of the roster there. You can get rid of Orton, even Cena for that. On the subject of Orton, here's a guy that needs heat from others to make himself look halfway decent...I still fail to see the Randy-Orton-Project. Naah, I think Sandman's done an excellent job trying to adapt to WWE-style eventing and this is a pretty poorish decision on their behalf.

Orton looks great in-ring IMO, but I still think Sandman getting let go officially makes ECW less "Extreme" compared to what they were probably wanting to do. I think Elijah Burke could carry ECW though and bring back CM Punk. Funny thing here, maybe a return to in ring action by TAZ!! :D

I love The Sandman but he lasted A LOT longer than I thought he would with the WWE. He doesn't fit their style at all! When they first resurrected ECW I thought that it was a good pick up as he was an ECW Original and someone who really made ECW what it was in the begining.... However, when the WWE made it apparent that their ECW is a Crap-Ship Program... Sandman looked out of place and was seemingly being dangled by the WWE in a way of saying "Hey, This is ECW!! Remember... ECW?! This guy was in it... You liked him" All in all, Hopefully The Sandman can find another place to work with because I love his character, and he brings something different to the ring that we don't really see much anymore.

Well to be fair to my first comment, Sandman was awful in the ring. Constantly overselling and falling down when he didnt have to. But I stick by my statement, he was entertaining and I'm shocked that in a world of drug abuse and Wellness conflicts that tha Sandman was a good soilder through it all.

Archived