The GDS Fantasy Basketball League Thread

nZane

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
MJD's friend makes 11 and Masterded is 12. I think that will make a good number, so we'll call it a league with that. Once Masterded gets signed up, I'll go ahead and use [URL="http://www.random.org/"]Random.org[/URL] to fire up the draft order, and we'll be set!

Draft order is set. 1 Ubers Ballers 2 Boardbangers 3 Full Court Failures 4 Gman All-Stars 5 Stanfield Bobcats 6 Rim Rippers 7 The Living Dead 8 Deuces Wild 9 BoomGoesThe Dynamite 10 E-Ville Elite 11 Hollywood Hogans 12 St. Louis Skyhawks

Yay! We have 12! Me and my friend are general sports fans and know who's good and such in the NBA in general, but we aren't stat junkies like we are in football, so expect us to be active, but our drafts may appear rookie-ish... (No Amani-Toomer-Is-Awesome-Says-Mach type of stuff, but close! :D) EDIT: Also, 3rd Pick SHA!!!! I'm-a take Stephon Marbury because his shoes are teh ghetto! :rolleyes:

Well, IDK if giving away your strategy is a good idea, but expect the "Big 3" (IMO, at least) to go. This year that seems to be LeBron, Kobe, and Garnett, in no particular order. Also, Guys like Dirk Nowitzki, Shawn Marion, and Gilbert Arenas to go quick. Always keep note that there isn't an high number of great centers out there!

Just wanted to remind everyone that the Live Draft is tomorrow (Saturday) at 5:30pm CDT (6:30pm EDT). Yahoo recommends anyone who is planning on being there to show up a few minutes early, since the draft will start promptly. Once again, I'd recommend anyone who doesn't plan on being there to set your draft order beforehand. If not, you'll draft off of the default Yahoo rankings which are... fickle, to say the least.

My rankings are updated, though I am likely not going to be online for the draft. Apologies for the the slowdown, though a live draft isn't so bad since there's only a couple of minutes on the clock each. With a 2 pick I should have at least one stud worth following (of course all the Stephen Jackson owners said that too!)

I'll be there, and I've got the 12 pick, so my fate pretty much rests on who you guys miss when you are drafting. I can't do much planning since I'm the last to pick, so I'll just have to wing it, but I'm confident in my abilities. This sort of thing is what I'm in college to get my degree in, so I better be half way decent at it.

[QUOTE=SHaynes23;306918]I'll be there, and I've got the 12 pick, so my fate pretty much rests on who you guys miss when you are drafting. I can't do much planning since I'm the last to pick, so I'll just have to wing it, but I'm confident in my abilities. This sort of thing is what I'm in college to get my degree in, so I better be half way decent at it.[/QUOTE]Wait, you can major in Fantasy Sports now?!? Freakin' hell, I need to get back for another degree! :D

[QUOTE=nZane;306920]Wait, you can major in Fantasy Sports now?!? Freakin' hell, I need to get back for another degree! :D[/QUOTE] That would be the best degree ever, but mine isn't far from it. What it's official title is is Sports Management. I'm specializing in the parts to be a general manager for semi-pro or pro sports teams someday.

[QUOTE=SHaynes23;306921]That would be the best degree ever, but mine isn't far from it. What it's official title is is Sports Management. I'm specializing in the parts to be a general manager for semi-pro or pro sports teams someday.[/QUOTE] Taking a class on how to manage a sports team is much much different from fantasy sports :D I've done plenty of time gaining experience in both.

[QUOTE=mjdgoldeneye;306927]So, exactly how early can you open the draft window? And, who's going 1st and 2nd? :D[/QUOTE] Whenever we get to either 30 minutes or 15 minutes from draft time our league page should say your league is drafting now, then just click on that.

Archived