The GDS Fantasy Basketball League Thread

nZane

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Stupid question for you fantasy basketball veterans: I was playing around in Yahoo and it appears that you can set your lineup for individual days, as opposed to setting it for just one week. Is this the traditional way of doing things? Obviously there'd be drawbacks (FG%, FT% could go down, TO's up). Any advice?

[quote=mjdgoldeneye;307002]As always... Screw Java! I don't even drink coffee... Well, Trading is open for business. I'll trade any of my Guards ('cept Kobe) for a pretty good PF (or C, or other eligible guard, but preferably PF).[/quote] I sent you the offer we discussed in the draft room -- Childress/Kaman for Battier/Miller.

[QUOTE=nZane;307023]Stupid question for you fantasy basketball veterans: I was playing around in Yahoo and it appears that you can set your lineup for individual days, as opposed to setting it for just one week. Is this the traditional way of doing things? Obviously there'd be drawbacks (FG%, FT% could go down, TO's up). Any advice?[/QUOTE] Yeah, it's how it's been in every league I've been in. It allows you to sit players who aren't playing for the night and bring in people that are. Kind of gives you the illusion of having bench players.

I'm trying to figure out how to do that. I thought the trade went through unless there was a protest? EDIT: Looking at the commissioner tools, I think there's a two day period for managers to protest the trade, so it won't be finalized until then. Could be wrong, though...

You can go to your team (or my team...?) and it should say there is a pending trade. You can click on "details" and let it go through. Obviously, it seems more democratic to allow people to veto it, but you can se that the trade is far from an attempt at throwhing the game balance off... :rolleyes: I'm just asking because I may forget to update stuff...

[QUOTE=mjdgoldeneye;307511]You can go to your team (or my team...?) and it should say there is a pending trade. You can click on "details" and let it go through. Obviously, it seems more democratic to allow people to veto it, but you can se that the trade is far from an attempt at throwhing the game balance off... :rolleyes: I'm just asking because I may forget to update stuff...[/QUOTE] Checked that, and the only option I have is 'Vote Against Trade.'

[QUOTE=SHaynes23;308726]I just looked at the trade and it says it will be reflected on Wednesday's rosters, so maybe it takes until then to have it go through.[/QUOTE] Yeah, that's how Yahoo works the veto system. The trade should be processed/accepted tomorrow, however, the teams won't officially have the players on their rosters until the following day.

Archived