DAVE: Romance of the Three Kingdoms

Once upon a time, the land was divided into three. [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v341/shamelessposer/Logos/SWF.jpg[/IMG] The largest and most powerful of the kingdoms sought to conquer. Fielding an army of officers both talented and charismatic, few dared to stand in their way. [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v341/shamelessposer/Logos/TCW.jpg[/IMG] One of the kingdoms was a bastion of tradition in a time of great change and upheaval. Unmoving and unchanging, this kingdom was held together by the love its vassals had for its ruler. But the tree in the storm has only two options: to bend, or to break. [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v341/shamelessposer/Logos/DAVE.jpg[/IMG] The third kingdom was the last of the three in many ways. Third in size, third in prominence, third in power, the bonds of [i]blood[/i] did much to hold this kingdom together. It is the third of these kingdoms which will be the focus of our story. Nonetheless, there were other powers in the land. [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v341/shamelessposer/Logos/USPW.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v341/shamelessposer/Logos/CZCW.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v341/shamelessposer/Logos/AAA.jpg[/IMG] The minor kingdoms were widely regarded to spend far too much time with their petty squabbling amongst themselves to ever play a major part in the war on a national scale. The corrupt old men who used tradition as justification for their own excesses were far more likely to die of old age than to make a play for the throne. The isolationist woman warriors were considered unlikely to ever leave the safety of their homeland. And the young men of the south were looked upon more as potential players for one of the three major kingdoms than as threats in their own right. Perhaps the greatest threat to the three kingdoms was the army amassing on the northern border. Their families had spent generations honing their skills, fighting amongst themselves and preparing for conquest of the entire region...

The first show will be up tomorrow. Until then, I'll leave you with the repercussions of Back in Black 2007: Chris Caulfield and Phil Vibert, together at last! Tank Bradley crippled. Fans rejoice! A post-match handshake angle that doesn't end in a beatdown! And a new commissioner (highlight below for spoilers)... [color=white]Eddie freakin' Peak[/color]

[b][size=5]DAVE BACK IN BLACK 2007[/size][/b] Monday Week 1, January 2007 8,914 people at Evanovich Riverside for a non-televised event [b]Pre-Show[/b] Hell's Bouncer & Jesus Chavez versus The Latino Kings (Hector Galindo & Rudy Velasquez) This match was included on the Back in Black 2007 DVD release. Jesus Chavez is usually the third member to the Latino Kings, but Vibert wanted all four of these men to get some time in front of a live audience and so this tag team match was thrown together. Rudy Velasquez is the only worker in the match to receive a decent response from the crowd, with the others being seen as disappointing due to their lack of fundamentals. Hell's Bouncer picks up the win with a chokeslam around the eight minute mark, and by the crowd's reaction it's not a second too soon. [b]D-[/b] WrestleCircle's Ray Palmer says: [i]"I'm going to guess that not even the bookers expected much from this match, but as spotfests go it was okay. Hell's Bouncer and Jesus Chavez threw around The Latino Kings like they were rag dolls, and Velasquez bumped for three out there. Rudy Velasquez looks ready to appear on TV by now, but the other three need some more offscreen time to realize their potential."[/i] Back In Black 2007 starts at the announce table, with Mitch Naess and Emma Chase. Naess: Welcome to the first wrestling show of 2007, Back In Black. I'm Danger and Violence Extreme's senior announcer Mitch Naess, and with me as always is the lovely and talented Emma Chase. Chase: Blow it out your ass, Mitch. Naess: Tonight, the fate of DAVE hangs in the balance. Chris Caulfield will have longtime enemy and DAVE owner Phil Vibert in his corner for his match against reigning champion Eddie Peak. If Peak retains the title tonight, Chris Caulfield will not be allowed to challenge for the DAVE Unified title again for as long as Eddie Peak is champion. Chase: Can I tell them about the good part? Naess: There's a good part? Chase: Yeah. The part where Eddie ****s Vibert in ways only I'm used to. Naess: That's a pretty sick way to describe it, but yeah. Go ahead. Chase: No, it's awesome. If Eddie retains the DAVE Unified Title tonight, he and his manager Carl Batch get to name DAVE's commissioner for all of 2007. Naess: Let's just hope that doesn't come to pass. Chase: I'd just like to remind Eddie and Carl that I have a BA in business administration, I'm an excellent people person, and I put out in exchange for promotions. Naess: The first of our six matches is a four-way ladder match for the DAVE Tag Team titles. Can the New Jersey Devils retain the titles, or will their reign come to an end tonight? Let's find out. [b]Four-Way Ladder DAVE TAG TEAM TITLE MATCH [i]Tag Team Champions[/i] The New Jersey Devils (Alex Braun & Tank Bradley vs. Adrenaline Rush (Sammy Bach & Teddy Powell) vs. The McWade Brothers (Dean & Dallas McWade) vs. The New Wave (Scout & Guide, accompanied to the ring by Eric Tyler)[/b] It's almost as if these eight men said to the four guys in the pre-show match "No, THIS is how you do a spotfest." Alex Braun, even though he's the oldest guy in the ring, was still willing to do a sick-looking body splash onto Dallas McWade that sandwiched McWade between the mat and a steel chair. Adrenaline Rush held the momentum for much of the match, teasing a few spots in which they each nearly put Tank Bradley through a table. The New Wave, on the other hand, knew when to pick their spots and avoided most of the damage dealt. Tank Bradley and Scout battled it out on top of the ladder to retrieve the belts when a well-timed chair shot from Eric Tyler caught Bradley in the back and caused him to tumble backwards into the previously set table. Scout took the title belts to finish the match.[b]C-[/b] WrestleCircle's Ray Palmer says: [i]"This match got the crowd on their feet early and often. It was a hot opener with a lot of good high spots. Maybe if Tank Bradley bumped like that every night this wouldn't have been his last match with the company."[/i] [i]Meanwhile...[/i] Backstage we see Big Cat Brandon doing up-downs in the hallway. JD Morgan walks into the frame clapping. "Excellent job on the stretching. Of course, I'll be stretching you plenty in the ring tonight." Big Cat Brandon stands up. It's apparent that Brandon has about six inches on Morgan. JD Morgan says "By the way, Kitten, have you asked Wolverine how his neck's doin'?" Big Cat Brandon shoves JD Morgan and looks set to spear him into the cinderblock wall, but half the locker room comes running in and splits up the two. Art Reed can be heard saying "It's okay, Cat. Save it for the match." [b]C[/b] [b]Shawn Gonzalez vs. Acid[/b] [i](The story behind this match is that Shawn Gonzalez fought Eric Tyler over number one contendership for the DAVE Brass Knuckles Title, and lost that match due to interference from Acid, Scout and Guide. Gonzalez wrestled the four in different combinations throughout December, only now stepping in the ring with Acid.)[/i] Shawn Gonzalez and Acid lock up to start, leading into some nice chain wrestling sequences. The running theme throughout the match is that Gonzalez knows how lethal Acid is in the air, and so tries to keep him grounded by working Acid's legs and back. Acid regains the momentum a few minutes in with a couple of cheap shots, but his attempted frog splash goes wrong when he catches a forehead full of knee and is knocked for a loop. Acid gets time to recover when Eric Tyler distracts Shawn Gonzalez at ringside and the two brawl in the crowd for a little while. Gonzalez takes some brass knuckles to the face and has his nose bloodied, but Acid can't get him into the ring in time for a full pinfall and only gets the two count. Acid tries choking out Gonzalez with his own bandana, but Gonzalez turns it into a stunner and gets the pin. [b]C+[/b] WrestleCircle's Ray Palmer says: [i]"I'm loving some of the cheap tricks used by The School of Tradition in recent weeks, especially Eric Tyler's adoption of the brass knuckles, but I can't help but shake the feeling that the name doesn't fit. Tyler, Acid, Scout and Guide are all pretty hardcore. My nitpicking aside, this was some very impressive work. Gonzalez was in rare form tonight, and I don't think I'm the only one who'd like to see a few more matches between these two."[/i] [b]Art Reed vs. Joey Minnesota, Submissions Only[/b] [i](This is the last match of Art Reed's and Joey Minnesota's best of seven series. Reed has been the underdog through most of the series, getting two of his three wins only in the last two weeks. The announce team has done a lot to play up a nasty bump to the head Reed took three weeks ago when he was DDTed onto the concrete.)[/i] The match starts with some excellent amateur wrestling from Art Reed and Joey Minnesota. The crowd isn't quite sure what to make of it at first, but starts getting into things after a few near-falls. After the near-falls Reed gets on his hands and knees in the traditional amateur wrestling "bottom" position and Minnesota looks ready to restart the amateur exchange, but instead elbows Reed in the back of his head and then starts slamming Reed's forehead into the mat. Reed gets a drop toe hold from his prone position and then goes for an early Dread Lock, but Minnesota powers out and goes right back to working the back of Reed's neck. Reed manages to reverse a brainbuster into a set of four Rolling German Suplexes, but that doesn't do any favors for either man. On the ground Reed and Minnesota keep slipping out of each other's submission holds, until Art Reed finally locks in his patented Dread Lock. Joey Minnesota makes his way to the ropes after an excruciating thirty seconds in the hold, and finds himself limping. Reed keeps the heat on Minnesota with a couple of Dragon Screws. Joey Minnesota manages to get out of a second application of the Dread Lock, then locks in the Dragon Sleeper. Reed just plain refuses to tap, so Joey Minnesota goes "screw this" and turns it into a reverse DDT. From the ground he locks in the rear naked choke, Reed doesn't have anything left to give and so he taps out. [b]C[/b] WrestleCircle's Ray Palmer says: [i]"It's a slower paced, far more technical match than the DAVE crowd is used to seeing, so it doesn't surprise me that they didn't know how to respond. It still makes a nice break after two spotfests and the standard DAVE brawl, and I'm interested in seeing where they take these two now that their best of seven rivalry is settled."[/i] After the match, Art Reed staggers to his feet, walks over to Joey Minnesota, and shakes his hand. The two hug, and... Minnesota helps Reed to the back? A handshake angle that doesn't end with someone getting beaten up? Not even the ref? Are you serious? [b]D+[/b] Naess: That's a surprising amount of sportsmanship coming from someone like Joey Minnesota. Art must have really impressed him out there. Chase: I would have thought that Art's mother had dropped him on his head enough times, but it looks like Joey didn't agree. Naess: Next up, we have a match that's been in the making for months. As you all know, JD Morgan was the man who forced The Wolverine into retirement by shattering his injured kneecap with Wolverine's own crutch. They've fought in tag matches. They've fought in three- and four-way dances. But this is the first time in DAVE history JD Morgan and Big Cat Brandon have been in the ring alone. Will Big Cat Brandon avenge his friend and mentor, or will JD Morgan get the last laugh? Let's find out. [b]Big Cat Brandon vs. JD Morgan[/b] Big Cat Brandon is a man possessed. Before the bell even rings, Brandon has taken Morgan to the ground and given him a series of right hands to the face. JD Morgan's technical acumen doesn't do him much good when he's on his back and facing an opponent so much bigger, and a swift kick to Brandon's groin is the only way Morgan is able to get to his feet. JD gets out of the ring and tries running for the back, but The Wolverine comes down the entrance ramp and smacks a crutch across JD Morgan's jaw! Big Cat Brandon goes outside and brings Morgan back to the ring, then hits a powerbomb for the two count. There's some brawling, with Brandon clearly taking the advantage, and a couple of sequences where Morgan keeps trying to use takedowns on Brandon and Brandon responds with a power move. Big Cat Brandon whips JD Morgan into the ropes and catches him on the rebound with a spear for the three count. [b]C[/b] WrestleCircle's Ray Palmer says: [i]"This was hardly a technical masterpiece, and that was to be expected with Big Cat Brandon and an aging JD Morgan involved. Instead the match was the consummate crowd pleaser, and I can hardly fault the booking team for giving The Wolverine a cameo in the match before his contract ran out. Not the best I've ever seen, but since the crowd enjoyed it so much it definitely served its purpose."[/i] Mitch Naess is backstage with Chris Caulfield and Phil Vibert. Vibert is pacing back and forth in and out of the frame. He looks like he hasn't slept in a week. Naess: So, boss, it looks like tonight is the big night. Vibert: Boss? BOSS? For years you've called me an *******, a megalomaniac, a monomaniac, a threat to myself and others, implied more than once that I was a child molester. Hell, that time we brought in Sheik Mustafa and he called me "The Great Satan," you agreed with him! But no, tonight it's "boss." You think that's funny, MITCH? The only night this year I'll be in charge, and- Caulfield: Calm down, Phil. Calm down. Vibert: You're right. I'll just go outside and get a smoke or something before the match. Caulfield: No smoking. I didn't ride you so hard to quit in college just so you could fall off the wagon on a night this important. Phil Vibert walks out of the frame and doesn't come back. Naess: It's interesting that you bring up college. That was when you two had your falling out, isn't it? Caulfield: Yeah, but that's hardly important tonight. The important thing is that tonight I'm going to win the title and Phil is going to keep his power over the company. Naess: Better the devil you know? Caulfield: Honestly? That's a little bit of it. But I also think that most of the locker room would agree that Phil Vibert loves wrestling and he loves DAVE. None of us want to see Eddie Peak and Carl Batch run the company into the ground. Travis Century walks in front of the camera with a sign reading "THE END IS NEAR." Caulfield: Okay, none of the [i]sane[/i] people in the locker room want to see Eddie Peak and Carl Batch run the company into the ground. Naess: For what it's worth, I'm rooting for you guys. Caulfield: Great. Maybe you'll be able to talk them into submission. [b]B[/b] [b]DAVE BRASS KNUCKLES TITLE MATCH Jack Giedroyc[i] (champion) [/i]vs. Eric Tyler[/b] [i](Eric Tyler won the number one contender match against Shawn Gonzalez three weeks prior, and since then has won a couple of jobber matches with a pair of brass knuckles he's brought to the ring.)[/i] Eric Tyler has his brass knuckles for the match, but Jack Giedroyc is ready and ducks a series of attempted right hands from Tyler. Giedroyc hits a nice dropkick to take Tyler out of the ring, and then follows him out for some brawling at ringside. The ring steps get used as weapons by both men, and there's an absolutely sick Jack Giedroyc-suplexed-onto-the-crowd-barrier spot that he sells perfectly (likely because it hurt like hell). Tyler takes advantage of the change in momentum and busts open Jack Giedroyc's forehead with the brass knuckles. Giedroyc counters one of Tyler's right hands by rolling him over and into an armbar position, but doesn't keep the hold and instead both men get back onto their feet. Eric Tyler tries to use his superior technical skills to take Giedroyc back down to the ground. Jack Giedroyc won't have any of that, and turns Tyler's headlock into a back drop. Giedroyc rolls Tyler into the ring for the pin and gets two. The two trade punches for a while, and Acid has come down to the ring with a barbed wire two-by-four. He gets onto the ring apron and takes a swing at Jack Giedroyc, but Giedroyc sees it coming and shoves Eric Tyler into Acid instead. Acid bounces off the apron and into the crowd barrier, and Tyler has his hand tangled in the barbed wire. He tries taking advantage of the situation by punching Giedroyc with the barbed wire-covered hand, but Giedroyc grabs the loose end of the wire and yanks on it. Hard. Tyler starts screaming in pain and there's blood everywhere. Giedroyc pulls on the wire for a couple seconds longer and Tyler taps out. [b]C[/b] WrestleCircle's Ray Palmer says: [i]"This match wasn't anything special except for some nice bumps and an absolutely sick finish. I'll admit to questioning the wisdom of putting a weapon-based brawl like this right before a main event that will no doubt be weapon-based, but I guess that's why Vibert is a wrestling booker and I'm just a physics professor."[/i] [b]DAVE UNIFIED TITLE MATCH Chris Caulfield [i](with Phil Vibert)[/i] vs. Eddie Peak [i](champion, with Carl Batch)[/i][/b] [i](If Eddie Peak wins this match, he and Carl Batch get to decide who gets to be the commissioner of DAVE for 2007. During this commissioner's reign, Phil Vibert will be stripped of his power. This is the last time Caulfield will be allowed to challenge for the DAVE Unified title during Peak's reign.)[/i] Vibert, at ringside, is smoking like a chimney and brandishing a Singapore Cane. Chris Caulfield has a Singapore Cane of his own, and starts the match off by walloping Eddie Peak across the face and back with it. After a few hits, Peak's screams turn into laughs. Even his manager, Carl Batch, is worried. Peak starts no-selling the cane shots, even though he's busted open and has sores all over his torso, and eventually catches the stick in between his arm and his body. He uses his free hand to punch Caulfield to the ground and then breaks the Singapore Cane over Chris Caulfield's head. The two men each grab a broken piece of the Singapore Cane and begin circling each other, but before either of them can make a move Carl Batch has grabbed Caulfield's leg. Peak takes advantage of this and jabs the sharp length of wood into Caulfield's back. Caulfield staggers around in a slow circle so that the audience can see that, yes, the piece of wood really is jammed in his back, before he pulls it out, turns around, and walks into a lariat from Eddie Peak. The lariat only gets a two count, so Peak starts with a series of elbow drops. No one's home for the fifth elbow drop, and while he's on the mat nursing his elbow Caulfield starts with the stomping. Peak rolls to the outside... and Vibert starts caning him! Carl Batch tries coming to the rescue, but all he gets for his trouble is an awful-sounding cane shot to the jaw, knocking the cigar out of his mouth. Caulfield grabs the prone Peak and tosses him into the ring steps. Peak is crawling around on his hands and knees. Caulfield starts giving him kicks to the gut while Batch and Vibert brawl nearby. Vibert jams his cigarette into Batch's eye and he runs up the ramp screaming! Caulfield postures for the crowd as he gets Vibert's Singapore Cane, but Peak takes advantage of Caulfield's turned back and gives him a double axe handle to the open wound on his back. Chris Caulfield is momentarily stunned and can't help being rolled into the ring. Eddie Peak whips Caulfield into the ropes, then catches him with a Tilt-A-Whirl backbreaker. Caulfield's back is so destroyed at this point he's unable to kick out of a pin, and Eddie Peak retains the title. Looks like a new era for DAVE. [b]B-[/b] WrestleCircle's Ray Palmer says: [i]"In a word: Sick. I loved it. Not a technical classic by any stretch of the imagination, but I'd recommend it to anyone who likes a good garbage match. It's a shame that the stipulations telegraphed the results of the match, but I think this one will be on a few 'best of' DVDs in the future anyway."[/i] After the match, Eddie Peak tosses Chris Caulfield out of the ring and then ascends a turnbuckle to rub his victory in the audience's faces. Caulfield and Vibert are arguing at ringside as the show comes to a close. [b]B[/b] OVERALL: [b]B-[/b]

[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v341/shamelessposer/wrestlecircle.jpg[/IMG] [size=5]DAVE NEWS![/size] The Wolverine announced on his web site that Monday's Back in Black show was his last appearance with DAVE. He said: [i]"It was nice to get one last appearance in front of the crowd, even if it was just a run-in. Most of you know that I had tried transitioning into a backstage role with the company, but it just wasn't working out. Phil and I have parted on decent terms, and I'm excited about life after wrestling."[/i] Tank Bradley is also rumored to be taken off of the active roster within the next week. His failure to improve as a talent has been cited as the reason for his potential release, and he's already gotten several warnings to shape up or ship out. With these two leaving and Phil Vibert looking to expand the currently stagnant tag division, a few new spots are open on the roster. Several wrestlers from as far west as California have gotten calls from DAVE, and Vibert has promised that he's been in talks with at least one "big name" over the last month.

I know it's been a week since I last posted, but this diary isn't dead. I'm determined to do more work on it, but I got awfully sidetracked over the last week by other games. When you get something like Fire Pro Wrestling Returns in the mail... well... I hope you guys understand. Might have a new post tomorrow.

I wouldn't worry about it. There's something of a tradition in DaVE diaries - it's run back a long way. Mystic may have started it - he's been at it so long that it's hard to remember, and he passed it along to me and I'm happy to pass it along to you. A DaVE diary isn't a DaVE diary unless you forget to post for weeks, even months, at a time.

[size=5][b]DAVE DANGER ZONE TV[/b][/size] Attendance: 5,000 people We're ringside with Mitch Naess and Emma Chase. Naess: Monday was an historic night! Those who weren't in attendance for Back in Black 2007 and missed our live internet coverage should know that the face of DAVE has changed for good. Chase: My man Eddie Peak has triumphed in the face of adversity and kept his title for another month! Chris Caulfield isn't allowed to challenge for the title for as long as Eddie Peak is the DAVE Unified champion, so he'll just have to step aside and accept that Eddie is the wave of the future. Naess: Peak's win also means that he and his manager, Carl Batch, get to decide DAVE's commissioner for 2007. Phil Vibert is essentially stripped of power until next year. Chase: That means the only responsibility that son of a bitch has is making sure our paychecks come in on time. Naess: And it looks like Eddie Peak and Carl Batch are ready to make their announcement right now. Eddie Peak's theme song plays over the speaker system, and people are throwing trash in the ring before he's even down the entrance ramp. Carl Batch is wearing an eye patch after being attacked Monday Night. Batch: Just what I expected from white trash like you... Garbage throwing garbage! Peak: It's not gonna make a difference. Let 'em toss all the detritus they want. Oops, wait. I'm addressing a DAVE crowd. "Detritus" means "garbage." "Trash." "**** you don't need no more." Any of this getting through to you people? From the boos, it's obvious that some of it is indeed getting through to the audience. Peak: Now if you'd all shut your pieholes, we could get this show on the road. There's a new sheriff in town, and I know you're all anxious to hear who it's going to be. Batch: We got a lot of applicants since Monday night. Eric Tyler. Emma Chase. Mark Cuban. Sheik mother****in' Mustafa. J.K. Stallings, Jr. But there was one applicant in particular who stood out. Chase: He's talking about me, isn't he? Naess: Settle down, Emma. Batch: He's a household name. He's a scholar and a gentleman. He's a lover of women. He's one of the five men in the DAVE locker room with a full set of teeth and a vocabulary that includes five syllable words. Ladies and gentlemen, I give you... Carl Batch, Esquire! Carl drops the microphone and poses for the crowd. He turns to shake Eddie Peak's hand, but something's wrong. Eddie doesn't extend his hand, and instead just stands there and grins. He kicks Batch in the stomach and then piledrives him into the mat. Peak picks up the microphone. Peak: Change of plans, Carl. I've hit the big time now, and there's no chance you're getting a piece of the pie. We're finished. Done. Over. No, wait, it's just me that's over, isn't it? You hear those boos? You hear those maniacs way in the back who are actually CHEERING for me? I put in that hard work. I bled buckets of blood. And all you did was stand there at ringside, smack the mat with your hand, and smoke those ****ing cigars. Good god, man, I'm an athlete! I don't need to be getting carcinogenic tar in my lungs, ****ing up my conditioning! It's been fun, Carl, but it's time for me to take my place on the throne and you to go back to being a nobody who talks for dumbasses like Hell's Bouncer or the McWades. Have fun rotting on the sidelines, you dumb ****. DAVE's under new management, boys and girls! [b]B[/b] Naess: What a shock! Who would have thought that Peak would pick a night like this to turn on his manager? Chase: Who does that bastard think he is? I did things for him. Kinky things. Dirty things. I had to [i]dye my hair[/i] Tuesday morning because of the **** I did for that job, and he's going to pull the rug out from under me? Naess: Next, we've got the first match of the night. Peak handed off a note to us so we'd know what was coming up, and it's... a handicap match? Big Cat Brandon versus The McWade Brothers. [b]Big Cat Brandon vs. The McWade Brothers (Dean & Dallas McWade)[/b] Big Cat Brandon defeats The McWade Brothers with the Big Cat Pounce [b]D-[/b] WrestleCircle's Ray Palmer says: [i]"Who did the McWades piss off? First they get buried in the show's opening promo, then they put in an embarrassing showing in a handicap match. I don't think these two are going to be on DAVE TV much longer."[/i] Eddie Peak comes down to the ring again after the match. Peak: I wanted everyone to know that I've run the numbers and there's no way the company can remain financially solvent unless we make a couple of cuts here and there. I can prove it with charts should anyone be interested. First off, Double Soup Tuesday was too expensive and so I've told the caterers to cut it out. Second, I'll have to ask that all of the boys in the back learn to turn off the light as they're leaving a room no longer in use. I'm not made of money. Third, No bitches at the table. Emma, you're fired. Chase: What the **** are you talking about, Eddie? We had a deal! Peak: What can I say? I sometimes say crazy things when I'm trying to get a chick to go down on me. Not my fault you're easy. Naess: Come on. Peak, this is unreasonable. She's one of the best commentators in the business. Peak: If you don't want me to amend the rule to "no pussies at the table," MITCH, then I'd suggest that you shut your hole. You're already on thin ice for what you said about me Monday. Naess: You know as well as I do that my contract permits me to say what I want, when I want. You can't fire me for calling you out as the sociopath you really are. Chase: Stop, Mitch. Don't do this. Peak: That's strike two, MITCH. Strike three is when I go get my claw hammer and start renovating your testicles. Chase: I'm not going down without a fight. Peak: Funny, that's what you said Monday. Chase: I'm not kidding. This is the kind of thing wrongful termination suits were meant for. Peak: Ooh, I'm scared. Someone save me from Emma's lawyers! ...get out before I bash in that pretty head of yours myself. [b]B-[/b] [b]Joey Minnesota vs. Johnny Martin[/b] Joey Minnesota defeats Johnny Martin with the Minnesota Salute [b]C+[/b] WrestleCircle's Ray Palmer says: [i]"Seems like someone must have lit a fire under Johnny Martin, because this match is the best thing I've seen from him in recent memory. Granted, it is difficult to NOT have a decent-to-good match with Joey Minnesota, but Johnny Martin seemed like the guy who was with DAVE in the East Coast Wars instead of the burnout he'd shown himself to be in the last few months. Good for him."[/i] The camera is backstage, following Art Reed down a corridor. He turns a corner and walks into Eddie Peak's (formerly Phil Vibert's) office. Peak has his feet up on the desk. Reed: What the hell do you think you're doing, Peak? Peak: That's Commissioner Peak to you, Artie. Reed: You're booking handicap matches, you're firing announcers... that's no way to run this company. Peak: And where did you get your management degree, the University of Dip****? Reed: This company was founded on the basis of competition. There were run-ins and there were chair shots, and there were matches where the ropes were replaced with barbed wire, but you knew what you were in for when you signed your contract. And now you're treating women like crap, you're using handicap matches to settle grudges from back when you were a tag team wrestler just because you know- Peak: Don't finish that sentence if you want to keep your front entrance privileges, [i]bro[/i]. Reed: You son of a bitch! Reed pushes Peak out of his chair and starts beating him. In such a confined space and already on his back, even the Unified champion is more or less helpless. Peak: Security! Scout and Guide, both wearing black business suits, rush into the room and pull Reed off of Peak. He's slammed into the wall, and then the three men start beating Reed. This goes on for a few seconds, until Joey Minnesota rushes into the room brandishing a steel chair. Minnesota: Get off of him! Peak: Or what, you hit your boss? You don't have the ba- Minnesota smashes the chair across Peak's skull. Scout and Guide turn to face him. Minnesota: What, you two want some of this too? Get up, Art, you'd better get out of here. Joey Minnesota and Art Reed carefully back out of the room until they're a safe distance away, then make a run for it. Peak: Oh, no, don't worry guys. I'm fine. Not that I should have expected either of you two to have the sack to stand up for me. What's a little steel chair in the grand scheme of things, really? Scout: But, you know, our match tonight... Peak: Go. Get ready for it. But you're both off the Christmas card list. [b]C[/b] Naess: And if you think that kind of behavior from our commissioner is disgusting, just wait until you see our main event. In what's possibly the most flagrant abuse of power in the history of DAVE, we have a glorified four-on-one title match. Jack Giedroyc must defend his DAVE Brass Knuckles championship against the entire School of Tradition in a five-way match. [b]DAVE Brass Knuckles Championship Match Jack Giedroyc [i](champion)[/i] vs. Eric Tyler vs. Scout vs. Guide vs. Acid[/b] Jack Giedroyc pulls off a miraculous victory by pinfall, in large part due to interference from Art Reed, Joey Minnesota, Big Cat Brandon, Johnny Martin, Alex Braun and Vin Tanner [b]B-[/b] WrestleCircle's Ray Palmer says: [i]"Yay for interference, I guess. This was arguably as good a main event as what we saw at Back in Black, with The School of Tradition resorting to all sorts of heelish behavior but eventually showing some dissent when Acid broke up Tyler's pin on Giedroyc. They were a happy family again once the run-ins started, and we got some of DAVE's biggest veterans and youngest rising stars coming in to try and make a difference. They did, both in the match's outcome and its quality. If you're going to overbook a match, this is probably how to do it."[/i] As Jack Giedroyc walks up the entrance ramp in victory, Eddie Peak comes running through the curtain with a steel chair! He bashes Giedroyc with it four times before Giedroyc stays down, and then tosses him off of the ramp and through a table. Peak: I hope I've just demonstrated that I'm not afraid to get my hands dirty. And I hope that all six of you who thought it was a good idea to interfere in the main event will learn your lesson when you see what happens next Thursday. [b]B[/b] Overall: [b]C+[/b]

I like this one. It books DaVE as a legit hardcore fed with utter chaos and constant violence, as opposed to... say... a primadonna psych-101 fed. So I'm glad to see this on the boards, even if you didn't hire Mark Cuban. Renovate your testicles with a claw hammer is the line of the century. I understand firing Emma Chase - if you are really trying to stay afloat, she's obvious dead weight.

[QUOTE=Monkeypox;323125]If you are really trying to stay afloat, she's obvious dead weight.[/QUOTE] Actually, Emma floats very well. Thank you, I'll be here all week. There's a beautiful imbalance of anarchy in this DaVE dynasty. And while some on the boards might say 'Eddie Peak lucid is anti-Monkeypox' I'm digging another take on the Great White Sharkmissioner. I would like you to format the diary a bit better. I enjoy the dialogue heavy style, since I enjoy dialogue, but I would enjoy the names bolded or perhaps the segments broken up to make it easier to follow. Or with hanging paragraphs so that the dialogue, matches and out-of-ring action doesn't have the same look. I'm not asking for a graphics heavy diary at all. Just one a bit easier to follow along with. Other than that, I'm enjoying where the story seems to be heading... ok... I can't really say that since due to the pure pandemonium of it all I have no idea where the next stop is... but that's what I'm enjoying. :D

[b][size=5]DAVE Major Announcements![/size][/b] It looks like the releases of Tank Bradley, Hell's Bouncer and Cat Jemson earlier this week were only the beginning of some changes for DAVE. The company's website recently announced a freshly inked deal with pay-per-view carrier American Option, and at least the next six big events for DAVE will be aired through them. The first of these events, DAVE's Counter Culture, will be aired the first Monday of February. It would also seem that DAVE has made as many as eight signings from both the far west and the far east. Japanese indy cult favorite Bairei Yasujiro is one of those signings, as well as former HGC Cruiserweight Silver Shark. It would also appear that earlier reports on the releases of Carl Batch and Shawn Gonzalez were greatly exaggerated. Batch's new position of head booker for UK promotion Men of Steel Combat will not affect his appearances at TV tapings, and Gonzalez has said that since he lives in California and already makes the flight to Philly every week that his new job as head booker of Coastal Zone Combat Wrestling will not cause him to miss any television dates. Emma Chase's firing on Danger Zone TV is also said to be part of a larger storyline. One source on the DAVE booking team went as far as to say that being removed from a role as commentator is actually a sign of DAVE's faith in her, as they would like her to take a more proactive role within the company.

Archived