Veronika Sablikova is murdering everyone in my game, after a really crap start that involved losing to Karen Curtis (understandable), Leslie Myers (less understandable) and Hope Lehane (wtf?) all in a row, she's absolutely dominated (KO or TKO'd) Hester Maclean, Chelsea Lawson, three cans and her huge rematch against Karen Curtis to dominate the heavyweight title for over a year now. I can't find anyone good enough at avoiding takedowns to get rid of her, and she's pretty much unable to crack the two-star ceiling on her matches, regardless of hype. Crossing my fingers on Haley Croft... Oh, and she was female wrester of the year in 1997 after going 6-0.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I have been running my GAMMA promotion since the game starts in mid 96 and am now up to April of 99. In Alpha-1 Feezik beats Jeff Carlton via KO, Stratos via KO, Hiro Arai via KO, and Carter Potter via submission. Then he finally loses by TKO to Grzegorz Boniek in February of 98. He has yet to fight again but hasn't retired either - guess he's just taking that loss "real" hard. Since that fight Boniek has only defended one time - in October of 98 successfully against Gunnar Nilsson via decision. In my GAMMA promotion I've had a few upsets of note - at least to me: My Heavyweight division is just one surprise after another in the title match picture. Raul Hughes beats Foster in June of 96. He makes one defense and then loses the title to Tony McCall in September of 96. McCall loses in his first defense in January of 97 to Tim Boyer. Boyer makes one defense and loses to Foster in October of 97. Foster makes 2 defenses and now has lost the title to Lefter Oktay who is the current champ with one defense. It seems like all of my Heavyweight Champions can't hold the title long at all.... In my Light Heavyweight class I had Asanovic plow through everyone with 5 successful defenses and fighter of the year 96 to lose to Mike Watson June of 97. No real surprise title switches here though In Middleweight I did have Stuart Strange upset De Vries for the title in September of 97 only to get obliterated his next match (not surprisingly) by Buddy Garner who won his first Middleweight Title. In my Lightweight class I had decided to let Sean Morrison have one more defense before I moved him up to Welterweight. He had successfully defended the belt 12 times and no one had came close to beating him - mostly he had first or second round KO's for his wins. I give Marcus Speed a title match as he had won 3 in a row and he KO's Morrison in the 1st round. Then I put Morrison in the Welterweight class and try to give him a "decent" match first time out with Randy Carsley who TKO's him in round 1. Dang you Morrison - I had SUCH big plans for your Welterweight Title run.

Malcolm O' Hearn vs Sean Morrison was rated as a High in interest, so I just decided to put it on the show for filler. O' Hearn had just come off a defeat, so I decided to not make it a title fight. He beat Morrison pretty badly. It was 30-27 from all the judges. Good thing it wasn't a title fight... Also, I've had Raul Hughes go down in his first title defense to McCall. Then McCall loses it to Oktay in his first title defense. Then Oktay loses it to Boyer in his first title defense. Now I'm booking Foster vs Boyer, and I'm thinking it could go either way.

[QUOTE=BrokenCycle;338231]Also, I've had Raul Hughes go down in his first title defense to McCall. Then McCall loses it to Oktay in his first title defense. Then Oktay loses it to Boyer in his first title defense. Now I'm booking Foster vs Boyer, and I'm thinking it could go either way.[/QUOTE] Similar thing happened in my GAMMA game. Foster won it from Raul Hughes, and lost on his first title defense to Tim Boyer, who had his first title defense against Steve Mason. Mason was on a pretty bad losing streak, and Boyer had beaten him nearly two years before, so I figured he'd be a pretty good guy to give Boyer's reign a certain defense while still getting a reasonably successful main out of it. As you'd probably guess at this point, Mason won.

Mike Watson is a monster. He is 17-0 in my game including a 5* title defense against Asanovic. Anyway, It seems Morrison is not psycologically prepared for a defeat. Every time he losses a match, he losses at least 3 more in a row. In my game, after he lost the title to Ricardo Fernandes, he lost 3 more matches including one to Jamie Hewitt(who was 3-7 at the moment). Another upset was Silvio Scirea beating Lefter Oktay. Thankfully, Oktay was not the champ and then went on to tear Silvio in a rematch.

I guess it's not really an upset, but Ripper Rivero took the belt off LeToussier in what I wanted to be the first of LeToussier's many defences. Then I tried really hard to get the belt off of him by giving him Asanovic, Laurent, and Watson, and he knocked them all out. So I've given up on taking the strap from him; just give him the fight against whoever's hot, and he kills them.

Oscar Gomez beat Nicolai Mickiewicz tko rd1 1:52 This was supposed to be a gimmie match for Nicolai as he had lost to Shane Gilchrist and wanted to give him some momentum. and in a diferent game Tomohiko Inokuma beat Mathew Dean cut rd1 :39 won the Gamma MiddleWeight Title not bad for a first fight:D he is the regeneration of the Japanese fighter who usually retires 1-2 weeks into the game

I've had so many upsets, they're not worth mentioning anymore. Everybody who seemed to be "that guy" who tears through everybody has fallen. Kimie Igrashi, Katie-Jayne Paulson, Datuk Ong Ta King, Alexander Ivanov, Eiko whatshername, Bill Brown, Mike Watson, Uwe Maier, and Rav Kapur. But then you have guys like Sean Morrison, Julio Reguerio, Martin DeVries, James Foster, and Tim Boyer who keep having glimpses of greatness fall back down and then rise to the top again. The only sure thing in my game is Carlos De Guia but he's being fed cans by the AI in Alpha-1 and he's still lost once. Only person in the game with 750K/750K 10match 40months contract though.

Rav Kapur has been on a tear on my game. He KOed James Foster & Leftar Oktay in the 2nd round (Won the GAMMA Hvywt title), and KO'ed Stafford Alois in the 1st round @ 45 seconds. Lukas Mellberg had gone 16-0 and won the Welterweight title and was a beast on a rolling contract. Then I put him on a big money Premier contract....and of course he gets KO'ed in the first round by Julio Reguireo and drops the title!

[QUOTE=cainekass;344232]Rav Kapur has been on a tear on my game. He KOed James Foster & Leftar Oktay in the 2nd round (Won the GAMMA Hvywt title), and KO'ed Stafford Alois in the 1st round @ 45 seconds. Lukas Mellberg had gone 16-0 and won the Welterweight title and was a beast on a rolling contract. Then I put him on a big money Premier contract....and of course he gets KO'ed in the first round by Julio Reguireo and drops the title![/QUOTE] lukas mellberg was also 16-0 in my game won the title and then lost it and is now 16-4

In my new GAMMA game, Jethro Munter seems to be that can that alwways ruins a good thing. He is something like 4-12, but those four wins have been major upsets of big stars. I even fancied feeding him another can to see if I could make something off him, but he seems to be the kind of guy who gets knocked out by cans, but beats the big boys.

I set up a Zvonimir Asanovic/Jerry Bogdonovich in what was suppose to be a tune-up fight before Zvonimir got a title rematch against Anthony LeToussier but Bogdonovich knocked him out in the third. Luckily for me, Zvonimir rebounded with wins over Rob Baines and J.J Reid before beating LeToussier by 5th round TKO in a 5 star epic. Mike Watson dropped a UD to Bryan Van Den Hauwe in his second fight for me. He's since rebounded with 5 straight wins topped off with a big win over Leon Banks earning him the next shot at Zvonimir. Leon Banks got his head taken off by Percy Catcher in the 1st round during his GAMMA debut. Catcher has turned in to a damn good fighter for me. Sean Morrison has kept failing in his big fights during my game. He got TKOed in the first by Giovani Silva in his first fight in my game and then got subbed in the 5th by De Souza in the 5th round of De Souza first title defense. Mario De Souza has been the only LW champion to successfully defend the title. Not really upsets but Raul Hughes has been a complete monster in my game beating Oktay, Fatuma Roy, James Foster, Tim Boyer, and Stafford Alois with only Boyer getting past the second. Boyer saw the final bell but also lost every round of the fight.

Archived