Anyone had an upsets yet, thought i would ask since what happened in my first main event Jamie Foster vs. Lefter Oktay. Both men are considered amongst the best so neither winning would be an upset except Foster got KO'ed in something like 50 seconds....which shocked me. EDIT: Also had a upset earlier on the card, signed Russell McPhee cuz he had the look but his skills wern't nothin special. So i decided to test him against someone who had a mixed record. So i put him against Fatuma Roy. Russell got his ass handed to him right up to the end of the third round when he got a lucky (I presume) punch in and saved grace knocking Fatuma spark out.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That's the assumption Authority, yes. You'll notice a couple of things: 1 - He lost his title to a big puncher in Raul Hughes 2 - He's the golden boy of GAMMA, and so likely gets protected as to what opponents he gets fed. Although he has a tendency to get knocked out occasionally, he can be absolutely devastating if the other guy can't get punches in. Some games he tends to be absolutely dominant, some games he seems to struggle, it's an oddity that is entirely down to luck it seems.

Damn it again, 2nd game...wanted to try out a TV Special. Main Event once again Foster vs. Oktay and once again 1st round 52 seconds in bang Foster gets KO'ed again. He pinned Oktay against the cage, but once Oktay escaped one Elbow to the jaw and he's out....i think that was Oktays only move in the report lol. Also Blurcar printed my fighters earnings and my two biggest earners both lost in the first round.....Shows GAMMA's eye for talent :P.

I don't recall ever having Foster lose to Oktay during testing so that certainly surprises me. Biggest upsets i've had both involve the same guy: Shane Gilchrist. He's not a bad fighter so I was shocked when he lost to Oscar Gomez and Manol Sirakov. Manol Sirakov also had a winning streak that led him all the way to the Heavyweight championship, which was a string of upsets in itself, but he then went on to win the title too! :eek:

[QUOTE=Midnightnick;327456]Here's a major Upset for you. Steph Smith victory by 1st Round TKO in 1:40 Loser? Jenny DeNeuve[/QUOTE] Steph Smith isn't a bad fighter, but she shouldn't be beating Jenny DeNeuve! :eek: [QUOTE=PoisonedSuperman;327473]Buddy Gardners first ever lose is to Maarten De Vries[/QUOTE] De Vries has powerful punches and kicks combined with great speed and strength. Don't have a stand up fight with him! ;)

Hmm... in my most recent game Foster knocked Stanley out cold in the 2nd round, so it seems sometimes sanity prevails with him. Thus far I haven't seen it, but figured I'd ask if anyone else has: anyone seen Fezzik's streak ended yet? In my games he's easily made Jeff Carlton, Gunnar Nilsson and Kunimichi Kikuchi look like amateurs by comparison. But a lucky KO punch from someone like Hiro Arai or Grzegorz Boniek isn't out of the question, is it?

[QUOTE=SadisticBlessings;327477]Hmm... in my most recent game Foster knocked Stanley out cold in the 2nd round, so it seems sometimes sanity prevails with him. Thus far I haven't seen it, but figured I'd ask if anyone else has: anyone seen Fezzik's streak ended yet? In my games he's easily made Jeff Carlton, Gunnar Nilsson and Kunimichi Kikuchi look like amateurs by comparison. [/quote] That's why he's pound for pound the best fighter in the world. ;) [QUOTE=SadisticBlessings;327477]But a lucky KO punch from someone like Hiro Arai or Grzegorz Boniek isn't out of the question, is it?[/QUOTE] Anything's possible.

Archived