[QUOTE=PoisonedSuperman;327481]Some guy who just debuted had a fight with the recently knocked out Raul Hughes and Hughes won by descision 29 to 28. Not really an upset but close I guess. With his contract up after his next fight he's not going to get renewed. What is wrong with him?? Anyways the demo has ended.[/QUOTE] Look at Hughes' Main Weaknesses on the Scout page. His fighting style is one dimensional and focuses on punching, any decent fighter that can take him down to the ground is pretty much going to take him to school.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hassan Fezzik just got KO'ed in my first ALPHA-1 Main Event against Jeff Carlton. Hassan was controlling Jeff with ease and looked close to KO'ing him in both 3rd and 4th round then in 5th he got pushed back from a clinch, stumbled then two hits later he is out cold. Not only is that his first ever lost its also the only offense i can remember Jeff getting in last 2 rounds of the fight. I love this game though i feel bad now Hassan won't retire undefeated.

I know it doesn't count, but Fedor TKO'd Fezzik, and Big Nog Split Decisioned him. Mirko got beat up. Randy got split decisioned. Sylvia got destroyed on the ground. Arlovski KO'd him in 34 seconds. Brandon Vera got destroyed for 4 minutes and TKO'd. Frank Mir got decisioned. Heath Herring beat him for two rounds then got sloppy and got subbed. :\ Josh Barnett TKO'd him twice in the first couple minutes.

Atep of Indonesia took the ALPHA-1 lightweight belt from Go Yamamoto! Early in the first round Atep scores a big high kick. He isn't even ranked! :D Atep got to fight Yamamoto after getting a win from much experienced fighter and due to his charisma I put him in the title match in my tv debut. I thought it would make a good match and Atep gets experience and Yamamoto kets another notch to his belt. :D Well I'm quite happy with that outcome also...

[QUOTE=The Bus;327630]Atep of Indonesia took the ALPHA-1 lightweight belt from Go Yamamoto! Early in the first round Atep scores a big high kick. He isn't even ranked! :D Atep got to fight Yamamoto after getting a win from much experienced fighter and due to his charisma I put him in the title match in my tv debut. I thought it would make a good match and Atep gets experience and Yamamoto kets another notch to his belt. :D Well I'm quite happy with that outcome also...[/QUOTE] Same thing happened to me. Very suprised.

I edited the database to make Jesse Singh a beast; he had the looks so I thought he was perfect to give a 16-0 record and to face off against James Foster. Singh was an amazing striker with excellent defense, but he was sometimes reckless and didn't plan properly. The scheduled match against Foster was considered massive and called a "dream match". A bit less than a minute and a half in, Foster blocked a kick and KOed Singh with a single punch. A 5 star, 1:24 fight. Tony McCall beating Raul Hughes by a leglock submission in 46 seconds is another surprise.

Biggest upset for me thus far has been Umeka Fujiwara going over Vickie Summers by Judges decision. Fujiwara just flew out of the gate and withered Summers with kicks for the first round and most of the second with Summers either just barely avoiding potentionally KOing strikes or covering up until the third round, when she managed to get Fujiwara down but couldn't get the armbar she was looking for locked in before the final bell. Umeka Fujiwara has became my Ladies Champion with a career fight history of 3-0 and I'm just floored.

While testing more of the heavyweights, I put Pawel Nastula vs Kunimichi Kikuchi since in terms of story he's supposed to be the Nog of the Alpha-1 Promotion. #2. ... Pawel subbed him in the 3rd with a guillotine. I was like, "o.O;" Then I looked at Kikuchi's scouting and suddenly it made more sense.

[QUOTE=BlizzardVeers;329964]While testing more of the heavyweights, I put Pawel Nastula vs Kunimichi Kikuchi since in terms of story he's supposed to be the Nog of the Alpha-1 Promotion. #2. ... Pawel subbed him in the 3rd with a guillotine. I was like, "o.O;" Then I looked at Kikuchi's scouting and suddenly it made more sense.[/QUOTE] Steroids aside in his 4 fights, Nastula fought (and lost) against top 10 opposition 3 times and never got completely owned or embarassed. He is/was pretty damn good.

[QUOTE=Tommy J.;330090]I just had Heather MacLean decision Karen Curtis, who the scout reports make out to be almost unbeatable.[/QUOTE] Personally, I think Karen Curtis belongs in the LW division because fighters like Maclean, Lawson, and McCoy TOWER over her. I think she's a really good fighter, just not against giants. :)

Archived