[QUOTE=James Casey;349645]True... but if Adam ever ran a competition where the winner got to become a C-verse character... Can you imagine how cool that'd be?[/QUOTE] thats more what i had in mind but at work & didnt hve enough time to type my idea up lol

I think you have to look at this from Adams point of view. Adding one character suggestion from the forum could be a potential disaster, even in competition form. He would then be dealing with countless threads of other people asking to be in the game as well as increased expectations about people he would allow to be in the sequels. And most importantly the C-verse being completely fictional allows him to have complete control over character developement, he can decide who has drug problems, who has potential and who will eventually be over. These characters aren't going to get their feelings hurt if Adam makes them take a turn for the worse but a forum member would. And finally if the member of the board that won the competition was a..... lets say less popular member of the board then there is the possibility of a hate campaign against that character in dynasties in such and in turn causing more agro on the boards. Sorry if I haven't explained properly but I do a little bit of sales, marketing, and PR for my local fed and before I started they had an idea of letting the chairman of their fan club decide a gimmick for one of the newstarts, imagine the unrest among the fans when the boy just didn't have the heart to pull off the character and the gimmick was dropped, this took a lot for the fed to come back from. Sorry to go on lol :rolleyes:

Yes we do, GDE. Yes we do.... :D Anyhow, let Adam handle all new characters in the game. If you want to create a character for your game, use the editor. It's super-duper-easy! You can basically create a character in 5 minutes (2 if ye're a quickie!).

[QUOTE=Beeker;351870]Also if someone wants to have their own character(s) be in a verse, sebsplex is making the GDSVerse over in the Mods section. Here's the link... [url]http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showthread.php?t=25836[/url][/QUOTE] This is probably your best bet... I'm pretty sure someone will eventually find a way to combine (or it might be really easy with TEW08) the two mods into one. There is the "Combine" database's thing for WMMA, which I am hoping TEW has as well. It combines two database's into one, with contracts, relations and all ready to go. I can't imagine the GDSVerse not getting an updated version into the TEW08 game, probably will make one for each in my opinion.

[QUOTE=Wallbanger;349721]You could still end up in some of the media reports..."On our message boards DannyDemon said 'I predicted weeks ago this would happen!'" I hope Adam adds a few more GDS handles to those variable lists. :)[/QUOTE] Hey you and me both buddy ;) I still get a rise out of it whenever Panix04 says something like that, and now that I know Undertaker666's name is Steve Smith, I get that reference in-game too. I don't think I've had enough impact here to be included like that (I don't do any mods or work on the game itself, or even run a dynasty), but it would be so much gold to see [I]Moe Hunter was quoted as saying "It's been suggested before, but it's a good one"[/I] or something :P

[QUOTE=takertitan;356189]is there a program that generates GDS/c-verse character images?[/QUOTE] Original renders are done with Poser or Daz 3D or some other 3D rendering software. Many of the alternate pictures are simply done with photoshop or gimp (this is the software I use for the alternate pics I have done).

Archived