Beer....

Undertaker666

[QUOTE=Blasphemywebleed;360069]That reminds me of something. There was a story in my local paper last week about a paedophile who used to go to this certain club in Edinburgh because he knew the bouncers didnt I.D people at the club. I cant remember the ages exactly but I think he slept with something like 10 girls aged between 12 and 14. When he got put up in court he got off on a technicality because he claimed he thought they were over age because they were in the club and it was the clubs responsiblity to ensure that he didnt pick up under age girls. I'd have locked him up and threw away the key. THink he was in his late forties if I remember.[/QUOTE] [QUOTE=masterded;360073]One of my biggest issues with are legal system the lack of punishment for child sex crimes. There is this 2 time convicted child molester I wish I didn't know (but you don't pick your aunts husbands). Who molested his daughter and her best friend and served a grand total of less then 4 years. Though now the laws are getting much tougher. Oh yeah he also once he got out of jail lived with another child molester across the street from a park.[/QUOTE] Amputation is the answer. a) they wouldn't do it again b) it would act as a great deterrent for any sick freak even considering such things

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Agreed. Britain also really need to bring back capital punishment. I think that your punishment should fit your crime. If you kill someone, it should be automatic death sentence none of this manslaughter crap either, and I feel that the victims family should have every right to carry out the execution if they want. Child molesters should have their dicks cut off. Rapists should be put in a room with panix and taker for an hour. And robbers should have to pay for all damages, property taken and also compensation to the family that they have stolen from.

[QUOTE=Blasphemywebleed;360076]If you kill someone, it should be automatic death sentence[/quote] I don't agree. That's the quick and easy way out for them, they should be made to live out the rest of their lives in misery. [QUOTE=Blasphemywebleed;360076]none of this manslaughter crap either[/quote] There are cases where the death was accidental as a result of someone elses actions though. That (to me) is different when someone has murdered with intent. [QUOTE=Blasphemywebleed;360076]and I feel that the victims family should have every right to carry out the execution if they want.[/quote] They should be allowed to choose the punishment, not necessarily just choose between execution or not. [QUOTE=Blasphemywebleed;360076]Rapists should be put in a room with panix and taker for an hour.[/quote] Give me a box of rubber ducks and they'd never do such a thing ever again! :p [QUOTE=Blasphemywebleed;360076]And robbers should have to pay for all damages, property taken and also compensation to the family that they have stolen from.[/QUOTE] Yep. To some extent they've got it right in the far east, if you're caught stealing you get your hands chopped off. If that happened over here i'd guarantee that there'd be an instant decrease in theft crimes.

[QUOTE=Blasphemywebleed;360076]Agreed. Britain also really need to bring back capital punishment. I think that your punishment should fit your crime. If you kill someone, it should be automatic death sentence none of this manslaughter crap either, and I feel that the victims family should have every right to carry out the execution if they want. Child molesters should have their dicks cut off. Rapists should be put in a room with panix and taker for an hour. And robbers should have to pay for all damages, property taken and also compensation to the family that they have stolen from.[/QUOTE] Whilst I agree that the death sentence might be a good deterrent and would certainly cut down on some of the reduced sentences due to prison overcrowding. I do think when it comes to murder there are very definite grey areas! For example: If you plot and plan on taking somebody out, so you can rob them. Fair enough, that shows an evil amount of malice and a destructive mentality. But if somebody tries to break into your house and you kill that dude defending your family, then thats completely different! I think there are so many shades of grey there it is unreal. But i don't want to discuss it too much 'cos i have seen were these talks can lead! :)

So um what where some fun drinking times you guys had? I'll start with the party we had up at my cousins in November to celebrate his and my other cousins new jobs as truckers (They hit the road for 32 days after the weekend). My cousin lives out in the country some where in Wisconsin (don't know the towns name). So me my cousin his brother and my best friend go up there early to set everything up. Buy some tequila and such (the fridge was already stalked with enough beer to last the winter). So about 5 we expect people to be there soon so we start drinking and finally about 9pm people start coming us 4 and the cousin who lives out there are all have a nice buzz going (okay we where drunk) So the bon fire is weak and we didn't collect much wood. Though we are surrounded by forest and knocked down trees it is to dark to see anything. So me and my cousin who live out there go to his car dive it down the hill and then up the hill surrounding the trailer (which my cousin who lives here owns and is across the street from the one who lives there. it is where the party was) Then turn on the lights and we all go on a mission to get as much wood as we can. Now we are getting a good amount though one of my cousins is outshining us all he uproots to trees (though not the biggest trees about as round as an arm and maybe 12 feet tall). We are all falling about and laughing are asses off. Finally we have a good fire going and plenty of wood. So we are all gathered around cousins friends and all and someone says that there is a couch across the street in (at my cousins farm) that is in the middle of the woods and that we should light it up. At this time it is about 11 or so and we are all (or at least the 5 of us who started at 5)pretty messed up so of course we think it is a good idea. So me my cousin who lives out here and my best friend all jump in the truck. My cousin driving and me and my friend in the back. Go up the hill backwards (didn't think we would get back up) we go across the street and through the woods to fine the couch. Quickly we throw it in the back me and my friend jump on it and off we go. We get back to the fire a few more people have arrived and along with them more Tequila. We take are shot throw the couch in the fire and get a nice though possibly toxic little burst of fire. Someone even took a picture of the fire it looks like a face kind of cool. So we drink some more. Then spend some time taking a bunch of group pictures. Having some general fun and some more shots (though by this time you just grab a bottle and take a chug). So after a while (who knows what time it was) we all go inside. Inside more dinking occurs we somehow manage not only to throw some pizzas into the oven, but we are also able to hook up a PS2 and GH3 and play that and drink some more then finally comes the point of black. Then waking up lying on the floor surprisingly with my pillow and blanket with my cousin who looks like an ax murder steering at me as he wakes up lying on a couch with his feet on top of my friend. Over all a great night.

I like playing a drinking version of spoof! For the un-initiated, in a game of spoof each player has three coins. they all hold either 0,1,2 or all three coins in there right hand and hold it out to show everybody (with the coins clecnhed in there fist so nobody can see. The aim of the game is to correctly guess the total amout of coins and thus eliminate yourself. In the drinking version you can play it were the person who fails to eliminate themselves has to down there pint, but so much more fun is when you get elimintaed you pour a bit of your bevearge into an empty glass in the middle. If you are with a group of people with very different tastes you can end up with some really nasty concoctions in the "down glass" it is all good fun!

[QUOTE=BlueStar;360385]Belgium is great for beers, and here's the link to the yearly beer festival I organize... [url]www.herentalsebierfeesten.be[/url][/QUOTE] I wish I could join you but the chances of me convincing "her in doors" to let me swan of to europe to enjoy chugging back flaggons of ale are slim. I'm a big fan of beer festivals. The people there are really friendly and its not usually alcaholic types either, its just filled with people who like the taste of beer! We get 4 festivals a year that im able to get to (roughly) but my fave is the one at tuckers maltings. The event takes part in one of the rooms they use to make the beer (im not going to pretend to understand the process) it has a really low ceiling and there is a live band. Plus the beer is always pretty darn cold (the outdoor one i go to can lead to really nasty warm beer!)

Gotta try to come over, Panix. It's real easy to reach with public transport. Not to brag, but we have one of the best choices of beer each year as far as a festival is concerned. We have 10 beers on tap, usually 2 very rare ones. And have about 115 beers on bottle...all Belgian.

thats strange to me. The bear festivals down here in the westcountry usually don't have any bottles. The are all served straight from the upturned keg. There are usually atleast 100 beers to choose from (i think) two of the festivals only serve real ales. But the one at Newton Abbot racecourse does ciders and lagers too (im a cider drinker normally but some of those real ciders scare the crap out of me!)

doubles and triples? We do have some unusual beers here in England. Honey based beers and stuff. I'm not a big fan to be honest. And despite the fact that i'm a big guiness fan i'm not overly keen on the various stout's you can get at the festivals. I guess i like the smoothness of guiness. Its not all nice stuff though, i tried a 10% beer called devon 10der last year and it was like drinking urine mixed with vinegar. It was one of those moments that you end up being glad that some beer festivals only give you a half pint glass!

[QUOTE=panix04;360422]doubles and triples? We do have some unusual beers here in England. Honey based beers and stuff. I'm not a big fan to be honest. And despite the fact that i'm a big guiness fan i'm not overly keen on the various stout's you can get at the festivals. I guess i like the smoothness of guiness. Its not all nice stuff though, i tried a 10% beer called devon 10der last year and it was like drinking urine mixed with vinegar. It was one of those moments that you end up being glad that some beer festivals only give you a half pint glass![/QUOTE] Double & Tripple : has to do with the fermentation of the beer. Ales only have one, doubles 2 and tripples 3. A side effect is the increase in alcohol percentage. You must know something like Leffe. A Belgian main-stream beer...they have a dark version (double) and 2 light version (one is the standard, the other the tripple).

[QUOTE=panix04;360428]Being as you live in the midlands I would imagine they have a stand dedicated to purely Cobra and Tiger beer! You gotta love the midlands if you want a good curry![/QUOTE] We do have a good selection of curry houses around here but it's areas like Walsall, Wolverhampton and Birmingham where the Midlands has got it's "land of curry" reputation from. (coincidentally, a lot of Cobra lager contributed to the creation of this thread! :D) [QUOTE=BlueStar;360429]Double & Tripple : has to do with the fermentation of the beer. Ales only have one, doubles 2 and tripples 3. A side effect is the increase in alcohol percentage. You must know something like Leffe. A Belgian main-stream beer...they have a dark version (double) and 2 light version (one is the standard, the other the tripple).[/QUOTE] Ahhhhhh Leffe, 'tis a fine beer. :)

[QUOTE=BlueStar;360429]Double & Tripple : has to do with the fermentation of the beer. Ales only have one, doubles 2 and tripples 3. A side effect is the increase in alcohol percentage. You must know something like Leffe. A Belgian main-stream beer...they have a dark version (double) and 2 light version (one is the standard, the other the tripple).[/QUOTE] yuk, nasty stuff that! I always thought it somewhat sacraficed the flavour in favour of a stronger content. [QUOTE=Undertaker666;360433]We do have a good selection of curry houses around here but it's areas like Walsall, Wolverhampton and Birmingham where the Midlands has got it's "land of curry" reputation from. (coincidentally, a lot of Cobra lager contributed to the creation of this thread! :D)[/QUOTE] I have been there my friend. Incidentally do you go for a curry often? Im not particuarly adventurous, but I do like a nice bhuna. But i wouldn't mind something with a bit more of a kick. I tried a jalfrezi and the spicieness was perhaps just a bit strong, which i wouldnt have minded but it wasn't very flavourful. Any recomendations? (and dont try to trick me into a vindaloo or a faal. Its mean!)

Archived