The ultimate playlist

Blasphemywebleed

Hey Folks, I am currently trying to put together the ultimate sing along play list. I prefer 80's music for my shower karaoke antics but I'm open to 90's suggestions. To be honest I dont listen to much modern music outside of Heavy metal, Power metal, or black metal but I do have a major soft spot for 80's music especially power ballads. I have so far: 1. Journey - Any Way You want it 2. Journey - Dont stop beleiving 3. Kiss - Crazy Nights 4. Van Halen - Jump 5. Poison - Every Rose Has Its Thorn 6. Alice Cooper - Poison 7. AC/DC - You Shook me all night long (not cheesy but infact my favourite song ever) 8. Kansas - Carry On My Wayward Son 9. Heart - Alone (Epic womany power ballad goodness) 10. Lynrd Skynrd - Simple Man (their best song in my opinion) 11. Lynrd Skynrd - Freebird (COuldnt really leave it out) 12. Bruce Springsteen - Down to the river 13. George Thorogood - Bad to the bone 14. The Who - Baba O'Riley (some know it as teenage wasteland) 15. Boston - More than a Feeling 16. Foreigner - I wanna know what love is 17. Whitesnake - Here I go again on my own 18. Europe - Carrie 19. The Cars - Drive 20. Phil Collins - Against all odds. Well thats what I have so far but I'm hoping to get it up to around 40 - 50 songs. I could flesh it out with anything by Phil Collins....... legend.

This should be fun. First off as I dad to almost every musical converation I have, check out Alter Bridge, they rule. And by the way the live version of You Shook Me All Night Long on the live album kicks the studio versions ass all day long. I realsie alot of my selections are recent-ish but what can you do I'm young. You should check out anything by The Mayfield Four, a nineties band. Jeff Buckley - Hallelujah The Waterboys - Fisherman's Blues Foo Fighters - My Hero Robbie Robb - In Time (Out of Bill And Ted) Metallica - Fade To Black Iron Maiden - Fear Of The Dark Rise Against - Survive The Verve - The Drugs Don't Work Tom Petty And The Heartbreakers - Free Fallin' Feeder - Just A Day The Doors - Riders On The Storm System Of A Down - Chop Suey

interesting fact, phil collins was the only member of genesis not to go to my old school. Personally I'd have free bird at the top of the list but so few of my mates have even heard of that song that I have the upmost respect for you for including it. I'd put a Guns and Roses song in there along with Led Zepplin. Meat Loaf can totally rock the power ballads as well as Bon Jovi. As for modern music I'd look at Paramore and Evanesence. Bonnie Tyler's total eclipse of the heart is a power ballad classic. Raindow - "since you've been gone" is also in my top 50. Kelly Clarkson, despite her manufactured roots, is also a very good option as a modern day power ballad.

Guest The Aussie
Well, I've been singing a lot of 'Whiskey in the Jar' by Metallica in the shower as well as a few things by Nirvana such as Anuyersm and Territorial Pissings. However, you forgot one song from the 80's that is perfect for just being an idiot to. That song is Centrefold by the J Geils Band.

Im pretty sure this wont be most peopleto on here's taste, but I'm listening to a CD I've made at the minute which consists of: 1. London Belongs To Me - The Brights (Check them out if you've not heard them, seriously!) 2. This Charming Man - The Smiths 3. Inbetween Days - The Cure 4. I Bet You Look Good On The Dance Floor - Arctic Monkeys 5. Town Called Malice - The Jam 6. In The Morning - Razorlight 7. When You Were Young - The Killers 8. Acquiesce - Oasis 9. Brewster - Milburn 10. There She Goes - The La's 11. Still Ill - The Smiths 12. Stuntman - Kasabian 13. Mr Brightside - The Killers 14. We Hate It When Our Friends Become Successful - Morrissey 15. The Masterplan - Oasis 16. Common People - Pulp 17. Apply Some Pressure - Maximo Park 18. Talk Tonight - Oasis 19. Do You Remember? - Jack Johnson 20. Friday I'm In Love - The Cure 21. You Held The World In Your Arms - Idlewild

The latest compilation cd I made: 1. Danzig - Mother 2. Iron Maiden - Hallowed Be Thy Name 3. Nirvana - Come As You Are 4. Metallica - Welcome Home (Sanitarium) 5. Slayer - Raining Blood 6. Queens of the Stone Age - Go With The Flow 7. Limp Bizkit - My Generation 8. Tool - Lateralus 9. Audioslave - Cochise 10. Billy Talent - Fallen Leafs 11. Franz Ferdinand - Take Me Out 12. Helmet - Unsung 13. Three Doors Down - Kryptonite 14. Nickelback - Side of a Bullet 15. The Offspring - Self Esteem 16. The Killers - Bones 17. Three Days Grace - Pain 18. Rise Against - Ready to Fall 19. Sum 41 - Hell Song 20. System of a Down - Chop Suey

[QUOTE=Blasphemywebleed;361147]Hey Folks, I am currently trying to put together the ultimate sing along play list. I prefer 80's music for my shower karaoke antics but I'm open to 90's suggestions. To be honest I dont listen to much modern music outside of Heavy metal, Power metal, or black metal but I do have a major soft spot for 80's music especially power ballads. I have so far: 1. Journey - Any Way You want it 2. Journey - Dont stop beleiving 3. Kiss - Crazy Nights 4. Van Halen - Jump 5. Poison - Every Rose Has Its Thorn 6. Alice Cooper - Poison 7. AC/DC - You Shook me all night long (not cheesy but infact my favourite song ever) 8. Kansas - Carry On My Wayward Son 9. Heart - Alone (Epic womany power ballad goodness) 10. Lynrd Skynrd - Simple Man (their best song in my opinion) 11. Lynrd Skynrd - Freebird (COuldnt really leave it out) 12. Bruce Springsteen - Down to the river 13. George Thorogood - Bad to the bone 14. The Who - Baba O'Riley (some know it as teenage wasteland) 15. Boston - More than a Feeling 16. Foreigner - I wanna know what love is 17. Whitesnake - Here I go again on my own 18. Europe - Carrie 19. The Cars - Drive 20. Phil Collins - Against all odds. Well thats what I have so far but I'm hoping to get it up to around 40 - 50 songs. I could flesh it out with anything by Phil Collins....... legend.[/QUOTE] Okay. Let's see if I can flesh some stuff out for you. You're in my wheelhouse here so I should have some goodies for you. ABC - Poison Arrow Adam Ant -Goody Two Shoes Alannah Myles - Black Velvet Animotion - Obsession (Everything I've heard of them should work but Obsession is the famous one) Armored Saint - Can U Deliver (again hard to go wrong regardless of song) Berlin - The Metro Billy Squier - Rock Me Tonight Bonnie Tyler - Holdin Out For A Hero (since Total Eclipse has been mentioned) Chris DeBurgh - Don't Pay The Ferryman or The Lady In Red Corey Hart - Never Surrender Foreigner - Waiting For A Girl Like You (I like it better than yours personally) Heart - Magic Man (All good but tough to top Alone) Human League - Don't You Want Me Baby Jeff Healy Band - Angel Eyes (for your purpose. But "How Long Can a Man Be Strong" really rocks too) Kim Wilde - Love Is Holy (Much goodness from her but this is my favorite) Matthew Wilder - Break My Stride Mountain - Mississippi Queen (technically a bit early but it just rips) Mr. Mister - Broken Wings Plimsouls - A Million Miles Away Rupert Holmes - Him (Escape aka The Pina Colada Song may be his signature but this one may suit you better) Saga - On The Loose Vixen - Edge Of A Broken Heart When In Rome - The Promise Y & T - Don't Be Afraid Of The Dark For songs you might not know as well look up anything Kings of Leon. Since you like your Skynyrd swamp rock, they should be right up your alley. Big Sugar - again pretty much anything. Have yet to hear a bad one from them The New Cars - Not Tonight (captures vintage Cars beautifully) Kim Mitchell - Go For A Soda Joel Plaskett - Can I Go Nowhere With You Wide Mouth Mason - I Love Not Loving You Jeremy Fisher - High School That Girl Band - whatever you can get (local Heart-esque band findable in C/Net's music section I could practically go on all day

[QUOTE=The Aussie;361192]Well, I've been singing a lot of 'Whiskey in the Jar' by Metallica in the shower as well as a few things by Nirvana such as Anuyersm and Territorial Pissings. However, you forgot one song from the 80's that is perfect for just being an idiot to. That song is Centrefold by the J Geils Band.[/QUOTE] Oooh thanks for reminding me. I've added Thin Lizzy - Whiskey in the Jar. I love Metallica and they are one of my top 3 bands of all time but they just dont do the song justice. I've also added: Rainbow - More than a feeling Meat Loaf - 2 out of 3 aint bad Kansas - Dust in the wind The Cure - Boys dont cry The cure - Letters to elise AC/DC - She's got the jack AC/DC - Whole lot of rosie Phil Collins - In theair tonight I'm trying to stay away from modern stuff and I listen to Metallica and Maiden pretty much everyday.

Actually man, for Kansas I think I might have gone Carry On, Wayward Son. Dust In The Wind is good but it seems a little depressing for the purpose you seem to have in mind. And wouldn't More Than A Feeling be Boston instead of Rainbow? Or would this be a case of same title, different song I missed because the only Deep Purple spin-off I've caught up with well is Whitesnake?

[QUOTE=cappyboy;361395]Actually man, for Kansas I think I might have gone Carry On, Wayward Son. Dust In The Wind is good but it seems a little depressing for the purpose you seem to have in mind. And wouldn't More Than A Feeling be Boston instead of Rainbow? Or would this be a case of same title, different song I missed because the only Deep Purple spin-off I've caught up with well is Whitesnake?[/QUOTE] Carry on wayward son is already on it :) song 8. Nope you are correct about more than a feeling I got the band right wrong song, its cos I was listening to Boston at the time of posting. :o

[QUOTE=Blasphemywebleed;361397]Carry on wayward son is already on it :) song 8. Nope you are correct about more than a feeling I got the band right wrong song, its cos I was listening to Boston at the time of posting. :o[/QUOTE] Looks like a whoopsie for both of us then. I should have reviewed the list again. But I knew More Than A Feeling and Rainbow didn't quite fit. They were the darker Deep Purple spinoff as I recall.

[QUOTE=cappyboy;361399]Looks like a whoopsie for both of us then. I should have reviewed the list again. But I knew More Than A Feeling and Rainbow didn't quite fit. They were the darker Deep Purple spinoff as I recall.[/QUOTE] Yup you are spot on. Although I do think that some of Ritchie Blackmores best work was done with Rainbow.

Lets add some more I think would fit in here..... (sorry if some have been mentioned allready) Creed - My Sacrafice Guns n Roses - November Rain Puddle Of Mudd - She Hates Me The Undertones - Teenage Kicks The Who - My Generation Air Supply - All Out Of Love Carly Simon - Nobody Does It Better Joe ****er & Jennifer Warnes - Up Where We Belong (CLASSIC!!!!) Kim Wilde - Kids In America Meat Load - Bat Out Of Hell Starship - We Built This City Rainbow - Since Youve Been Gone The Animals - House Of The Rising Song The Knack - My Sharona Kiss - Crazy Crazy Nights Alice Cooper - Poison Poison - Unskinny Bop Warrent - Cherry Pie Motley Crue - Girls Girls Girls Probably think of more later

heres what im going to contribute cuz its what Ive been listening too.. Tom Petty - Waiting Tom Petty - Breakdown Tom Petty - Don't do me like that Tom Petty - Refugee Tom Petty - Listen to her heart Tom Petty - You got Lucky Tom Petty - I won't back down Tom Petty - Free Fallin Tom Petty - Learning to Fly Tom Petty - Into the great wide open Tom Petty - Mary Janes Last Dance Tom Petty - Something in the air Phil Collins - in the air tonight Guns n Roses - Sweet Child o Mine Guns n Roses - Welcome to the Jungle Stone Temple Pilots - Interstate Love Song Thats what I got for now I gotta go to work but Ill post more later

Archived