Who is most likely to have retired by 2008?

My guess for biggest names to have retired is Eric Tyler in DAVE, passing the torch to either Big Cat Brandon or Joey Minnesota and Elemental II in Japan, passinng the torch to American Elemental as Elemental III in BHOTWG. Other notables Dread, Pistol Pete Hall, Stomper, Corporal Doom and Captain USA.

Steve Flash, without a doubt. Given his age and how overwhelmingly popular he was in 07 CVerse diaries, I've got a feeling deep in my gut that his status is going to change HUGE. I'm thinking he'll be a road agent on a written to NOTBPW or somebody. Consider the changes that occurred to the CVerse darlings of 05 (Champagne Lover, Hell Monkey, American Elemental, etc). I also think Alicia Strong is going to be locked up somewhere or otherwise unaccessible to the world at large (but not retired).

[QUOTE=Remianen;363652]Steve Flash, without a doubt. Given his age and how overwhelmingly popular he was in 07 CVerse diaries, I've got a feeling deep in my gut that his status is going to change HUGE. I'm thinking he'll be a road agent on a written to NOTBPW or somebody. Consider the changes that occurred to the CVerse darlings of 05 (Champagne Lover, Hell Monkey, American Elemental, etc). I also think Alicia Strong is going to be locked up somewhere or otherwise unaccessible to the world at large (but not retired).[/QUOTE] I don't see Flash retired yet as he will only be 41 in 2008 and there are tons of wrestlers older than him in NYCW alone. Whistler seems a more likely prospect to be retired and FLash is one of the only good things NYCW has when starting out. From what I have seen, each of the smaller feds have one or two advantages built in to offset their low starting popularity. MAW- young, cheap talent with great growth potential and Rip Chords overness and entertainment skills. USPW- Bruce's overness and a TV deal to offset a lousy roster. CZCW- several high quality high flyers and the highest overness of all the smaller promotions. NYCW- higher overness of the main eventers and the best pure wrestler below regional in the US , offset by much higher salaries. I don't think Adam is going to take away the few positives available to the smaller promotions.

Definitely Alysain Scottsfield, Saionji Omura, Demon Spite, Danger Kamusaka and The Stomper, and most likely Pistol Pete Hall, Corporal Doom, Sam Keith, Vin Tanner, Optimus, Jason Rogers, Peter Valentine, Mammoth, Warlord Agony, Kimitada Ohishi, Captain USA, Whistler, Crusher Ichihara and sadly Sensational Ogiwara as well.

[QUOTE=Wildcat;363656]Definitely Alysain Scottsfield, Saionji Omura, Demon Spite, Danger Kamusaka and The Stomper, and most likely Pistol Pete Hall, Corporal Doom, Sam Keith, Vin Tanner, Optimus, Jason Rogers, Peter Valentine, Mammoth, Warlord Agony, Kimitada Ohishi, Captain USA, Whistler, Crusher Ichihara and sadly Sensational Ogiwara as well.[/QUOTE] No way Sensational Ogiwara is retired. There's literally only one person in the CVerse would could replace her (Alicia Strong). Although, putting Alicia on a written to 5SSW would make for a pretty big change. But Alicia's too over in areas outside of Japan to make that financially feasible (they don't pay for JUST her Japanese overness, after all). Crusher I can see because she has three strikes against her (she's over 37, female, and has a dinged physical condition) but Ogiwara? Nah. [QUOTE=Blackman;363770]All the useless 'old' women no one uses anyway. I'm referring to those that actually retire in 2007 each and every game. Namiyo etc.[/QUOTE] heh Namiyo isn't useless. Well, if your primary concern is getting the best possible match/show ratings, then yeah, she's useless. But if your primary goal is the development of young talent, Namiyo is a bonafide steal (though not if you play in Japan, she'd be too expensive for her role, most likely). She's also great for talent trade fodder. :)

Well that is my goal quite frankly, but I dislike wasting big money on worthless matches just to improve the talent. Hence my 'trainer' idea. I meant she's useless compared to what you pay for her 'services'. Getting paired up with a way better worker doesn't really do all that much imo compared to pairings with a slightly better worker. Therefore, she's useless imo. She retires in februari 2007 80% of the time anyway. :D

[QUOTE=Blackman;363941]Well that is my goal quite frankly, but I dislike wasting big money on worthless matches just to improve the talent. Hence my 'trainer' idea. I meant she's useless compared to what you pay for her 'services'. Getting paired up with a way better worker doesn't really do all that much imo compared to pairings with a slightly better worker. Therefore, she's useless imo. She retires in februari 2007 80% of the time anyway. :D[/QUOTE] *shrug* I pay her 150 per appearance and she's still active in October of 08. Now that I've said that, she'll probably retire next month but so be it. She's helped turn Etsuko Arihyoshi into a bonafide midcard anchor so I won't begrudge her if she decides to hang up her boots. The only "useless" workers to me are people like Kaede Sugiyama and Sakura Sada and Steph Blake and that's largely logistical (i.e. by the time they become 'decent', you have access to workers like Eri Sato and Etsuko Arihyoshi and Gemma Oonishi and Amber Allen and Ashley Grover, who are a bit more than 'decent' right out the box). But different strokes and all that.

I actually like Steph Blake. She is one of my top stars but is probably going to retire very soon. The problem with Ogi is that even if she doesn't start retired she will retire within a year anyway. If the game goes back to the old womens retirement dates than I could see her running strong for quite some time, but as is she will probably end up retired and if so I'd love to see her open her own womens dojo.

Yes she will, but at least you'll start off in the game with her. Who knows she might last half a year or longer. You never know because of the randomness. :D Steve Flash should either resign with NOTBPW or work as a road agent. He's too good a worker to walk around without a written deal so do something about it. If not, I'll sign him again, regardless. :D

[QUOTE=Wildcat;364162] The problem with Ogi is that even if she doesn't start retired she will retire within a year anyway. If the game goes back to the old womens retirement dates than I could see her running strong for quite some time, but as is she will probably end up retired and if so I'd love to see her open her own womens dojo.[/QUOTE] She made it three years eight months in my current game, for what it's worth.

Archived