MAW: And You Thought Cuban Was Bad

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[CENTER][B][U]MAW: Where It All Begins Again[/U][/B] Friday Week 4 October 2007 Held at Stanley Hall 224 in attendance[/CENTER] Now this is how you can tell it's a big show. Major boost in crowd. DARK MATCH – RATING: D DARK MATCH – RATING: D [COLOR="Blue"][B]Marv Earnest[/B][/COLOR] and [COLOR="Red"][B]Rip Chord[/B][/COLOR] play up the significance of this event to MAW as the webcast begins. We immediately go backstage, where [COLOR="Blue"][B]Nicole Kiss[/B][/COLOR] is talking to [COLOR="Blue"][B]American Elemental[/B][/COLOR], favouring him as the new contender. It looks like she might be about to extend him an offer, when- RATING: E+ “Elemental? You're picking that has-been sack o' crap? Honey, I fought him to a standstill last month. Don't you understand that?” All of a sudden, I'm in there, staring Elemental down, and Nicole reacts sensibly; she takes a couple of steps out of the way. Elemental moves slightly to cut me off from her, and it looks like it might come to blows- “Hey! Hey! Hey!” Suddenly, [COLOR="Blue"][B]Tom Cruise[/B][/COLOR] is on the scene. “You two want to go at it, you shoulda paid more attention to the draw. See, I can guarantee you two get a chance to face off in the contendership gauntlet tonight – because starting us off is American Elemental versus [COLOR="Red"][B]Jack G. Wells[/B][/COLOR]. Get ready, you two – you're just one tag match away from dancing!” RATING: D- [COLOR="Red"][B]The Rock City Stars[/B][/COLOR] vs. [COLOR="Red"][B]The Apopalypse[/B][/COLOR] It's not a spectacularly long tag match, either – thankfully; the Stars are starting to have even more problems pulling reactions with their gimmicks. The Apopalypse do well here, and I can actually see Cameron being a little more careful, which is a good thing as they debut their tag finisher here; called Number One With A Bullet, Cameron whips an opponent into a running spear from Jimmy – and it's Jimmy who pics up the win here. The Apopalypse def. Rock City Stars RATING:: E+ [COLOR="Blue"][B]American Elemental [/B][/COLOR]vs. [COLOR="Red"][B]Jack G. Wells[/B][/COLOR] Short and sweet, not quite up to our usual standards. Elemental countered out of my offence early on and started to really go for it, but once he had me properly on the ropes [COLOR="Red"][B]Frankie Dee[/B][/COLOR] appeared on the apron. Elemental paused, [COLOR="Blue"][B]Jay Fair[/B][/COLOR] turned to deal with him, and I took advantage with a low blow, DDT, and The Sleeper for the sneak win. Jack G Wells def. American Elemental following interference by Frankie Dee and a whole lotta cheatin' RATING: C- [COLOR="Blue"][B]Natural Storm[/B][/COLOR] vs. [COLOR="Red"][B]Flash Savage & Huey Cannonball[/B][/COLOR] Less than four minutes. Awful performances from Eddie and Flash, and Huey was his usual appalling self. This was horrendous, but thankfully short, with the Storm Damage from DC on Huey being about the only notable spot of the whole match. Natural Storm def. Flash Savage & Huey Cannonball RATING: D- [COLOR="Red"][B]The Apopalypse[/B][/COLOR] were shown backstage promising a new era of dominance over the tag titles, led by Kristen. If we get them over before Cameron pisses Jean or Rip off enough to get killed, this could do well; now, not so much. RATING: E- [COLOR="Blue"][B]Insane Machine[/B][/COLOR] vs. [COLOR="Red"][B]Jack G. Wells[/B][/COLOR] I'm still not really feelin' it between the Machine and myself, but for the various storylines going through this show, this had to be one of the contendership matchups. If we weren't both theoretically among the guys to carry the MAW marquees, I'd have been OK with our performances, but still. We did our best, though, and the bookerman gets to eat Termination Kick and mat in shortish order. For what it was and where on the card it was, it was OK. Insane Machine def. Jack G. Wells RATING: D+ [COLOR="Blue"][B]Nicole Kiss[/B][/COLOR] is shown backstage with the Storm. A few well-chosen words later show us that even with [COLOR="Blue"][B]DC Rayne[/B][/COLOR] not really feeling the gimmick the way he has in the past, the Storm and Kiss are still loved enough to do better than the Apopalypse. RATING: E [COLOR="Red"][B]Steven Parker[/B][/COLOR] vs. [COLOR="Blue"][B]Insane Machine[/B][/COLOR] To be honest I think a good chink of the heat on this match was the realisation that Des was the fresh man at the end of this marathon. It did help, though, that both these men know how to work together in a way I can't come close to with the Machine. This one was exactly even, with smooth kickouts, counters, and highspots on both sides. And then Parker 'accidentally' suplexed IM into Jay, laying him out; [COLOR="Red"][B]Ricky Douglas[/B][/COLOR] came in and the duo beat the Machine down and then started working the doubleteams. By the time Jay resurfaced, Parker had an easy pin. Steven Parker def. Insane Machine through Ricky Douglas and dirty tricks. RATING: C [COLOR="Blue"][B]Tom Cruise[/B][/COLOR] brings out MAW Champion [COLOR="Blue"][B]Mainstream Hernandez[/B][/COLOR] and the two talk Mainstream up. It's a good solid promo that puts over the belt as much as Mainstream, and that puts over how important this gauntlet is; I liked it. In an astonishing feat, Mainstream successfully cuts off every attempt on Cruise' part to get into a Scientology sermon, and thus gets a lot of pops. I'm not sure; I think they may even have planned that ahead of time. Which would mean Tom's planning something... RATING: C Rip and Marv dwell on the importance of the MAW Tag Titles, and consequently on the importance of the upcoming tag title match. RATING: E- [COLOR="Red"][B]The Apopalypse[/B][/COLOR] vs. [COLOR="Blue"][B]The Natural Storm[/B][/COLOR] for the MAW Tag Titles I have no idea what was wrong here, but it sucked. Sucked horribly. Another Number One With a Bullet gives Jimmy Foxx his second pin of the night, but beyond that... ugh. For no good reason, either. The Apopalypse def. The Natural Storm RATING: E+ [COLOR="Blue"][B]Des Davids[/B][/COLOR] vs. [COLOR="Red"][B]Steven Parker[/B][/COLOR] Oh, God. Horrible finish after a sweet middle section. Des and Steven did... Okish, but without a cage it didn't hold the weight of their prior matches, and in the end it was abruptly finished when the [COLOR="Red"][B]Mean Machine[/B][/COLOR] ran in and laid Des out with the brass knucks, earning Des the DQ win. Des Davids def. Steven Parker by Mean Machineference DQ RATING: D Parker and the Machine got into a shoving and shouting match to end the show. RATING: D- Very, very weak show. Sadly. Still, we live and learn. And a show about getting everything back on the road is always going to have problems. SHOW RATING: D-

I kinda sighed, looking across at Jean, and ran my fingers through my hair. Rip and Cruise were watching, but staying out of it. Lucky bastards; I wish I could. I hadn't given Jean any time to criticise last night's card with me before we started it. I didn't do that because I knew what his reaction would be. He'd been unhappy enough about the beginnings of a feud with Parker the previous month, fearing -possibly wisely – that if he couldn't stay a major heel he might end up being perceived as a face by the end of all this. I was confident we could keep him a heel overall, but I knew this was going to be rocky going. And on top of that, a man who'd concussed one of Jean's friends so badly the guy was still forbidden from driving in case he switched off behind the wheel was now MAW Tag Champion. “Putting it back on the Storm would have looked cheap,” I said. It was why we'd done it – I mean, Christ, consider the other choices in the division – but I knew how weak it sounded. And when you factored in that the card had sucked worse than anything else I'd put on... Yeah. I pretty much had no defence. And I knew it. Rip just sat back watching, saying nothing, and Jean and I both knew why. Tom, on the other hand, cleared his throat. It... it was honestly like a spark flew between my eyes and Jeans'. I could feel a decision being reached by both of us, that it was time to concentrate on Cruise. That we could pick this up later. All this before the money opened his mouth. “The Rock City Stars couldn't cope with it, Jean,” he said, and Jean shot him a look that shut him up in a second. “No,” he said. “The Canadian Blondes could have, though. But now we don't have that ****ing option, do we?” Cruise sighed. “No, and I do sympathise. Oscar's getting good care, but-” “And I'm damn glad you're paying for it,” Jean snarled. “It's your boy who left him needing it.” He held his hands up, surrendering the point. “Oh, I know,” he said. “And Cameron should expect a certain degree of punishment as a result. But we need to move forward, need to concentrate on the now. I had a thought.” ... Well, you know what, he's got balls. He carried on. “Parker's been pretty, uh 'de-pushed', right? And he's got the series with you coming up, Jean... I don't know what's happening with that. And I don't know yet what you're planning for the tag division other than the Storm feuding with Cameron and Jimmy...” First names for his boys, I noticed. “...but if Parker keeps falling, then by the time you're done with him and Des is done with Ricky, they could go back into tag and strengthen that arena a little. It'd do anyone good to face up with them, and if we can rely on anyone to teach Cameron how to be safe, it's got to be Parker, right?” Jesus ****. It'd almost make sense. Tom Cruise had an idea that didn't suck on all counts. I leaned back in my chair and eyeballed the skies. No blood, no pigs. What d'you know?

[i]Taken from [url]www.midatlanticwrestling.biz[/url][/i] With the fallout from [U]Where It All Begins Again[/U] still settling, Mid Atlantic Wrestling are going to be [U]Hanging By A Moment[/U] this Friday at Stanley Hall! Expect to see: [B][COLOR="Red"]Antonio[/COLOR][/B] vs. [COLOR="Red"][B]Cameron Vessey[/B][/COLOR] [COLOR="Blue"][B]American Elemental [/B][/COLOR]vs. [COLOR="Red"][B]Frankie Dee[/B][/COLOR] [COLOR="Blue"][B]Insane Machine[/B][/COLOR] vs. [COLOR="Red"][B]Ricky Douglas[/B][/COLOR] [COLOR="Red"][B]Steven Parker[/B][/COLOR] vs. [COLOR="Blue"][B]DC Rayne[/B][/COLOR] [COLOR="Red"][B]Jack G. Wells[/B][/COLOR] vs. [COLOR="Blue"][B]Eddie Howard[/B][/COLOR] And, after the controversial finish to the Contendership Gauntlet, [COLOR="Blue"][B]Mainstream Hernandez[/B][/COLOR] vs. [COLOR="Blue"][B]Des Davids[/B][/COLOR] vs. [COLOR="Red"][B]The Mean Machine[/B][/COLOR] for the MAW Championship has been confirmed by [COLOR="Red"][B]Rip Chord.[/B][/COLOR] Also: [COLOR="Red"][B]The Mean Machine[/B][/COLOR] may have made two enemies last month, one in [B][COLOR="Blue"]Des Davids [/COLOR][/B]and one in [COLOR="Red"][B]Steven Parker[/B][/COLOR]. Will Parker have anything to say about it? Tickets still only $8

[B]Antonio[/B] vs. Cameron Vessey [I]- Tough one, as you want your champions to look good, but Vessey is in a bad way with one of your key members. I'll go with the guy who probably eats, sleeps, and bleeds MAW for now.[/I] [B]American Elemental[/B] vs. Frankie Dee [I]- In my Game, Dee is nearly a household name in the Great Lakes area already. In yours he's a 'developmental talent' with promise. And in Tigerkinney's BHOTWG's, it isn't American Elemental, he's Elemental Americana, the future of the junior division... suffice to say, this one's in the bag.[/I] [B]Insane Machine[/B] vs. Ricky Douglas [I]- Because he's Insane. And a Machine.[/I] [B]Steven Parker[/B] vs. DC Rayne [I]- Parker gets back on track to the title. (This match should improve Rayne's stats a little too)[/I] [B]Jack G. Wells[/B] vs. Eddie Howard [I]- Because you're better than him.[/I] And, after the controversial finish to the Contendership Gauntlet, [B]Mainstream Hernandez[/B] vs. Des Davids vs. The Mean Machine for the MAW Championship has been confirmed by Rip Chord. [I]- When I look at this match, on paper, this has the chance to be your "TNA Unbreakable" Main event. You've got your unstoppable Juggernaut in Davids, a frighteningly good veteren heel in Mean Jean, and the heroic face in Hernandez. I know it isn't quite the same, and the roles are a little reversed, but I expect I'll mark out for this match just like I marked out for that one. I don't see Hernandez loosing it here, but It will sow a few mainevent seeds me thinks.[/I] Also: The Mean Machine may have made two enemies last month, one in Des Davids and one in Steven Parker. Will Parker have anything to say about it? [I]- Yes. :) [/I] Yeah... that's a long reply post. Sorry. Still, good luck! - Sonfaro

[B]Antonio[/B] vs. Cameron Vessey [B]American Elemental[/B] vs. Frankie Dee [B]Insane Machine[/B] vs. Ricky Douglas [B]Steven Parker[/B] vs. DC Rayne [B]Jack G. Wells[/B] vs. Eddie Howard And, after the controversial finish to the Contendership Gauntlet, [B]Mainstream Hernandez [/B]vs. Des Davids vs. The Mean Machine for the MAW Championship has been confirmed by Rip Chord.

[CENTER][B][U]MAW: Hanging By A Moment[/U][/B] Friday Week 3 November 2007 Held at Stanley Hall 196 in attendance[/CENTER] DARK MATCH – RATING: D DARK MATCH – RATING: D [COLOR="Blue"][B]Marv Earnest[/B][/COLOR] signs in for the web broadcast, hyping the triple threat upcoming. After about a minute [COLOR="Red"][B]Rip Chord[/B][/COLOR]'s voice is also heard as he accuses Marv of cutting his mic off, running the segment off into their usual bickering. [COLOR="Red"][B]Antonio[/B][/COLOR] vs. [COLOR="Red"][B]Cameron Vessey[/B][/COLOR] Kristen really can work ringside, you know; she made every blow tell twice as much just by reaction and helped Cameron keep Antonio off-balance for the early portion of the match – and then Antonio ducked past [COLOR="Blue"][B]Jay Fair[/B][/COLOR] and caught him with a clothesline to the back of the head. With no ref the [COLOR="Red"][B]Mean Machine[/B][/COLOR] hit the ring, laying Cameron out with the Mood Swing and then threatening the same to Kristen – who barely got free. Antonio then took his time setting Cameron up as Jay recovered and landed the Sicilian DDT for the win. Antonio def. Cameron Vessey following Mean Machine's run-in RATING: D [COLOR="Red"][B]Frankie Dee[/B][/COLOR] comes out and grabs a moment of mic time to thank me personally for helping him out these past few months, before promising to make me proud. RATING: E [B][COLOR="Blue"]American Elemental[/COLOR][/B] vs. [COLOR="Red"][B]Frankie Dee[/B][/COLOR] Well, he didn't, but that was mostly due to this being yet another guy Elemental can't get on the same page as. On top of that, Frankie didn't seem to be feeling it in any case. And despite that this was still a better match than the prior one – I came in partway through and tried to take Elemental out, but could only buy a few seconds at a time thanks to Jay's vigilance. It just wasn't enough and the Inferno Splash put my protege away. American Elemental def. Frankie Dee despite a Jack G. Wells run-in RATING: D+ [B][COLOR="Blue"]The Natural Storm[/COLOR][/B] appeared, backed by [COLOR="Blue"][B]Nicole Kiss[/B][/COLOR], and offered the [COLOR="Red"][B]Apopalypse[/B][/COLOR] a chance to prove themselves in tag action. RATING: E [B][COLOR="Blue"]Insane Machine[/COLOR][/B] vs. [COLOR="Red"][B]Ricky Douglas[/B][/COLOR] Man, Ricky's gimmick actually just died in front of us during this match. You could practically feel the crowd lose it. Definitely time to change that. The pair of them overcame it mostly, though, with aid from a run-in by a very fired up [COLOR="Red"][B]Steven Parker[/B][/COLOR]; the brawl exploded to the point Jay stopped it with health concerns in mind, with the Insane Machine targeting Ricky's back following his issues with Des and Parker and Ricky both going after Insane Machine's head. Insane Machine drew with Ricky Douglas due to a ref stoppage. Steven Parker ran in. RATING: D+ Parker grabbed the mic and talked himself up at that point, explaining that Where It All Began had proved to him that he needed to re-examine his priorities. He affirmed that The Future was here to stay. RATING: D+ [COLOR="Red"][B]Steven Parker[/B][/COLOR] vs. [COLOR="Blue"][B]DC Rayne[/B][/COLOR] Oh, this was great. Sure, almost everyone on the show so far tonight needs something doing to either their gimmick or a turn, but they're overcoming it. And we got a surprisingly big reaction when a supposedly 'reinjured' [COLOR="Red"][B]Ricky Douglas[/B][/COLOR] hit the ring and helped Parker take out Rayne before the Future Shock ended it. Well worth putting on the card and a sign of what Rayne's becoming. Steven Parker def. DC Rayne with a Ricky Douglas run-in RATING: C Parker got more mic time and he specifically called out the [COLOR="Red"][B]Mean Machine[/B][/COLOR], explaining to him that his assault on [COLOR="Blue"][B]Insane Machine[/B][/COLOR] was meant to remind the Firm member 'what you do for your friends. I have Ricky's back. He's got mine. Don't make us stab you in yours.” RATING: D+ [COLOR="Red"][B]Jack G. Wells[/B][/COLOR] vs. [COLOR="Blue"][B]Eddie Howard[/B][/COLOR] Eddie and I tried, but we couldn't equal Steven and his tag partner, despite having all the leeway we needed to just make this a wrestling exhibition – no run-ins, no craven tactics, just an old-school wrestling match. (Rip was complaining we never did any anymore.) The fans got into it, just not as much as for Steven and DC, and when I countered a powerbomb into a sunset flip and scored the fall we actually got a smallish pop. Jack G. Wells def. Eddie Howard RATING: C- Backstage, we see [COLOR="Blue"][B]Des Davids[/B][/COLOR] warming up for the main event – and then the [COLOR="Red"][B]Mean Machine[/B][/COLOR] jumps him with a baseball bat, working him over heavily and then delivering the Mood Swing through a table. Rip phlegmatically remarked “I guess it's a one-on-one title match now...” RATING: D- [COLOR="Blue"][B]Tom Cruise[/B][/COLOR] came out to respond, backed up by the MAW champ [COLOR="Blue"][B]Mainstream Hernandez,[/B][/COLOR] who's definitely getting better at all this. “Really, I should cancel your title shot,” he tells the Machine. “You cheated your way into it. You've cheated Des out of it. But you know what? There's no one else who hasn't wrestled. And the fans deserve their main event. So you get it, but trust me... you are nothing to the Mainstream. And you're too weighed down by your demons to win.” RATING: C- [COLOR="Blue"][B]Mainstream Hernandez[/B][/COLOR] vs. [COLOR="Red"][B]The Mean Machine[/B][/COLOR] for the MAW Championship Another pretty damn good match to finish the night. Marv and Rip kept anticipating Parker jumping the Machine, but it didn't happen – though he was about the only guy who didn't come in, as Mainstream had to fight off an assault by [COLOR="Red"][B]Antonio[/B][/COLOR] long enough for[COLOR="Blue"][B] Tom Cruise[/B][/COLOR] to get involved and clear him out of the ring (following which Antonio laid Cruise out with a Sicilian DDT to the concrete, but by that time Mainstream had already twisted clear of the Mood Swing and landed a superkick to cover and retain). Good work and definite development by Mainstream in terms of his matwork. Mainstream Hernandez def. The Mean Machine despite an Antonio run-in RATING: C- As we closed out the broadcast, Marv and Rip informed the fans at home that to cheer Des up, at Above The Winter Moonlight he'd face [COLOR="Red"][B]Ricky Douglas[/B][/COLOR]. Marv asked Rip if that meant Des wouldn't get a chance to revenge himself on the [COLOR="Red"][B]Mean Machine[/B][/COLOR], and Rip shrugged it off with “Ask me again once he's put Ricky away.” RATING: E We're back on track, it seems. Frankie got more time than some of the fans would like, but I think he can use it, and frankly the fact he's currently considered below CJ and Max by our fans is ridiculous and needs fixing. SHOW RATING: D+

[QUOTE=mad5226;392748]good show man, but thats a lot of matches, with big names. How do you manage to make money?[/QUOTE] At the present moment I'm not; between ticket sales, sponsorship and merchandise, I'm about breaking even. Cruise gave the place a $100K injection when he came in and I've got about half my starting funds left right now. With contract renegotiation season more or less over I'm hoping to turn things around well before the funds run out - should be able to pack Stanley Hall soon - but the first thing I wanted to do was establish MAW prominently as per the owner goals. Each Dark Match is a main eventer versus a jobber, though, so believe me, I'm getting my money's worth out of them.

Breathing a sigh of relief was the order of the day this month; Mainstream's contract came due, and really that's the kind of thing that can terrify a booker. I'd have to derail a lot of plans considering the matches as currently laid out and the destination we were aiming for if we lost our current champion, though perhaps it would only hurt a couple of shows before we pulled back on track. What startled me was that James didn't sting us for a massive upgrade; the kind of raise our lowest level workers have been going for was enough for him. Oh, and we re-signed Huey Cannonball. But given no one else'd have him, no surprises there. The problem came later in the month. Remember what I said about Ryan Turner last time? How I had to talk Cruise into it? He'd been on the thin end of the wedge last time. Now he wanted at least a hundred more than he'd been asking, presumably figuring on us being utterly screwed in the tag division by the injury to Oscar. In the past nine months we'd given him four matches, two solo and two tag, and they'd all been pretty atrocious with both Jean and myself facing off against him and barely wringing worthwhile matches out of it, and he'd shown almost no development. I'd had ideas, a few months ago; I'd been prepped to keep the Stars around for a while. They'd had a feud against the Apopalypse pencilled in with its own special gimmick match... Sorry, Stan. Ryan Turner just killed your tag team. I didn't even allow Cruise to speak; I canned Turner myself.

Taken from [url]www.midatlanticwrestling.com*[/url] It's our final show of the year, and with excitement rising for the Invitational you do not want to miss what's going on Above The Winter Moonlight at Stanley Hall! Matches scheduled include: [COLOR="Blue"][B]Insane Machine [/B][/COLOR]vs. [COLOR="Red"][B]Stan 'The Man' Manna[/B][/COLOR] [COLOR="Red"][B]The Apopalypse[/B][/COLOR] vs. [COLOR="Blue"][B]The Natural Storm[/B][/COLOR] for the MAW Tag Titles [COLOR="Blue"][B]American Elemental[/B][/COLOR] vs. [COLOR="Red"][B]Flash Savage[/B][/COLOR] [COLOR="Blue"][B]Erik Strong[/B][/COLOR] vs. [COLOR="Red"][B]Steven Parker[/B][/COLOR] [COLOR="Blue"][B]Des Davids[/B][/COLOR] vs. [COLOR="Red"][B]Ricky Douglas[/B][/COLOR] [COLOR="Blue"][B]Mainstream Hernandez[/B][/COLOR] vs. [COLOR="Red"][B]Jack G. Wells[/B][/COLOR] for the MAW Championship With the Firm starting to disintegrate and the Mean Machine at a loose end you can bet this is going to get nasty. What else can happen? * - Cruise's money's good for something, who knew?

[B]Insane Machine [/B]vs. Stan 'The Man' Manna [B]The Apopalypse[/B] vs. The Natural Storm for the MAW Tag Titles [B]American Elemental [/B]vs. Flash Savage Erik Strong vs. [B]Steven Parker[/B] [B]Des Davids[/B] vs. Ricky Douglas [B]Mainstream Hernandez[/B] vs. Jack G. Wells for the MAW Championship - Sonfaro

Archived